In case you are worried about this fabled new stadium.. (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

... in light of information from councils which appears to indicate that any progress on this new... ahem.. stadium isn't quite as some of us had interpreted some of the claims in recent times; don't worry. I've just read back to The Telegraph, dated 12th August, 2013, and the following from Mr Fisher has put my mind at rest:

“If we say we’re going to build a stadium, then we will. We have provided clear evidence to the League on our ability to deliver on those plans. It’s not, and never will be, our intention to mislead, filibuster or posture".

He also claimed: “CBRE have identified sites. Other councils are motivated to talk to us because of the inward investment, job creation and community benefits". On the mystery third site just outside Coventry’s boundary, he claimed: “We know from CBRE that other local authorities are very keen to begin discussions with us.”

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be sleeping easy in my bed tonight, knowing all's well with CCFC and it's future. As to all of the negative responses from councils with regards the various Freedom Of Information requests, I can only conclude they've forgotten how 'keen' and 'motivated' they were to be involved, and the should apologise to us all for giving us the jitters....

Hobo

For me nothing has changed as I was never taken in by this latest SISU charade.

SonOfSnoz

If new stadium happens, this just proves this country is as corrupt as the rest, there is no truth in freedom of information....

What's the point of it?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

TheRoyalScam

ecky

... in light of information from councils which appears to indicate that any progress on this new... ahem.. stadium isn't quite as some of us had interpreted some of the claims in recent times; don't worry. I've just read back to The Telegraph, dated 12th August, 2013, and the following from Mr Fisher has put my mind at rest:

“If we say we’re going to build a stadium, then we will. We have provided clear evidence to the League on our ability to deliver on those plans. It’s not, and never will be, our intention to mislead, filibuster or posture".

He also claimed: “CBRE have identified sites. Other councils are motivated to talk to us because of the inward investment, job creation and community benefits". On the mystery third site just outside Coventry’s boundary, he claimed: “We know from CBRE that other local authorities are very keen to begin discussions with us.”

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be sleeping easy in my bed tonight, knowing all's well with CCFC and it's future. As to all of the negative responses from councils with regards the various Freedom Of Information requests, I can only conclude they've forgotten how 'keen' and 'motivated' they were to be involved, and the should apologise to us all for giving us the jitters....

Here is a good fable, can you link it to our present owners?

A vain Emperor who cares about nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid". The Emperor's ministers cannot see the clothing themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions and the Emperor does the same. Finally the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects. The townsfolk play along with the pretense, not wanting to appear unfit for their positions or stupid. Then a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

Users who are viewing this thread