In amongst all this (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

The individual cases are all well and good, and they have a certain dry satisfaction within them. Would anyone, really care if Wasps went bust? Is the pitch ultimately their responsibility? Yep, of course.

However... how has it come to this? We first mentioned a new stadium 2013, showed renderings of it in December of that year. Various rumours of sites including Brandon, Woodlands etc. have come and gone. Then we had a proposed Butts partnership, followed by the University of Warwick - that was announced over two years ago.

And still, the closest we've got is that December 2013 rendering. That. Is. It. For a Plan A it hasn't delivered and has left us hostage to moves to Northampton, Birmingham... and out of our control whether games were played or not.

Nine years, and not a single planning application submitted. Given it was about four years from the identification of the Falmer site to planning permission, and then nine years after that for the ground to be built, we're looking at, what, 2040+ for our new ground if we follow those ratios!

*That* lies fully with the owners. *They* put us in the position where we're dependent on others. That wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't pipe up and now claiming a grand plan to do otherwise.

Hobo

Tim Fisher in charge of looking for land for the new stadium while walking his dog never really inspired confidence.

Irish Sky Blue

The individual cases are all well and good, and they have a certain dry satisfaction within them. Would anyone, really care if Wasps went bust? Is the pitch ultimately their responsibility? Yep, of course.

However... how has it come to this? We first mentioned a new stadium 2013, showed renderings of it in December of that year. Various rumours of sites including Brandon, Woodlands etc. have come and gone. Then we had a proposed Butts partnership, followed by the University of Warwick - that was announced over two years ago.

And still, the closest we've got is that December 2013 rendering. That. Is. It. For a Plan A it hasn't delivered and has left us hostage to moves to Northampton, Birmingham... and out of our control whether games were played or not.

Nine years, and not a single planning application submitted. Given it was about four years from the identification of the Falmer site to planning permission, and then nine years after that for the ground to be built, we're looking at, what, 2040+ for our new ground if we follow those ratios!

*That* lies fully with the owners. *They* put us in the position where we're dependent on others. That wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't pipe up and now claiming a grand plan to do otherwise.
I’ll be 83 when I’m watching my first game at the U of W stadium then.

Ashdown

SISU couldn’t build a greenhouse. They’ve never had any intention of doing anything other than look for opportunities to engage their lawyers.

SBT

Just a reminder that the official position of this forum is that we were “delighted” with the stadium announcement two years ago

NorthernWisdom

Boo sisu boo

Bad Sisu for wasps not fulfilling their contractual obligations
Bad SISU for constantly bleating on about a fucking ground rather than actually doing it. Their responsibility they're beholden to Wasps, given they've spent nearly a decade saying they're planning for the day when they're not, while doing fuck all about it!

Liquid Gold

Bad SISU for constantly bleating on about a fucking ground rather than actually doing it. Their responsibility they're beholden to Wasps, given they've spent nearly a decade saying they're planning for the day when they're not, while doing fuck all about it!
We all know that their end game has been the arena the whole time.

Everything they've done and said has been to devalue or destabilise and get their hands on it.

Last edited:

mr_monkey

Like I said, boo Sisu... Also glad you know the inner workings of the Warwick stuff glad to have the insight on here it's appreciated

But you have to give them respect for conspiring with the efl and two referees to get the game cancelled yesterday to distress wasps, the clever buggers

NorthernWisdom

Also glad you know the inner workings of the Warwick stuff glad to have the insight on here it's appreciated
I forgot you were the blind cheerleader who took at face value every statement, and decided anybody who cast any shade was the same poster multi accounting...

As for your second point, I've already said that, but that doesn't suit your supine attempts to mock and ignore the reality of the situation does it.

mr_monkey

I forgot you were the blind cheerleader who took at face value every statement, and decided anybody who cast any shade was the same poster multi accounting...

As for your second point, I've already said that, but that doesn't suit your supine attempts to mock and ignore the reality of the situation does it.

No blind cheerleading just only deal in facts not rumour and bad feeling towards things that have happened in the past

The reality of the situation is that wasps failed to provide what we agreed to which then is somehow our owners fault and that's mental gymnastics I just can't do I'm affaid

They have done many many terrible things and they have been rightly called out for them but the fact the game got cancelled yesterday is not on them in any way at all and the anger should be directed at wasps not our club but instead it's turned into boo Sisu again as that is what people want

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Exactly. It's possible for them all to be arses, as indeed they were when we moved to Northampton, even...
See I’ve been massively against wasps and the council since the beginning and been vocal about it. But it doesn’t mean I’ve forgiven SISU.

for me the long term goal is to get them out. Short term, we need to get the ricoh lease back in play, and that means the removal of wasps.

The thing is, In some perverse way - Joy was right. ACL needs to be unencumbered. And to start again.

SISUs plan to bring in AEG to the unencumbered lease was probably a wise idea.

Gynnsthetonic

See I’ve been massively against wasps and the council since the beginning and been vocal about it. But it doesn’t mean I’ve forgiven SISU.

for me the long term goal is to get them out. Short term, we need to get the ricoh lease back in play, and that means the removal of wasps.

The thing is, In some perverse way - Joy was right. ACL needs to be unencumbered. And to start again.

SISUs plan to bring in AEG to the unencumbered lease was probably a wise idea.
You mean CCFC owning the freehold or a 250 year lease?

Briles

If wasps go bust we don't have a stadium again

Briles

Not true, if our lease is written well enough.

I don't think I've ever seen a lease that says when a landlord goes bankrupt the tenants can stay once the lease/property is sold. Maybe its different commercially.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread