Improving our offer for Le Fondre (1 Viewer)

Sutty

How do we go about signing a 500k rated player when we have little (or no) money?

We've allegedly gone in offering a straight swap, ROD for ALF. Clearly this is an unsatisfactory offer, but it is fairly sensible for us to offer player exchanges as we can tidy up our wage bill slightly as well.

So, if we can't offer a fee, who should we exchange to make up the 500k asking price? How about a season long loan of Nathan Cameron and Shaun Jeffers, as well as O'Donovan on a permanent deal?

We don't need Cameron yet, as we've got Keogh, Cranie, Wood, McPake and Turner to come back. Without Jeffers and ROD, but with ALF, we'd have Juke, ALF, Eastwood, Platt and Wilson up front.

So we'd have enough cover in the positions of the players we're losing, and the wage bill wouldn't change too much. Rotherham would get use of 3 League 2 (at least) standard players. Is it worth a try? Or is our squad simply too small to let 3 players go to only be replaced by 1? In which case we need to change our target and find a cheaper option.

Otis

I would offer Wood or McPake and ROD or maybe a youngster on loan such as Jeffers.

Gray

just read its turning into a bidding war...best move on to the next target then!

Sutty

I've just found a tenner in my jeans pocket, so if I get my bid in now I'll probably be ahead of CCFC in this 'bidding war'.

Dinyull

We could only offer youngsters as I doubt any of the likes of Wood, McPake will be willing to drop to L2. And we're relying on the youngsters in the squad so I don't think we have a chance at all.

PVA

there's no way Wood or McPake would drop to L2 and I don't blame them.

ROD or jeffers is probably our best bet.

Otis

But they are simply not going to accept that are they. A goalscorer that a few clubs have shown an interest in for a youngster who's done nothing to prove himself at all and a player who spent the entire season barely even making the bench. Rotherham would be mad to accept. Even ROD AND Jeffers for that matter.

Sutty

But a loan of Cameron as well? A player who did fairly well at our level, who also might accept a year gaining experience in L2.

blueflint

why loan out any player lets keep them here and blood them in the team to gain experience we should dump freddie tho :p:p

Nonleagueherewecome

Great way to demotivate Roy if this is true..he's constantly looked our best goalscorer in preseason, looks set to start in the team, so we try to swap him for an unproven player who could actually prove to be inferior?!?

brinner

is lefondre that good tho??

cant really comment till i see him play tho if he is all that then why aernt other teams after him and why is he gonna be potentially so cheap??

am not saying dont sign him, he may bang em in at this level, it just seems a bit strange that only a couple of clubs seem intrested when he has scored 50 goals in the last 2 seasons.

Otis

According to the CT (from Vital Football) there are three clubs in for him, us, Leshtur and Sheff Weds.

'COVENTRY City are said to be in a bidding war for Rotherham United striker Adam Le Fondre.

According to Vital Football, a three-way bidding war has been going on for the 24-year-old involving Huddersfield Town, Leicester City and Sheffield Wednesday, with Coventry expected to be coming in with a better bid.'

Must say I find that very hard to believe that we can better an offer from Leshtur. :eek:

It is understood bidding started at around £500k.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...-adam-le-fondre-92746-29185815/#ixzz1UE4h2l00

asiansmurf

I don't think leicester really want him. I think that is just gamesmanship on their front. Also, who told you they offered a straight swap? There seems to bea lot of school kids on here wetting themselves because people are falling for their gossip. They should do what normal kids at their age do, go and get a girlfriend instead of pishing around on here.
The City have offered £250k up front and additionals making it £500k. NO SWAP was arranged. It like the Livermore thread, total bollox.

Otis

It was on the Rotherham newspaper website that City had only offered a player exchange.

Have to say i am not one for rumours. I am a believe it when i see it type of guy. Just picked up this from their local newspaper.

Last edited:

Otis

'ROTHERHAM United expect Adam Le Fondre to be in their starting line-up for the big kick-off tomorrow despite mounting speculation he could be on the move.

The Millers have already turned down a bid of £200,000 from neighbours Sheffield Wednesday and a second offer of £250,000 this week.

Coventry City also came in with a player-swap proposal that was swatted away.'

Quite specific using the terminology of "swatted away." They seem quite certain. That's not to say of course it is entirely accurate.

Snozzer

We offered them cash plus R'od or Freddie. Freddie's injury is the main cause of the transfer not going through this week.

RansonRarrr

This Adam Le Fondre move is going on for far too long for my liking. I'm starting to feel distressed that we aren't going to sign anyone. :(

CovLis86

Likewise the feeling is that the longer this goes on, the less likely we are going to snap him up.
At the moment id pretty take much take anyone who signs, but i think Le Fondre would be a real coup if we could get him. Young, goalscorer. You cant teach that.

CovLis86

They prefer Eastwood but he's not that keen plus injured. Also offered Wood out to clubs this week.

Would have been a bonus to get Eastwood wages off the books, but I cant see him dropping a league anyway till he has to when his contract runs out here.
Im suprised about Wood. Still think hes solid and would rather keep him than an injury prone McPake.

asiansmurf

Eastwood wants to go back down south. BUT, he is out of contract end of season so maybe something might click in his brain and he scores 30+

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's just get rid of Deadwood (Ooops! Freudian slip!) I meant EASTWOOD! Bloody waste of space. Should never have signed him. Wolves were laughing all the way to the bank!

BackRoomRummermill

yes and I remember all the people on other forums drooling over the thought of signing freddie and the wolves fans laughing

The amount of shit Kevin Kyle got compared to this guy was unreal............. at least KK would score now and then

Users who are viewing this thread