Improvements made (1 Viewer)

Astute

My little lad got me up early so I decided to see how much our league position has improved. I went back 9 games.

Yesterdays opponents Stevenage were in 2nd on 29 points. We were 21st with 11 points. They now have 37 points in 9th and we have 34 points in 11th.

We were 13 points out of the playoffs and 18 points away from automatic promotion. We are now only 5 points from the playoffs and 10 points from an automatic spot. We have done all this in only 9 games :p

So in 9 games we have caught up with both the playoffs and automatic promotion place 8 points. So at this rate we will be in the top 6 after playing Sheff Utd and 2nd after playing Swindon in the first game of March :D

This still leaves us another 10 games to become Champions :pimp:

1. Tranmere 14 9 3 2 31:13 (+18) 30
2. Stevenage 14 8 5 1 20:12 (+8) 29
3. Sheffield U 14 7 7 0 18:10 (+8) 28
4. Crawley Town14 9 1 4 22:18 (+4) 28
5. Notts County14 7 4 3 26:15 (+11) 25
6. Doncaster 13 7 3 3 18:12 (+6) 24
7. Swindon 14 6 4 4 19:14 (+5) 22
8. Preston 14 6 3 5 24:18 (+6) 21
9. Brentford 14 5 6 3 19:15 (+4) 21
10. Milton Keynes Dons14 5 5 4 15:11 (+4) 20
11. Yeovil 14 6 1 7 24:21 (+3) 19
12. Colchester 14 5 4 5 15:16 (-1) 19
13. Carlisle 14 5 4 5 17:23 (-6) 19
14. Portsmouth 14 5 3 6 22:22 (+0) 18
15. Walsall 14 5 3 6 17:20 (-3) 18
16. Crewe 14 4 5 5 14:20 (-6) 17
17. Oldham 13 4 4 5 14:14 (+0) 16
18. Leyton Orient14 5 1 8 11:17 (-6) 16
19. Bournemouth14 3 6 5 20:25 (-5) 15
20. Shrewsbury 14 3 4 7 14:18 (-4) 13
21. Coventry 14 2 5 7 14:22 (-8) 11
22. Scunthorpe 14 2 4 8 11:24 (-13) 10
23. Bury 14 1 5 8 14:26 (-12) 8
24. Hartlepool 14 1 4 9 11:24 (-13) 7

D

Deleted member 4232

It's a great run we're on. The fact that we are mad at a draw, shows the progress made. 3000 going ro MK, this wouldn't happen if we were in that rut still.

UNCLE MONTY

I do believe that we are more than capable of reaching the play offs IF and only if DM stays. Take him out and all of a sudden we will look very ordinary. It's not just his goals, but his all round play.

Otis

It's a fantastic run we're on! Could anyone have even imagined that we would win 5 away from home on the trot?

sky blue john

I expect a play off place now and the only people who could possibly fuck this up from the position we are in is Sisu !!!

kg82

Sorry for being picky, but its 10 games isn't it? We've played 24 now. But I will also say, look at that turnaround in goal difference! And that's just the turnaround! According to that we've scored 27. Nearly 3 goals a game!

Diehard Si

It's amazing to think it's more or less the same players that were called unworthy and boo'd by our fans. I even got attacked on here by some morons over it for suggesting it before.

Maybe they weren't so bad after all and it was the piss poor management.

Robins has made the individuals a team, given them a purpose and shown good tactical decision making ability.

I'd also heard under Thorn ( 2nd hand info from a young first team player) that there was lots of bullying by the senior players towards juniors trying to break through. Unbelievable to think, but sadly true. The reports now are that's been firmly stamped out under Robins.

It's clear Robins has a way of working and not everyone fits in. The likes of Malaga, Hussey and Cody clearly don't share his vision so he's taken them out of the equation.

We are still to see the best of Fleck, Elliott and Barton. These guys might need to step up in the close season with injuries etc especially if we lose our top scorer and talisman.

Onwards and upwards anyway.

sky blue john

Obviously the main improvements is down to MR. But also we have competition for places something we haven't had for a while.

rupert_bear

I do believe that we are more than capable of reaching the play offs IF and only if DM stays. Take him out and all of a sudden we will look very ordinary. It's not just his goals, but his all round play.
Disagree... McGoldrick is the finisher but lately not the only one, yesterday we had 74% possesion, gave Stevenage a goal start and could have doubled our score easily. that's not down to one player it's the team. We have brought in a centre-forward, what happens with McG happens, I'm certain Robins will bring in a couple more and we will improve more.

Chipfat

We give Clarke the same amount of chances the same results will happen... The formation and tactics are helping the players to play with a mindset of going forward earlier. We have always posted we need pace,, well pace is a talent no doubt, but if you move the ball quicker no matter how fast you are, the ball is faster..

We move the ball with a purpose now, where as with AT we moved the ball but with no intent to create.. MR yesterday at 1-1 bollocked the ref for talking to long to players, he wanted the win, his attitude allows the players to move foward and play with winning in mind instead of worrying about a loss..

We will have games that go against us but i would prefer to lose going forward than having 60% of the ball but losing as the other team created 2 more chances and scored them by being direct.

Diehard Si

We will have games that go against us but i would prefer to lose going forward than having 60% of the ball but losing as the other team created 2 more chances and scored them by being direct.

Certainly, we will have the odd blip, but we need to make sure we bounce back.

By the way, the BBC site reports 74% possession for us yesterday!

jas365

When you look at that league table it's certainly an amazing transformation.

The other interesting one on there is Bournemouth, since Eddie Howe returned their record is played 13, won 10 drawn 3. Right now i'd wager they will fill one of the automatic promotion spots come the end of April.

Diehard Si

Another benchmark is we are now playing teams again that beat is before. Stevenage looked very solid when they beat us at the Ricoh arena. They made us look pretty poor.

Now we've gone back to their park and bossed them. Complete turnaround.

Grendel

Even this analysis and the logic applied does suggest at least 2 teams will finish above us

stupot07

Sorry for being picky, but its 10 games isn't it? We've played 24 now. But I will also say, look at that turnaround in goal difference! And that's just the turnaround! According to that we've scored 27. Nearly 3 goals a game!

Your right, and Stevenage have played 1 less than us. However still a great turnaround.

kg82

Oh yeah, I'm loving it. As are most cov fans. As grendel says though, still 2 teams doing better than us at the moment. We could do with a 5, 6, 7 game winning streak instead of drawing the odd one that stops a run.

skybluegod

could we do a reading? they did incredibly in the second half of last season to win the championship cov to do it in league 1?

Otis

Improvements?

Hmmm, how about the away form.

Last 8 seasons prior to this;

W 1
W 5
W 5
W 5
W 6
W 5
W 4
W 5

We have already won 6 away this season and we are only half way through! Okay, it's a lower league but we now have League One players and not Championship ones.

6 wins away from home and only half way through the campaign is excellent stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread