Improvement (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Last season it took us 12 games to get to 9 points. We’ve just done it in 4.

Actually crazy to think we could lose the next 8 games in a row and still be in the same situation as last season at that point.

Every year Robins improves us. I’m so happy he’s here.

Littlewood CCFC

We look better in pretty much every department. Viktor is holding the ball very well, the wings back look dangerous and putting in quality balls, sheaf and hamer look good and o hare looks a real menace every time he picks it up on the break. I think the defence needs a bit of work but moore looks a really good signing who's good at coming to collect crosses and quick of his line which we haven't had for a long time.

Overall we look a more confident side this season and look to have learnt from last year, I think if we can get bright fit to add to this squad we should be looking at a top half finish.

Well done Mark Robins, what a job he has done

long way home

And our record in the last 12 league games is impressive.

8 won
1 draw
3 lost

It's easy to get ahead of ourselves but these stats show we are club on the up on and off the field. Everyone involved has played a part, including the fans, who have been brilliant for a long time. It such a turn around from a club going nowhere and fan base fractured and divided on its direction. Positive things are being built, bridges being mended and fans coming back to see the best side I've seen since Hadji, Keane Mac days. And the best team spirit since 87.

D

Deleted member 2477

Actually crazy to think we could lose the next 8 games in a row and still be in the same situation as last season at that point.

Last season the first 6 games were against four teams who finished in the top six. Dont get carried away. Yes we have improved but the three teams we have won against I would expect to finish near the bottom this season.
bigger test is next week against QPR

cc84cov

Mostly the same players too.

Which when you think , shows you how well they are coached

giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

Mostly the same players too.

Which when you think , shows you how well they are coached

A years experience in the championship for the younger players is priceless. Circa 500 extra caps in championship compared to last year.

They are all better/stronger/fitter.

Samo

Yes it does look good and the team look like they are full of belief and running.
We have battered the opposition in all 4 games for the most part.
Gyo looks a beast, Moore looks solid and even Allen is having a go.
We still have Bright to come, (if he ever gets there) and possibly more incoming.
And we are having a bit of luck, which I think we are due after all the late goals against last season.
It's a joy to watch this team play, and I hope everyone stays with these lads when the inevitable dip comes.
Happy days!

Happy_Martian

May be worth considering WHO we played in those first 12 games last season. Bristol City, Bournemouth, Brentford, Blackburn, Barnsley, Middlesboro and QPR among them. Tough opposition who were all in form at the time we turned up. Certainly above the quality of the teams we've just played.

So yes, we've had a great start to the season. But lets be reasonable and look again after the same 12 games. We lose the next 8 games and we'd again be on 9 points after 12 games**

** Shouldn't happen, probably won't happen but this is Coventry City FC we're talking about. Anything can happen in the next 90+ minutes :)

COV

May be worth considering WHO we played in those first 12 games last season. Bristol City, Bournemouth, Brentford, Blackburn, Barnsley, Middlesboro and QPR among them. Tough opposition who were all in form at the time we turned up. Certainly above the quality of the teams we've just played.

So yes, we've had a great start to the season. But lets be reasonable and look again after the same 12 games. We lose the next 8 games and we'd again be on 9 points after 12 games**

** Shouldn't happen, probably won't happen but this is Coventry City FC we're talking about. Anything can happen in the next 90+ minutes :)

This is very true. However the way we've dominated teams in consecutive matches- definite improvement. Need to score more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, but except for Fulham and WBA I don’t see us getting outclassed by sides in this league provided we’re on our game.

Users who are viewing this thread