Important Few Weeks Ahead (1 Viewer)

skybluesalex

Im a bit of an optimist I suppose...

These next few weeks WILL decide the fate of our season
Pull any sort of result out the bag against Swindon tomorrow we have set ourselves up nicely for two (dare I say it) winnable matches against Yeovil and Gillingham I would say at our best we could get 9 points from these games but with Swindon going the way they are I would take 7 points.
Say we get 7 points that will put us on 36 points which is how many Sheffield United and Bradford in 5th and 6th respectively.
That leaves us with a game against Rochdale at the RICOH who are also in with a shout of play-offs win that and it leaves us with 5 HUGE matches in Febuary where we play Preston and Sheffield United away and Scunthorpe, Bradford and MK Dons at home 4 of those teams in the top 6 currently - I would say we need to win at least 3 of them matches to still be in with a shout - If and a big If it is this all goes well it leaves us with a OK home straight as we have played everyone up there with the exception of Bristol City twice.
If this all goes to pot then simply put we are embroiled in a relegation battle !
This season is far from dead yet... Keep the faith ! Play Up Sky Blues

malkitccfc

Lose to Swindon and is it all over? Personally I can't see us getting near the play offs. Shame really because other than the top 4 this seasons league one has been terrible. Keeping Madine past Jan is massive imo and sorting out the keeper situation. I'd like Allsopp to stay. Top half for us i'd say is a good season

skybluesalex

Lose to Swindon and is it all over? Personally I can't see us getting near the play offs. Shame really because other than the top 4 this seasons league one has been terrible. Keeping Madine past Jan is massive imo and sorting out the keeper situation. I'd like Allsopp to stay. Top half for us i'd say is a good season

We have to keep Madine to stand a chance, Or we have to rely on Jackson to find form which is highly unlikely. If we keep Madine and Allsop (which may I say has really improved over the past few months) I don't see why we cant make the play offs

I honestly think we have one of the strongest squads in the league on paper

SonofErnie

Your optimism is admirable, however how many times in the last 40 years has a Coventry team performed above expectation? That's why most fans have lost belief and are waiting for a run of 15+ games with only 1 or 2 defeats before they return.

stupot07

Forget the points difference. We know that 6th place in the last 3-4!years has been 74 points. That is what we should be aiming for and not worrying about other teams.

We currently have 29 points from 24 games (1.2 points per game) and won just 1 games in our last 8 at the ricoh. Even our recent good form has only been 9 points from our last 6 (1.5 ppg)

Are we really good enough to go and get 44-45 points in our remaining 22 games (2+ PpG)? Personally I don't think we are anywhere near good enough, to go on that sustained run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Don't think we have any chance of getting near the playoffs. Knowing us we'll beat Swindon and then lose the next two.

covcity4life

we need a run at a time ccfc usyually slump, lets see if SP is changing the mentality of this club or not.

nouble/jackson/madine is a championship(albeit lower team) strikeforce and we need to start showing clubs we are promotion worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread