Imagine of Godden played more oftern (1 Viewer)

SAJ

Just looking at a few stats since Godden came to the club.
19/20 season scored 14 goals only played 56% of available minutes.
20/21 season scored 6 goals only played 35% of available minutes.
21/22 season assuming he doesn’t come back before Blackburn scored 10 goals played only 33% of available minutes.
Really shows how good a goal scorer he is for us. Certainly a 20 goal a season player.
Just need for him to start playing a higher percentage of minutes available and we’d by taking this league by storm.

Grendel

21/22 season assuming he doesn’t come back before Blackburn scored 10 goals played only 33% of available minutes.
Really shows how good a goal scorer he is for us. Certainly a 20 goal a season player.
Just need for him to start playing a higher percentage of minutes available and we’d by taking this league by storm.

If he had played early season Gyokeres wouldn’t

steve cooper

Need to caveat it a bit, how many of his goals have been penalties? you still have to score them but as they have an xG of 70%, a good penalty taker will score heavily over their career from penalties alone.
Also we created lots of good chances earlier in the season, and Gyo benefited from this as well.
I'm of the opinion that Godden is definitely worth persevering with despite his fitness record, a view not shared by everyone on here though.

Hertsccfc

But there's a Stoke player who has scored one goal in two appearances so must be better as his goalscoring rate is better.

Sick Boy

As he’s now considered to be one of the top Championship strikers, can we realistically expect to keep hold of him?

Ccfcisparks

We would no doubt be top of the table. He gets into every squad in the Championship according to the experts on here.

PVA

He’s only 30.

Yeah, and with a few injury troubles. Can't see anyone being willing to offer the fee and wages we'd need for an injury prone 30 year old with one good season in the Championship.

A few years younger and we'd have no chance but thankfully I think he's ours for as long as we want him

Grendel

He's a good striker , baffles me why people try and dismiss him .

Weird fans

No one dislikes him but I do not understand offering a contract. Even the Sisu employee PVA says he is worth nothing due to his age

Evo1883

No one dislikes him but I do not understand offering a contract. Even the Sisu employee PVA says he is worth nothing due to his age

Why not offer him a contract ? He's going to score goals and admits he's felt fitter than ever since his return .. can't help what's just happened to him can he

We to assume you wouldn't offer a contract to anybody that's had an injury ? That's not how football works

Andy Carroll is shite yet still gets gigs at 33

Evo1883

I don't think we'd do any better as we look a better side when he doesn't play (certainly are if playing 1 up top) not denying he's got an excellent strike rate but he's fairly one dimensional compared with be Vik.

Most strikers In this league are 1 dimensional compared to vik , who you'd argue is more a second striker as he's not an out and out goalscorer
Godden will always score you more goals

Don't agree we look better without him , not at all

Last edited:

slowpoke

Think he’s definitely been missed even that ridiculous 2 game ban for diving imo cost us points and just as he gets back & scoring he gets appendicitis not had the best of luck with him

PVA

That's not what I said at all. You are really dense sometimes.

And what the hell is this sisu employer shit all about? Is this going to be your new shtick?

Evo1883

Our record with godden in the team

Won 8
Drew 6
Lost 4

Without godden

Won 5
Drew 2
Lost 6

Are we really better without him , if we are it's not alot is it

Last edited:

Grendel

Why not offer him a contract ? He's going to score goals and admits he's felt fitter than ever since his return .. can't help what's just happened to him can he

We to assume you wouldn't offer a contract to anybody that's had an injury ? That's not how football works

Andy Carroll is shite yet still gets gigs at 33

he has a contract already so why extend when he’s already worth nothing

Grendel

Won 8
Drew 6
Lost 4

Without godden

Won 5
Drew 2
Lost 6

Our record one season with Callum Maycock in the team was 100% wins and thee was relegation season - R Charles cook conceded less goals per game at one point than Bill Glazier

stupot07

Won 8
Drew 6
Lost 4

Without godden

Won 5
Drew 2
Lost 6

In the league:

Godden in starting 11
Won 4
Drew 5
Lost 3
Win % 33%

Without godden
Won 9
Drew 4
Lost 6
Win % 47%

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

In the league:

Godden in starting 11
Won 4
Drew 5
Lost 3
Win % 33%

Without godden
Won 9
Drew 4
Lost 6
Win % 47%

Screenshot_20220220-144101_Chrome.jpg

That's what I went off , wins out by 1 didn't realise it was an fa cup game ... these are the games he's played

His scoring form is fantastic tbh

Also stu

A bit shit mate when he's come on and Won us the game against Reading at home as a sub to discredit stuff like that from your stats.. isn't it really

stupot07

View attachment 23875

That's what I went off , wins out by 1 didn't realise it was an fa cup game ... these are the games he's played

His scoring form is fantastic tbh
That includes his 5 sub appearances plus cup game.

Thats his starts. Then you remove the Northampton, Derby and Southampton cup games for league only

In the league:

Godden in starting 11
Won 4
Drew 5
Lost 3
Win % 33%

Without godden
Won 9
Drew 4
Lost 6
Win % 47%

stats.
7da99a9a047b961b440e3dfb75d1498e.jpg

Interestingly we have won 6 of 8 when Waghorn has started in the league up front with Gyokeres, and only 3 of 8 with Godden and Gyokeres starting together.

Evo1883

Our record one season with Callum Maycock in the team was 100% wins and thee was relegation season - R Charles cook conceded less goals per game at one point than Bill Glazier

I fail to see your point , godden Won us promotion basically from league 1 scoring in most our big games leading upto curtailment, he's scored 16 in 40 in the championship for us ..

The Comprison between godden and maycock is nonsense , and wouldnt be taken seriously by anybody with half a brain cell

Last edited:

Evo1883

That includes his 5 sub appearances plus cup game.

Thats his starts. Then you remove the Northampton, Derby and Southampton cup games for league only

In the league:

Godden in starting 11
Won 4
Drew 5
Lost 3
Win % 33%

Without godden
Won 9
Drew 4
Lost 6
Win % 47%

stats.
7da99a9a047b961b440e3dfb75d1498e.jpg

Fair enough but as pointed out , without him against Reading we don't win the game where he didn't start because he was a sub that won us the match late on

Hertsccfc

He’s a very intelligent player and decent finisher. A young striker should watch his movement, he’s spot on every time. Imagine if he had pace!
Very true this. These are not the sort of strengths that go so quickly with age, like pace and physical strength. Players like Lineker were finished once the pace went but not Sheringham.

Users who are viewing this thread