Imagine if we ended up in the Conference? (1 Viewer)

coundonskyblue

It would be brilliant going to games....ok there would be at best about 3k at home games, but at least they would all be 'proper fans'.

We would look back on those years 20k+ crowds and think, yes we've made it as a club and as a group of supporters. We have finally banished all those horrible plastics who used to create big pay days for the club, who used to sing the same old boring songs, who used to dare to go for a pint at half time, or leave a minute early whilst 4-0 down, or who dared to have an opinion different to the 'proper fan' group.

I can't wait, Coventry City in the non-league with just us proper fans would be brilliant!

D

Deleted member 2477

It would be brilliant going to games....ok there would be at best about 3k at home games, but at least they would all be 'proper fans'.

We would look back on those years 20k+ crowds and think, yes we've made it as a club and as a group of supporters. We have finally banished all those horrible plastics who used to create big pay days for the club, who used to sing the same old boring songs, who used to dare to go for a pint at half time, or leave a minute early whilst 4-0 down, or who dared to have an opinion different to the 'proper fan' group.

I can't wait, Coventry City in the non-league would be brilliant!

Are you for fcn real !!!

It really is ridiculous isn't it! What i don't get is the blame the "plastic fans" get because the songs aren't loud etc! All of the normal fans are there, are the "plastics" stopping them singing too now?!

I am a season ticket holder along with a few mates - we actually prefer not having the choice of the 30 seats infront of us!

stupot07

It would be great, we could get all the proper non league chants out.

"Your going home in a f@&?ing ambulance"

"Get in to them, f@&£ them up!"

Covstu

About as stupid and pointless as our own so called fans for turning on people for daring to go to a game. We should be welcoming them.

totally agree bud but lets leave it at that.... problem is there will only be about 10-11k there at the next home game.

Grendel

It's good to welcome new fans but some of the ones round me were looking to pick up on any negative issue -- booing and jeering players -- almost willing failure so they could go back home and say "yeah they are still crap".

One guy next to me kept asking me who the players were -- whose number 12 mate? Number 39 is crap -- whose he? Whose number 8?

I thought I'd walked into an episode of The Prisoner.

WillieStanley

I admit it was quite annoying the amount of ignorance around the place. It was full but there was so much apathy it was unreal!

I'm all for welcoming new fans but new fans need to actually support the team, forget the past and try to enjoy the present.

covcity4life

its actually a pretty good thread highlighting recent stupidity on SBT

p.s i blame plastics for war and famine

Diehard Si

Take the rough with the smooth.

You want a full stadium, you have to expect ignorance. You have to expect missing the first 5 mins as you can't see past the idiots who got the wrong seats and are arguing regardless.

And with regards booing and negativity I seem to recall all areas of the ground booing during the Shaw era. I disagree with this at all times, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Yes it's annoying, but deal with it.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Take the rough with the smooth. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You want a full stadium, you have to expect ignorance. You have to expect missing the first 5 mins as you can't see past the idiots who got the wrong seats and are arguing regardless. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>And with regards booing and negativity I seem to recall all areas of the ground booing during the Shaw era. I disagree with this at all times, just pointing out the hypocrisy. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Yes it's annoying, but deal with it.

My feelings exactly. At these games there might well be people there that annoy me, but their still ccfc fans who have as much right to be there as any of us.

Users who are viewing this thread