Im starting to change my mind (1 Viewer)

Maupet

I have always been anti sisu, but i am now thinking that the council are the biggest obstacle. What sisu say has to happen,ie we must own our own stadium and all that goes with it. But i still think its a mistake to go out of cov to play home games and i will never go to northampton. If no sign of coming home by christmas i am going to go and watch nuneaton town. I am missing my football

W

westcountry_skyblue

Must be a wind up with a username like that surely???

tuousis

I have always been anti sisu, but i am now thinking that the council are the biggest obstacle. What sisu say has to happen,ie we must own our own stadium and all that goes with it. But i still think its a mistake to go out of cov to play home games and i will never go to northampton. If no sign of coming home by christmas i am going to go and watch nuneaton town. I am missing my football
Dont you give in easy,Auntie SISU

Flying Fokker

Sisu took us out of Coventry. They didnt try hard enough to keep us here. They have been planning to take us out for at least 2 yrs.

andyboy81

Sisu took us out of Coventry. They didnt try hard enough to keep us here. They have been planning to take us out for at least 2 yrs.

Yes because it makes perfect sense to permanently move a club from a town with a population of 320,000 and only one club and relocate to a town with a population of 212,500 who already have a team struggling to make the books balance.... THE ARE COMING BACK!!!!

covcity4life

take sisu name out and its a company doing all the things required to sort ccfc out, we have been fans for years, we know why we struggle financially, these steps are required

either giv eus ricoh or fuck off and stay out of our business

bout time people woke up to councils failings.

hill83

take sisu name out and its a company doing all the things required to sort ccfc out, we have been fans for years, we know why we struggle financially, these steps are required

Yeah but we hate Sisu eng-ger-lund boooo *throws pint*

Nick

Administrator

I think you are right, but it is recognising all failings in the past whether it is the council, sisu's and past owners and working to fix them.

covcity4life

I think you are right, but it is recognising all failings in the past whether it is the council, sisu's and past owners and working to fix them.

no doubt,but like i have said before since relegation i think sisu have actively tried to improve themselves

council dont care bout the fans, they just want income back, they are playing hardball and it might cost them a club. the fact they are happy to take that risk rather than strike a deal that makes the people of cov happier says it all.

im not pro sisu, i am anti anyone who holds cov back, that used to be sisu and still is to some extent but if i have to back one party out of the 2 it will be sisu who are at least looking to resolve problems that have plagued ccfc for years.

Hobo

When you watch football if the team doesn't score do you blame the strikers? If they let in goals is it the defenders fault?

Or do you really understand the tactics?

Don't changed your mind on one preplanned interview, a bit of rhetoric and a few bullish statements.

olderskyblue

How do you know they have been planning it for so long?

She said the club was at a “new beginning”, and added: “If anyone doubts a stadium will be built, they haven’t had engagements with me over the course of the last two years.

One way of looking at this is that she has been planning to move to a new stadium for 2 years. I appreciate there are other ways of reading into this, but maybe it's why FF said it?

mrbluesky87

She said the club was at a “new beginning”, and added: “If anyone doubts a stadium will be built, they haven’t had engagements with me over the course of the last two years.

This would also imply that she is someone who throws her dummy out if she does not get her own way and will stop at nothing to get it. Reckless and callous spring to mind. I can imagine the conversation once upon a time "and we will move the club out of Coventry regardless of fans feelings, who gives a shit about history, I will do what I want"

skybluepete1987

Why don't you go and watch Nuneaton now? Giving a non-league club your support doesn't mean you're selling out if Coventry do ever return. I've been to watch Leamington four times now, but clearly I'm still interested in what happens with Coventry, if and when they do return I'll have to make a decision as to what I do week to week.

bigfatronssba

Would you care to explain why the club needs to own the freehold of a stadium?

Covstu

One way of looking at this is that she has been planning to move to a new stadium for 2 years. I appreciate there are other ways of reading into this, but maybe it's why FF said it?

I think the new stadium has been on the table for a long time too however i think this has been simply due to the lack of discussions or outcomes between ACL and SISU. They have probably had no other option but to look at this as an alternative.

Snozz_is_god

Exactly what she wants you to think, it's all spin.
I wouldn't trust a word she says & as for Les Ried, he's the devil's messenger .

torchomatic

FFS...really?

I wouldn't trust a word she says & as for Les Ried, he's the devil's messenger .

dongonzalos

qereqame.jpg

davebart

no doubt,but like i have said before since relegation i think sisu have actively tried to improve themselves

Of course they have tried to improve themselves - they have a duty to do so - it is their club. No one else is responsible for improving the club.

skybluetony176

i'm not sure about the time scale of the planning but they definately put more effort into taking us out of coventry then they did into keeping us in coventry.

James Smith

He's a journalist they write things down and publish them, you might not agree with them but then you stop buying the paper they write for if you really don't like them.

davebart

i'm not sure about the time scale of the planning but they definately...

For those that do not know and I presume it is a lot of people - given how often this occurs - it is definitely. shows how old I am not relying on predictive text.

cue people scanning my posts for spelling mistakes.

mark82

Let's be honest, they could never do any right with most people here. If they moved back to the Ricoh and gave everyone free tickets most on here would think there was some ulterior motive. They are Sisu and must only be capable of pure evil.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Let's be honest, they could never do any right with most people here. If they moved back to the Ricoh and gave everyone free tickets most on here would think there was some ulterior motive. They are Sisu and must only be capable of pure evil.

And is that because people instinctively dislike a name that alternates consonants and vowels, or do you think there might be some other reason?

Like perhaps their actions?

Loughborough Sky Blue

For those that do not know and I presume it is a lot of people - given how often this occurs - it is definitely. shows how old I am not relying on predictive text.

cue people scanning my posts for spelling mistakes.

I'd give up on trying to correct spelling mistakes on the internet if I were you, You'll be here forever!

Loughborough Sky Blue

I always wondered why everyone hated me.

Now I know.

Yours,

Lola.

Are you a showgirl by any chance?

Just wondering, as I used to know a girl, and....

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star
Tony always tended bar
Across the crowded floor, they worked from 8 til 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

skybluebal

council dont care bout the fans, they just want income back, they are playing hardball and it might cost them a club. the fact they are happy to take that risk rather than strike a deal that makes the people of cov happier says it all.

im not pro sisu, i am anti anyone who holds cov back, that used to be sisu and still is to some extent but if i have to back one party out of the 2 it will be sisu who are at least looking to resolve problems that have plagued ccfc for years.

So SISU moving the club to Northampton is improving things?

Didn't the Council "cave-in" and offer a lower rent than SISU will pay in Northampton and lower still if the club was relegated to Div 4, only increasing the rent if they were promoted to the Championship. What did SISU do to help resolve their threat of moving the club?

So who is playing hardball?

skybluebal

I'd be happy with that - don't see the business sense but what's new.

Users who are viewing this thread