I'm Ready To Take Charge - Thorn (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Would have been embarassing if there had been any posts from myself, Kduffy, or Sickboy supporting the appointment.

Phew!!

Sutty

When did Thorn ever have us playing successfully?

I think you can either have fancy football (Thorn) or football that wins games (AB).

A lot of teams play fancy football that also wins games. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

We'd been found out under AB, just as happened to him at Colchester before us. I wouldn't have either back in a hurry.

lordsummerisle

You'd never support any appointment - because then you couldn't slate the Manager and be all doom and gloom!

No, liked Dowie, and Adams, both quite badly treated I thought.

No time for Coleman at all, ambivalent on Boothroyd, though his style of football and the Marlon King thing very black marks, and Thorn just not a manager.

Blindly supporting people without any supporting evidence(or despite evidence to the contrary), whether it be managers, Sisu, Hoffman, Elliott, Ranson etc, I'll leave to you.

Diehard Si

When did Thorn ever have us playing successfully?

I think you can either have fancy football (Thorn) or football that wins games (AB).

When he first took over and that brief spell late last season before the collapse.

We were spiralling under AB, terrible football and losing. The club was in a state of apathy.

Otis

Remember when everyone was excited about Thorn signing as manager?

I really think the club should appoint the right guy this time and not bow to fan pressure.

Everyone?

I wasn't. Was happy for him to be given a go, but as soon as I saw what he had to work with the following season I was calling for a more experienced head at the helm.

Either that or an experienced man to be brought in to help Thorn out.

I am always wary of honeymoon periods to be honest. Quite often it's never a true picture.

Users who are viewing this thread