im not one to start rumours but here goes.............. (1 Viewer)

classicfooty

i have literally just got home from having a conversation with a guy who believes a takeover at the city is immenent. I can hear the yea bullshit calls from here and maybe that is the case but i have no reason to not believe this guy. So here goes..... the man i was talking to is a retired ex-mayor of a place i will keep to myself (i know i know) he is in fact a WBA fan (again i know), anyway he tells me he has been speaking this morning to a scout of sunderland who he did name but the name escapes me just now who told him that Coventry's take over will happen within a couple of weeks. Now i know its Sunderland again and i also thought what does a scout know? (he also named the takeover people but sworn my contact to secrecy so i dont know) but could this maybe explain the reason the embargo is taking so long to be lifted and why we are missing out to Doncaster for players???? im not by ant means saying this is gonna happen , but my god i hope he is right

kg82

Yeah, you'll get a lot of shit but don't listen, you're just sharing something you heard on a public football forum. People can choose to read it or not, believe it or not.

classicfooty

Yeah, you'll get a lot of shit but don't listen, you're just sharing something you heard on a public football forum. People can choose to read it or not, believe it or not.

yea thanks mate it is something iv just heard and whether or not its total horse shit i thought id share it

dongonzalos

Ha ha ha

It is the best starting of a rumour I have seen, with so many gaps. A bloke who knows a bloke who spoke to a bloke who used to have an important job and is a fan of another team. He spoke to a bloke who does a job for another team. However his job, is not that important that he would be in the know. Between them they know the takeover is happening. You just need to add the reason it was a Sunderland scout, is because he has heard Westwood is returning!

The way in which you say it though, I believe this is what you have heard. Just wish it was true

Was the bloke the ex mayor of Beijing? Then I would feel confident :)

Funny post though made me smile

dongonzalos

Ha ha ha

It is the best starting of a rumour I have seen, with so many gaps. A bloke who knows a bloke who spoke to a bloke who used to have an important job and is a fan of another team. He spoke to a bloke who does a job for another team. However his job, is not that important that he would be in the know. Between them they know the takeover is happening. You just need to add the reason it was a Sunderland scout, is because he has heard Westwood is returning!

The way in which you say it though, I believe this is what you have heard. Just wish it was true

Was the bloke the ex mayor of Beijing? Then I would feel confident :)

Funny post though made me smile

By the way I am not having a pop

smileycov

Facebook User
You say the buy out is happening, you say within a couple of weeks, you say it came from a sunderland scout!! Yet Hughescov just wants to know why you aint at work!! Brilliant................:claping hands::claping hands:

dick turpin

Ahhhh, Thats why so many helicopters have flown that way in the last month.
before anyone asks its not the Police in helicopter!!

Lets hope your correct on this :claping hands:
just a passing comment

ps

the last one was about an hour ago!!

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

I've decided to believe every rumour going, its the only way i can feel better about the skyblues. This never ending doom and gloom is getting to me so if anything ,however outlandish,makes me feel better i'm going to believe its true, and it's going to happen first thing tomorrow.

The Rev

cloughie

Is it a takeover of the Higgs trust shares by sisu or a takeover of CCFC removing sisu ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think OP can appreciate his rumour doesn't sound too credible, a guy who knows a guy who knows a Sunderland scout, I fail to understand why a Sunderland scout would have inside info on a Coventry City takeover.

Personally I don't believe it but I hope it is.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I will create an excel file where everyone can leave their work times just so we know.

I go fishin' off my local pier most days coz I've now retired. Do I still have to submit my times? :thinking about:

Blueandwhites

That's in my top 5 rumours I've read on here, not because of what your saying but how your saying it. I like the way you caveat everything with a cynical: 'I know' or 'yeah'. It's what it says on the tin - a rumour...You're not trying to be all 'Mr enigmatic' who knows what's really happening.

If anyone needs any help drafting any rumours they wish to post on here, they should contact you first for advice - thanks classicfooty!

1nilandwe...

I love posts like this. With all the doom and gloom it's nice to escape for a bit and have some hope. And it's far nicer than reading rumours about liquidation and administration. If I had to live in a fantasy world I'd choose The Magic Roundabout over Eastenders every day of the week.

kepit 2 yusen

Funny but I heard a rumour today also. It was a detailed text from someone I'm told is reliable. Mentioned names, buyers and said an announcement due on the 25th June.
Only saying what I heard, prob no truth in it but demonstrates these things do get put about with ease.

wingy

Lets see if we can flesh or flush it out ,done my bit Stan Ternant or Pop Robson,now its up to the OP to give us the town of the ex Mayor.

kepit 2 yusen

Lets see if we can flesh or flush it out ,done my bit Stan Ternant or Pop Robson,now its up to the OP to give us the town of the ex Mayor.
<br />
<br />

Well I can contribute Indian backers, names I haven't heard of associated (sounded non Indian), can't recall the names. Sorry nothing more to offer than that.

The Reverend Skyblue

<br />
<br />

Well I can contribute Indian backers, names I haven't heard of associated (sounded non Indian), can't recall the names. Sorry nothing more to offer than that.

please don't say it sounded like Venkys, if its them i'm running for the hills and i'll never ever come back.

It will be just our luck, we finally get a takeover ,after going through all the shite we have, for it only to be the one company in the whole wide world as clueless at running a football club as SISU

The Rev

skybluejelly

well my wife came home from work today and told me theres a rumor going round that i have a 12" dick........i told her i know... i started it.....(copyright roy chubby brown)

kepit 2 yusen

I don't recall that name mentioned Rev but I intend to check on Monday as I was in a rush today and couldn't pay much attention at the time. The reason I came on here tonight was to check if anybody else was discussing it but seems like lots of rumours today of the same type.

Sub

Funny but I heard a rumour today also. It was a detailed text from someone I'm told is reliable. Mentioned names, buyers and said an announcement due on the 25th June.
Only saying what I heard, prob no truth in it but demonstrates these things do get put about with ease.

is the 25th of june a thursday ??? if it is, its true !!!!!!!!:eek::):):)

classicfooty

You say the buy out is happening, you say within a couple of weeks, you say it came from a sunderland scout!! Yet Hughescov just wants to know why you aint at work!! Brilliant................:claping hands::claping hands:

i never said the buy out is happening...............................fucksake all im doing is passing on information iv heard from people outside coventry ........can u read ? i tried to tell you guys what i heard in the most sincere and non bullshitting way i could ..........it wasnt meant as this is whats happening its just what iv heard

classicfooty

That's in my top 5 rumours I've read on here, not because of what your saying but how your saying it. I like the way you caveat everything with a cynical: 'I know' or 'yeah'. It's what it says on the tin - a rumour...You're not trying to be all 'Mr enigmatic' who knows what's really happening.

If anyone needs any help drafting any rumours they wish to post on here, they should contact you first for advice - thanks classicfooty!

i dont know what caveat means for a start but all iv done is pass on information????????????????? have i done something wrong????????? i never even said i believe it but at the time i was a little excited.................sorry people

Users who are viewing this thread