I'm at a loss (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I have been going to watch the Sky Blues since 1968. I will always be a fan but I don't like going up anymore. My boys ages 9 & 7 come with me to the Ricoh just to please their Dad. I just hoped that one day when they were grown up they would take their old man to the games.
They are asking for Arsenal gear because there is fuck all in the shop and always leave the Ricoh disappointed when they are walking back to the car with me.

i must admit, I am not enjoying my Saturdays anymore, it's heartbreaking. Now please I don't want to hear that this is developing my boys inner strength etc but do you guys think it's important to keep the faith, keep going, keep insisting my boys keep going, or just walk away for a while?

CCFC are like a habit, but is it time to kick the habit?

the rumpo kid

I have been going to watch the Sky Blues since 1968. I will always be a fan but I don't like going up anymore. My boys ages 9 & 7 come with me to the Ricoh just to please their Dad. I just hoped that one day when they were grown up they would take their old man to the games.
They are asking for Arsenal gear because there is fuck all in the shop and always leave the Ricoh disappointed when they are walking back to the car with me.

i must admit, I am not enjoying my Saturdays anymore, it's heartbreaking. Now please I don't want to hear that this is developing my boys inner strength etc but do you guys think it's important to keep the faith, keep going, keep insisting my boys keep going, or just walk away for a while?

I read somewhere that supporting city is like being married to an abusive spouse, there's the odd good time, but its mainly abuse your frightend to leave, because where would you go, and they will change, they will change I know it, they will. unfortuneatly they never do.

Mr T - Sukka!

Totally understand, the negativity coming from the owners, management and players is alarming. Its filtering down to the fans.

Its the responability of CCFC to put a product on the pitch the fans can get behind and be proud of.

At the minute they are serving garbage and people have had enough!

Its all well and good when people say stick together and support the team. Why? If the owners, management cannot be arsed why should the fans?

percy

i feel for young coventry city fans. what have they had to cheer about in the last ten years?? i was talking about this to a friend the other day when we were reminiscing about the keane, hadji, quinn, huckerby, dublin, ndlovu, and speedie times. we didnt win anything but these players made you feel proud to be a cov fan and those times and memories have been grained in us. its been a long time of suffering

SkyblueBazza

There aren't really any young Coventry fans now...yes I know there are a few that go with their parent (s) who are diehards. When they get to choose whether to go or not I reckon 3/4 of them would prefer to support Chelsea or whoever at arms length than the trauma of CCFC every week.

PUSB

SkyBlueSid

I read somewhere that supporting city is like being married to an abusive spouse, there's the odd good time, but its mainly abuse your frightend to leave, because where would you go, and they will change, they will change I know it, they will. unfortuneatly they never do.

Indeed. My decree absolute will be happening about 5pm on 25th April.

moleyskyblue

Totally understand where your coming from, don't get me wrong i love this club to bits and its been in my childhood and now being in my forties where ever i have lived and have always been proud to support them but i have a season ticket and thinking about next sat against mk feels me of dread and don't particularly wont to go, but i know when Saturday comes i will be there, why! because its like an addiction you know in your mind that when you start walking back from the ricoh there's a chance its going to be a downer but you cling on to that hope that its a result that's going to give you a bit of hope and keep you buzzing for the rest of the day. And the other thing is that when one-day when when all the shits finished and where getting somewhere i can say to myself i did stick with them through the bad times. keep the faith.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Sometimes it's a bit like an addict. Tough love, cut it free and it may realise just what it's missing. My 13 and 11 year old don't want to go next year my father has been attending over 50 and I started in 72 but enough is enough. NOPM is the only message we can send to the owners as that's all they understand. Before the support the team brigade start shouting, I do, but to get our team back for future generations a stand needs to be made now.

rob9872

Basically we're shite. We've always been shite. We'll always be shite. If you want to go then go, if you don't, don't. Are you really asking the forum to decide or just attention seeker number 8943 who wants to tell us how much they love the city but not going any more?

The CableGuy

Me and my Dad were season ticket holders years ago. We won't be going back until the product on the pitch is fit for purpose.

I don't even listen to the games on the radio any more, I've decided I have better ways to use my time. The BBC Sports App is good enough to alert me when we've fucked up when 2-0 up against 10 men.

Sky Blue Harry H

Basically we're shite. We've always been shite. We'll always be shite. If you want to go then go, if you don't, don't. Are you really asking the forum to decide or just attention seeker number 8943 who wants to tell us how much they love the city but not going any more?

We haven't always been shite - just have been on a downward curve for far too long , and fans have suffered disproportionately compared to nearly all other clubs, who have had the occasional day in the sun. At the moment, though, I'll give you that we're currently shite ;)

J

Jack Griffin

There aren't really any young Coventry fans now...yes I know there are a few that go with their parent (s) who are diehards. When they get to choose whether to go or not I reckon 3/4 of them would prefer to support Chelsea or whoever at arms length than the trauma of CCFC every week.

PUSB

Rather different to the crowd that watched Jimmy Hill's Sky Blues get promoted to the First Division.
highfi10.jpg

Bill Glazier

It's NOPM for me, for now, after 50 years is support. It's not the first time I've stopped going - I became disgusted with the hooliganism for a while in the 80s and I was living away at the time. As others have said, we might have had been crap and our owners a bit dodgy, but at least you felt they cared about the club unlike this bunch of sociopaths. Sisu out.

Malaka

No not really, just sharing how I feel with people who can relate to how I'm feeling and maybe someone can write something that strikes a chord and perk me up a bit and give me back my mojo.
Thanks for taking the time to comment

ccfcway

Are you really asking the forum to decide or just attention seeker number 8943 who wants to tell us how much they love the city but not going any more?

for every "attention seeker" as you are calling it, there are many who simply arent going up any more.

For someone who has be paying to watch CCFC for 47 years to say he has had enough, we (and the club) should be listening to why that is.

It may well be "city till it dies"

oscillatewildly

Poor, Rob. Very poor.

Gazolba

Forcing children to do something they don't enjoy is very bad parenting and will lead to problems later. Listen to your kids. How about asking them what they would like to do instead?

ccfcway

Forcing children to do something they don't enjoy is very bad parenting and will lead to problems later. Listen to your kids. How about asking them what they would like to do instead?

yer, mine want to go and watch Wasps.

Not happening !

letsallsingtogether

Mine kids and thier freinds have stopped going, Sixfields saw to that.
It will take them along time to get them back don't think they will be taking their old man any time soon:(

Users who are viewing this thread