ill get shot for this but.... (1 Viewer)

Sba180

Everyone knows city, or any other club, have to own their own stadium. So, why are we so reluctant to give the Ricoh up, or build our own stadium, creating our own revenue under SISU? Yet if PH4 bought us and the Ricoh it'd be fine.
Im not a SISU fan, i want them out yesterday. Im just asking....

ConnorDevine

I think if it was anyone other than SISU we'd welcome the idea, but if you can't pay £1.2m a year then the £50m cost to build a stadium and it's transport links is unreal and will just add to the issue

Especially since we already have £70m debt, to have £120m+ debt would just be catastrophic and the payback time on our stadium would just not be reasonable

dongonzalos

Everyone knows city, or any other club, have to own their own stadium. So, why are we so reluctant to give the Ricoh up, or build our own stadium, creating our own revenue under SISU? Yet if PH4 bought us and the Ricoh it'd be fine.

It about the fact they are not really planning to do it

WFC

I suspect a lot of people don't believe you will end up any better off with SISU. Just with them owning a new stadium and the club paying rent to them instead of ACL, only that will go straight into their profits instead of at least going into a company owned by the council and a charity and therefore coming back into the community and providing a multi-purpose community asset.

Some people seem to just asume because a new stadium would be built that the club would own it and would therefore pay no rent and have the benefit of revenue streams. I suspect that would not be the case and these revenue streams that SISU say are so important for the club would efectively only be paying a part of their rent, assuming the club got the benefit of them of course and not SISU as the landlord.

skybluericoh

For me it's trust. They way SISU have gone about running this club (into the ground some would say) I would rather have a complete unknown with the Ricoh. I'm all for bartering and knocking the price down if you can, but what they have been doing leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, I wouldn't trust them with the car parks around the arena, never mind the whole lot.

Delboycov

You deserve to get shot! If you think playing away for 5 years before building Arena Tinpot outside Coventry and possibly never laying a single brick and staying away permanently will bring in the revenue then you're completely deluded.

*Just joking about the getting shot bit btw!* We live in very 'big brother' times...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4232

For me it's trust. They way SISU have gone about running this club (into the ground some would say) I would rather have a complete unknown with the Ricoh. I'm all for bartering and knocking the price down if you can, but what they have been doing leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, I wouldn't trust them with the car parks around the arena, never mind the whole lot.

This.

Sba180

You deserve to get shot! If you think playing away for 5 years before building Arena Tinpot outside Coventry and possibly never laying a single brick and staying away permanently will bring in the revenue then you're completely deluded.
I don't believe i said that

cloughie

have you been living in a cave or just not noticed they have no interest in CCFC, football or the fans ?

All about sisu getting the Ricoh on the cheap, yes sisu getting the Ricoh not CCFC

Last edited:

skybluericoh

The other point about them building their own ground. What revenue streams would they be unlocking, Car parking, F&B. Can't see much else . Unless you are building something as good or better than the Ricoh, you won't take any business away. So the Ricoh around £118,000,000 add that to the debt? It won't happen, therefore they build a small ground maybe something like Liberty way. The extra revenue from that will have all the other clubs quaking in the boots. With Laughter though not fear! Mind you we will be none league by then anyway.

Delboycov

Erm, i never said that playing away for 5 years while never laying a brick was the right thing.

Erm.....You said about building a new stadium so what do you think will happen if these clowns intend to do that? How long do you think it will be before they get planning permission to build a ground outside Coventry?

Sutty

It's an interesting point. At what stage do we start to believe that SISU are actually serious about building a new ground? When they buy land? When they release plans? Or will the ground have to be standing there ready to go before we buy into the plans?

In principle, a new ground in or just outside Coventry, free from the shackles of the Ricoh deal, is an ideal situation for the club. The issue is of course one of trust. People don't trust SISU to stick to a plan of building a ground near Coventry, or indeed to give the club a beneficial deal when we move in.

Another thing to think about, if we end up with a nice ground in 3 or 4 years time, owned entirely by the club, would it be a case of 'thank you SISU, all is forgiven'?

Another thing to think about, if we end up with a nice ground in 3 or 4 years time, owned entirely by the club, would it be a case of 'thank you SISU, all is forgiven'?

Erm ................................... no!

Delboycov

It's an interesting point. At what stage do we start to believe that SISU are actually serious about building a new ground? When they buy land? When they release plans? Or will the ground have to be standing there ready to go before we buy into the plans?

In principle, a new ground in or just outside Coventry, free from the shackles of the Ricoh deal, is an ideal situation for the club. The issue is of course one of trust. People don't trust SISU to stick to a plan of building a ground near Coventry, or indeed to give the club a beneficial deal when we move in.

Arena Tinpot will not be IN Coventry...when are people going to get their heads round the fact they would never get planning permission? Why persist in this "in or around Coventry" charade? I think I'd believe they were actually building a new ground when pigs start to fly. For me it isn't the ideal scenario at all...I think that would be the case for the majority of fans. The ideal scenario would be for the club to be playing at a 32500 Olympic stadium in Coventry, having bought into the stadium and benefiting from additional revenues with new owners with the vultures that are SISU having long since departed and having nothing to do with our club or the arena.

Wm65

In this day and age a football club ideally should own their stadium or at the very least have 100 % access to revenue from parking, food etc - acl should sell.

Spionkop

Wm65, sell? To Sisu? What ridiculously low price would they offer. They want it for nothing. Did you not read the reports of the recent Sepalla conversation?
Sisu have lost all trust.
Come on man, get real.

CCFC PimpRail

Does anyone really think any clubs who own their own stadium will be rent free...? There's maintenance, overheads, and depreciation, and you'll find the ownership and managment will be in a separate company to evade tax and minimise liabilities.

covcity4life

some fans are so angry with sisu that they cant look at things long term, they are naive.

Users who are viewing this thread