iFollow (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

They've defiantly blocked mirroring from Apple devices to a TV. Watch on Mac Mini or MacBook fine. Connect Mac Mini to TV via HDMI get black window instead of video, still have rest of the page and audio just no picture. Mirror Mac Mini or MacBook to Apple TV exactly the same.

Use MacBook display port then a display port to HDMI converter and it all works. Have to do the same thing at my Mum and Dads when I want to watch something on Sky Sports or BT Sport but they both acknowledge its deliberate to stop subscription sharing.

Randeep94

Does it usually take a while for them to process my subscription to my account, I have paid but I cant access the stream. Used a VPN to sign up, and done everything correctly.

chiefdave

Should be instant, does it show as a purchase on your account?

Try logging out and back in to refresh it.

PVA

Why do these cameramen zoom in so much? It's the same every week. They zoom in on wherever the ball is rather than keeping a wide shot, and then have to move the camera quickly when the ball is kicked. It's almost unwatchable.

robbiekeane

Does it usually take a while for them to process my subscription to my account, I have paid but I cant access the stream. Used a VPN to sign up, and done everything correctly.
Log out, close your browser, start it again, make sure your VPN is on and then log in.

robbiekeane

Is the crowd news about 15 secs out of sync with the picture for anyone else?
I mute video sound and have the radio commentary on in another tab, which surprisingly is far behind the video picture. So I just pause the video a few seconds at a time until it's caught up. Pretty good set up.

singers_pore

They've defiantly blocked mirroring from Apple devices to a TV. Watch on Mac Mini or MacBook fine. Connect Mac Mini to TV via HDMI get black window instead of video, still have rest of the page and audio just no picture. Mirror Mac Mini or MacBook to Apple TV exactly the same.

Use MacBook display port then a display port to HDMI converter and it all works. Have to do the same thing at my Mum and Dads when I want to watch something on Sky Sports or BT Sport but they both acknowledge its deliberate to stop subscription sharing.

Can you mirror any stuff unrelated to iFollow? Seems strange.

Nick

Administrator
Why do these cameramen zoom in so much? It's the same every week. They zoom in on wherever the ball is rather than keeping a wide shot, and then have to move the camera quickly when the ball is kicked. It's almost unwatchable.
They love a random zoom in on things.

LilleSkyBlue

the repeated glitching and buffering in the second half made me think I might be about to miss something... but every time Michael Doyle had just stabbed another angled high ball towards Ian Evatt

robbiekeane

I don't think it's likely that they've done this deliberately mate, I doubt they've even done anything at all this sophisticated.

Think there is something else to it

chiefdave

I don't think it's likely that they've done this deliberately mate, I doubt they've even done anything at all this sophisticated.
I don't think its deliberate, they aren't that on the ball and it would make no sense to sell you a service to watch the game and then block you from using it. Just something they've messed up that they'll probably never bother to fix.

robbiekeane

I don't think its deliberate, they aren't that on the ball and it would make no sense to sell you a service to watch the game and then block you from using it. Just something they've messed up that they'll probably never bother to fix.
Hi mate. Been having a little look and seems a few other people have had issues airplaying video on Apple TV:
Airplay black screen
This guy in the link above recommends playing with the resolution.

Mac AirPlay-Audio, but no video | Official Apple Support Communities
Someone here says they switched to the 2.4ghz bandwidth instead of the 5ghz. Seems odd though that this would.be the fix if you got the same problem at your parents.

Hope you find a fix...a couple of forums suggest playing with the apple tv resolution

Jcap

I'm getting sea sick watching today's game. Zooms in so much the balls gone out of shot half the game. Who do we report it to?

fernandopartridge

Thought it was awful coverage. I've got super fast broadband and it was glitchy and terrible definition

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

singers_pore

Mine was very good. Very clear picture. However, there were very occasional slips in feed which speeded up the footage for a split second.

Nick

Administrator
Thought it was awful coverage. I've got super fast broadband and it was glitchy and terrible definition

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You usually have to manually change to hd. It could have been your vpn slowing it down too.

I can manage full HD and is fine

singers_pore

Not sure why they don't upload the entire game right after it finishes. That would allow a lot of overseas fans to stay in bed a bit longer instead of having to get up at the crack of dawn.

Marty

Anyone else having problems tonight? They seem to think I'm using a VPN.

Marty

Just spent the past 20 mins arguing with the geezer on the chat. They just keep kicking me off the chat but they have turned the stream back on. Going to message them after and see if I can get a refund. Missed 20 mins of the first half.

Marty

Maybe as I've assessed games from 4 different locations within a month they think I'm using a vpn

Marty

what was the message? did they send you an email?

The stream stopped working saying was a playback issue, then I relaunched the app and came up with content not available from your destination. So then proceeded to argue with the guy on chat who flat out called me a liar and told me to stop using a VPN, so I've emailed his boss with a transcript of the conversation, and stated I wanted a full refund, waiting to hear back now.

I'm 100% in the right here, so fuck knows what those clowns are going on about.

torchomatic

I've cancelled my sub. Since it became iFollow, I've lost count of the times I've had the "you need to upgrade your subscription" when trying to stream a live away game or view highlights. Rubbish.

covcity4life

The stream stopped working saying was a playback issue, then I relaunched the app and came up with content not available from your destination. So then proceeded to argue with the guy on chat who flat out called me a liar and told me to stop using a VPN, so I've emailed his boss with a transcript of the conversation, and stated I wanted a full refund, waiting to hear back now.

I'm 100% in the right here, so fuck knows what those clowns are going on about.

damn didnt know they were gonna crackdown on vpns( i know you not using it!)

where is your CC registered that you used for ifollow?

Marty

damn didnt know they were gonna crackdown on vpns( i know you not using it!)

where is your CC registered that you used for ifollow?

UK card. You may be alright using a VPN if you keep it on the same location. It may have flagged up on my account as I've accessed games from so many different countries.

Users who are viewing this thread