ifollow season pass (2 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

WELL i HAD THE REPLY FROM efl WITH REGHARDS TO A DISABLED PASS BUT MUCH AS EXPECTED BUT AT LEAST A REPLY
Hello,

Thank you for your email, we note your position and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the iFollow service last season.

Ordinarily, under normal circumstances (pre-COVID) when stadiums are full, all matches at 3pm on a Saturday are subject to UEFA blackout rules meaning they cannot be shown live in the UK, however due to Covid-19 and stadiums being closed or operating a reduced capacity, these games were made available last season, via iFollow.

However, discussions remain ongoing as to the availability of iFollow next season and availability will depend on stadium capacity and broadcasting terms with our contracted partners, Sky Sports.

However, should you have any concerns or queries around visiting stadiums as a disabled supporter, we would recommend you contact the home clubs for additional advice and guidance.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Get yourself sorted with a VPN and get an overseas i follow season ticket. That way if you are not able to get to games you are still contributing to the club coffers, and get to see the games.

kg82

Mine was meant to automatically renew, but I’ve just checked, and next to my subscription it says “activated”, but no money has come out yet. Anybody else in that position?

Sick Boy

Mine was meant to automatically renew, but I’ve just checked, and next to my subscription it says “activated”, but no money has come out yet. Anybody else in that position?
Nah mine got taken out on the day it was due.

robbiekeane

My bank is conversion fee fre
That’s clever wording banks use and then fuck you on the exchange rate. My HSBC global account has no fees for exchanges but they literally lop 5% off the rate. That would not explain your whole difference though.

kg82

Which email does it come from? I am not sure I have had anything :(
This was the thing, I was just searching for “ifollow”, “EFL” etc, couldn’t think of anything else! Couldn’t find it, but I definitely had one, remember reading it.

Liquid Gold

That’s clever wording banks use and then fuck you on the exchange rate. My HSBC global account has no fees for exchanges but they literally lop 5% off the rate. That would not explain your whole difference though.
Nah it's not that, the card works on the mastercard base rate.

They emailed me back eventually and said that it was due to a sales tax in Canada, I queried that as it said all fees and taxes were included and their response was that I could cancel if I want.

They're a proper shit service.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I do the monthly one, but they billed me all the way through the summer even though there were no games.

Guess I should have a word, but can't imagine they'll be that sympathetic.

robbiekeane

I do the monthly one, but they billed me all the way through the summer even though there were no games.

Guess I should have a word, but can't imagine they'll be that sympathetic.
This annoyed me an i cancelled it with them. They asked why i was cancelling and I was just like...because theres no service through the summer? The audacity to continue charging when there are no games on.

kg82

Can someone explain the rules with ifollow? This is the 3rd season I’ve had a season pass. Yesterday, I couldn’t watch the game, it only offered audio. That’s the first time it’s ever done that, I’ve been able to watch all matches before (league, not cup). They’ve come up with some bullshit about international partner picking up the game. As if that hasn’t happened before, and I’ve still been able to watch those games.

CanadianCCFC

Can someone explain the rules with ifollow? This is the 3rd season I’ve had a season pass. Yesterday, I couldn’t watch the game, it only offered audio. That’s the first time it’s ever done that, I’ve been able to watch all matches before (league, not cup). They’ve come up with some bullshit about international partner picking up the game. As if that hasn’t happened before, and I’ve still been able to watch those games.
Assuming you have an international iFollow pass:

Any game that is picked for TV is shown on a channel/separate subscription service in all/most other countries, meaning they can’t show the game in those countries on iFollow. It’s been the case in past seasons too. The game next Saturday should work fine.

kg82

Assuming you have an international iFollow pass:

Any game that is picked for TV is shown on a channel/separate subscription service in all/most other countries, meaning they can’t show the game in those countries on iFollow. It’s been the case in past seasons too. The game next Saturday should work fine.
Thing is, they don’t show ANY championship games in Hong Kong. And this is the first time this has happened.

kg82

They show Championship games here on DAZN but the other game was on yesterday.
Where’s here?
Honestly, I was so annoyed last night! I was at a wedding, left early, got back with 10 mins to spare, and then was only given the audio option! Like I say, that’s never happened before.

robbiekeane

Thing is, they don’t show ANY championship games in Hong Kong. And this is the first time this has happened.
Basically mate if it’s on Sky in the UK, 95% chance you’re not getting it on iFollow. It’s because they are selling the rights to the game and so some other company will probably have the streaming rights in your region.

For example here in the US it’s always on ESPN+, as they are obviously the go to provider out here. So I pay $5 a month for a subscription.
Not sure who it’s is in Hong Kong but you can probably do something similar. If there’s no good option you can always get a VPN and run your connection through the US and get an ESPN+ account for the $5 a month

Sick Boy

Where’s here?
Honestly, I was so annoyed last night! I was at a wedding, left early, got back with 10 mins to spare, and then was only given the audio option! Like I say, that’s never happened before.
Italy - any game on Sky in the UK is not shown even though it’s not on any channels here.

shmmeee

Bump.

What’s actually on iFollow this season?

Just looking at my app and it’s showing Blackpool of the next 4/5 games.

Trying to work out of my VPN has been rumbled or if there’s just no games any more.

Legia Sky Blue

Blackpool should be available in the UK on ifollow as it is a midweek game, but the Barnsley game should be available only for those overseas or those who have VPN's. Did you have your VPN on when you checked?

hitmanhearns

Two questions for those experienced with iFollow from abroad:

1. Can you Cast iFollow to the tv from an android phone, like chromecast?
2. Are you able to watch re-runs? ... if your working late for example and want to watch the game late at night or the following day?

Thinking about getting a pass thankful for help.

Last edited:

aloisijohnnyaloisi

2. Are you able to watch re-runs? ... if your working late for example and want to watch the game late at night or the following day?

Thinking about getting a pass.
You can watch the games back if you don't catch it live. It lets you choose from full match, extended highlights, or shorter highlights.

It's available for ages after the game too, I can still watch full re-runs of games from last season if I want to be a proper sad bastard.

Not sure about casting it.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

On a similar note, I enjoy listening to the usually bonkers post-match phone in on CWR through the BBC Sounds app. Tried to listen yesterday and it now says it's only available in the UK.

Has something changed? Anyone else living abroad notice this, or know a work around?

shmmeee

No you can’t cast it. You need an HDMI lead from whatever you’re playing it on (iPad/laptop)

shmmeee

Blackpool should be available in the UK on ifollow as it is a midweek game, but the Barnsley game should be available only for those overseas or those who have VPN's. Did you have your VPN on when you checked?

Cheers. Must have been my VPN playing up, switched to a random free one and can now see everything.

CanadianCCFC

Not sure about an android phone but I usually chromecast from a laptop. Reruns usually become available the next day (maybe earlier I can’t really remember)

CanadianCCFC

Where’s here?
If that happens (meaning the game is being shown somewhere) you can find it on hesgoal.com for free if you want

ccfc92

Just hypothetically asking, in case one would want to watch a team of mutual interest to us all.

What would be the best VPN to use? Don't mind paying for it, as long as it's decent and doesn't entail lot's of problems etc.

Users who are viewing this thread