iFollow attendance (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Are there any figures on how many sky blues watch our games on iFollow? How many do you reckon watch? Would be interested to know what our virtual attendance is for our games. 10K+?

Terry Gibson's perm

Must be more now they seem to have cut some of the illegal streams. I would be delighted if they could do it that you could watch the away games on it after this all settles down as away games are a bit of a hassle for me as I don’t get to bed before 3am on Saturday morning.

Londonccfcfan

Are there any figures on how many sky blues watch our games on iFollow? How many do you reckon watch? Would be interested to know what our virtual attendance is for our games. 10K+?

Probably 5000 plus for home games. (Probably 6000 plus if household viewers inc) Including 3500 free ifollow passes.

About 3000 max for away matches. Dobt forget some just listen to ifollow radio .This is all assuming it's not on red button. Etc.

It's all guesswork...be interesting to see if anyone finds some relative info somewhere.

steve101

Yes, this is something I have been wondering, and how it compares with other teams

steve101

I think I read somewhere that a club only gets revenue from iFollow for away matches if over a certain number subscribed from that club.

speedie87

Think baddy said was a couple of thousand at one point and we were doing well compared to other clubs. .Doubt it’s more than that as if you work on principle will only pay for one pass per house

Terry_dactyl

The coverage is improving although they still stay on some daft shots whilst we are all left wondering what’s going on in the game 🤷🏻
My partner is a cardiff city season ticket holder and thus I’ve been ‘treated’ to their ifollow coverage. It makes ours look like it was directed by Stanley Kubrick and commentated on by Peter Ustinov and Laurence Olivier (if that works). It’s truly dreadful. And then there’s the football...aye caramba!
Anyway, she’s fallen in love with Oggy and misses him when we can’t get the commentary.

StevieM

If you were travelling every week this saves a fortune, I have paid to watch all that have not been on sky and have my season ticket for the home games.
Same as, like you say cost of an away game petrol, parking, food, beers, ticket got to be %) quid for a cheap one.
A Tenner is a bargain and you don't have to move off the sofa!
Can't replace the real thing but in the current climate it'll do for me.

Garryb80

I think I read somewhere that a club only gets revenue from iFollow for away matches if over a certain number subscribed from that club.
I think it is that we get any revenue on subscriptions over the usual away capacity for that ground.

Frank Sidebottom

I'd probably have gone to 10-12 games this season, Mostly Northern Away games and maybe 2-3 home games. But thanks to iFollow I've been able to watch all the league games bar Forest and Bournemouth. Must be getting on for £200 worth of iFollow passes.

Cov kid 55

Same here Timperley, I would normally see a dozen or so games, North Midlands upwards, and 2/3 ‘home’ games. This season, I’ve only missed a couple of games, iFollow a real bonus, with great analysis from Oggy (and quite unbiased), although it’s hard work waiting for us to concede a last minute goal (like Forest - you were lucky to miss that one!!)

ccfcmad1

I didn't bother with ifollow until about six games in heard mixed reviews about it regarding buffering and all round quality, The first game I had a few buffering issues so i was a bit reluctant to try it again but the following game I did and since then it's been fine so as others have said good value for money. On a side note a couple e of games I didn't realise you can change the commentary over so listened to a few games with the opposition commentary, we all give Clive and oggy a bit of stick and Clive rightly so he can a mare at times but I tell you what think I appreciate them a lot more then before. Millwall springs to mind it was like they pulled two guys of the street with no experience and told them to give it a go.

chiefdave

They need to put some thought into continuing once fans are back in. There's plenty of people who can't get to games in person who would happily pay so not doing it is just lost revenue. The cost of making it available domestically must be minimal given they're already producing the feed for overseas viewers.

Not sure I buy the argument that huge numbers of people will stay at home instead of going to games, at least not once people are confident its safe to go out. Its nothing like the same experiance.

Tartan Specials

I'd probably have gone to 10-12 games this season, Mostly Northern Away games and maybe 2-3 home games. But thanks to iFollow I've been able to watch all the league games bar Forest and Bournemouth. Must be getting on for £200 worth of iFollow passes.
Ditto. It's been a godsend to me. If the UEFA rules allow it, I'd love to see it stay post COVID as it could gain revenue for clubs in certain circumstances. As as example - Bournemouth play at Middlesbrough midweek, dunno maybe a 100 fans travel? Have it on ifollow and available to Bournemouth season ticket holders only and the revenue could become 20 or 30 thousand shared between the clubs. I'm an IT retard so apologies in advance if I've missed something basic. 😀

Terry Gibson's perm

They need to put some thought into continuing once fans are back in. There's plenty of people who can't get to games in person who would happily pay so not doing it is just lost revenue. The cost of making it available domestically must be minimal given they're already producing the feed for overseas viewers.

Not sure I buy the argument that huge numbers of people will stay at home instead of going to games, at least not once people are confident its safe to go out. Its nothing like the same experiance.

They could make it the same price as a match day ticket and people would buy it. It’s the time that I find difficult for away days.

Dazmataz

For what it's worth I think Oggy's commentary is excellent. He sees the game really well and saves Clive's blushes at times. Genuinely miss his insights when I watch on Sky instead of ifollow.

cov donkey kick

I’ve watched City more this season than I have since I moved away from Cov 25 years ago. It’s also the first time I’ve ever had a season ticket.
More than happy to keep paying my tenner for away games.
Likewise living south coast its great watching city every week and hope this digital
subscription continues when fans return.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Had ST's for many years so we see all the home games. Used to do away games as well but health has started to restrict us going these days. Watched every game so far on I-follow (if not on sky sports) and got our memberships too, but it is really spoiling us, watching from the sofa in the warm without having to get off our backsides, and would definitely be interested in continuing to pay for the away games (even at ticket prices) if they were available when all this is over. Still want to keep our STs for home games obviously though (as long as we are still fit enough to go).

RegTheDonk

Yes you'll always have a hard core who will go. It would be interesting to trial it for a season as I know 4 relatives/households who haven't been for years but pay to watch ifollow. There's also people who listen to every game free on the radio who can now stump up to see it as well.

Colin Steins Smile

I started just using iFollow for the home games as I’m a ST & membership holder, but got hooked and now paying for the away games. A major reason being to see how many different teams Clive thinks we are playing each week😂.

Liquid Gold

I noticed the club replied on twitter with some figures today. Interesting stuff. 3,400 for the game against Brum and 2,000 for home games and these don't include season ticket holders or international pass holders.

I remember a figure of £7.50 after fees and VAT being quoted meaning we picked up £25,500 for the Blues game. I wonder how that would compare for normal income for a midweek home game. I know Blues was away but we would normally make 0 on them anyway so a bonus already.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I noticed the club replied on twitter with some figures today. Interesting stuff. 3,400 for the game against Brum and 2,000 for home games and these don't include season ticket holders or international pass holders.

I remember a figure of £7.50 after fees and VAT being quoted meaning we picked up £25,500 for the Blues game. I wonder how that would compare for normal income for a midweek home game. I know Blues was away but we would normally make 0 on them anyway so a bonus already.

As we were the away team I don't believe we would've taken the full £25.500.

To my knowledge the home team retains all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and then they also get the revenue for the first 500 away fans that purchase tickets via their own club website. The away team then essentially gets to keep anything that's on top of that in terms of tickets sold.

Users who are viewing this thread