IF you won the lottery? (1 Viewer)

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Some of you may remember a Sky 'football soap' called Dream Team about a football club called Harchester United. In one series a fan won the lottery, £10 million, and basically lost the lot, he finally gave the club away to a fan in a seat raffle at the end of the season.

I don't think winning the lottery today would be enough, average win nowadays appear around the £10million mark. A roll over Euro win maybe, but still would that be enough.

Even the Spanish lotteries El Gordo, El Nino & Summer Gordo tempt you with a prize fund of over €2.5 billion but when you look into it the first prize is usually €2 million but you can win more than one prize from one ticket.

So would you invest all or some your lottery winnings into CCFC?

Gaz

No way would I

My view is that footballers are over paid and don't think they are worth what they get.

torchomatic

Nope. I would buy a smaller club though. Maybe one day make Racing Club Warwick a Football League team.

dadgad

Only if I had a door with my name on it: "Guvnor"
Imagine seeing your money being siphoned to pay a hedge fund in the Cayman Islands, ffs.
We should consider this before buying a season ticket.

Otis

I would invest in the club and demand life presidency and 20 lifetime season tickets for my friends and family for the next 200 years.

I would want all future generations to suffer as I have.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Wouldnt put a penny into the first team. I would look at covering the academy costs, a condition of which would be that the club maintain the current level of funding for the academy. I would pay the expenses in arrears at the end of each season, but start end of this so that the academy got an immediate cash boost (and the current level of club funding was already set). I would require certain safeguards so that the money was ring fenced from SISU etc and an annual inspection of the records, with my say so as to whether I fund a particular expense. In return for which I would expect at least 1 share and lifetime season tickets for 20 people in the corporate boxes, and some advertising for my business somewhere in the ground. I would also have clear rules for stopping the funding if i so choose.

Pie in the sky of course - and even if i did win i might not do it. Want to see some clear direction on and off the pitch first

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn't invest anything players wise as they come and go all the time. I'd look to put it into something more permanent, and the academy/training facilities definitely fit that bracket-give Ryton a boost and save the club coffers at the same time. In return, I'd be looking at something along the lines of what OSB said, in order to ringfence the funds for their intended purpose.

Grendel

I know the way some peope on here talk that they confuse investment with charity but I would give large donations to institutions that actually have a registered charitable status.

andyboy81

Nope, City are totally FUBAR and a lousy £20m - £30m even wouldn't be able to change our fortunes! Would need £60m+ to sort that shit out.

Personally would rather buy Leicester and dismantle them to the point they are no longer in existence. Least then if Cov ever did go pop, those C-units wouldn't be smug. hahahahahahahahaha - (Maniacal laugh!!!)

Grendel

Really can't see the problem here.....the club is not worth any more than a quid.

But it is a problem. If the creditors are owed huge amounts of money then they will want some payback. This definately happened at the last takeover.

Also I would question any investor who was determined to so this and question their investment credibilty.

Remember John towers handed over a tenner and the mantra "I'm alright Jack" was never more appropriate.

Grendel

BurbageSkyBlues

I would invest in two ways

Find a way to buy the Ricoh, with caveats to ensure the Stadium is ring fenced for the good of the local communities

Develop an outstanding academy and sports development, to regenerate the sporting success that this city once enjoyed.

Hopefully, the football club can enjoy the benefits of these enterprises, but on my terms , not Sisu's. Ultimately, force the parasites out of our club.

Grendel

I would invest in two ways

Find a way to buy the Ricoh, with caveats to ensure the Stadium is ring fenced for the good of the local communities

Develop an outstanding academy and sports development, to regenerate the sporting success that this city once enjoyed.

Hopefully, the football club can enjoy the benefits of these enterprises, but on my terms , not Sisu's. Ultimately, force the parasites out of our club.

Laudable stuff - who comes in when the parasites are gone?

mark82

Nope. I would buy a smaller club though. Maybe one day make Racing Club Warwick a Football League team.

I would do the same. Buying/investing in a football league club is throwing money away and it would make virtually no difference. Buying a little local non league club you could make a difference and maybe do something special.

Users who are viewing this thread