If you had ever had the chance to play for the City.... (2 Viewers)

Gibbo

One for the older geezers like me, Brian Lewis. A bit thin, slow but occasionally useful.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Froggatt - capable of playing anywhere down the left, had a decent cross, career cut short due to injury

Johhny Blue

Under estimated player , one of the best first touches of any player I've seen in a city shirt , his thinking was always two or three steps ahead of everyone else , good player made to look average by the others around him.
I was always two or three steps ahead of everyone else. Unfortunately 90% of the time I was offside

BigadamL

Scott Dann, not the biggest centre back but won most his headers, always talking to others around him ( Shame mine was defending how shit my last pass was)

Sky Blue Harry H

Steve Hunt, but with about 1% of the ability - although those that know me tell me I was great (when it is my round)

Marty

David Thompson, had a hammer of a shot, even from an early age, at least once a game I'd have a hit from 30 yards. Scored 36 in one season, even got a double hattrick in one game, think the team we played had never saw a ball before tbf, they were atrocious, I'm sure we won that like 23-0 and the ref stopped it a good 20 minutes early too. I was on penalty and freekick duty so that accounts for my unusually high scoring season.

BigadamL

I was the same as you, thought he was about 6’1/6’2. I know this is going to sound stupid but never really looked big so was surprised when found out he was 6’5

Adge

Robert Jarni. It's uncanny, but over the years I've also sat in the stands watching a game and occasionally rose to my feet to wave. Wearing sunglasses.
Hey in our team I remember it being more akin to Greg Downs! You could probably compare me to Lee Burge though you be fair.
I guess now more akin to Mike Dean although there’s no affiliation to the Sky Blues there.

oscillatewildly

Hey in our team I remember it being more akin to Greg Downs! You could probably compare me to Lee Burge though you be fair.
I guess now more akin to Mike Dean although there’s no affiliation to the Sky Blues there.
I have been meaning to add the GD comparison for a while (positionally, or lack of and 'ability') - Christ! I even followed his hirsute challenges.
For the record, I would never compare you to Burge. If I may, David James? Or a little further back - Gary Sprake?

Adge

I have been meaning to add the GD comparison for a while (positionally, or lack of and 'ability') - Christ! I even followed his hirsute challenges.
For the record, I would never compare you to Burge. If I may, David James? Or a little further back - Gary Sprake?
I’ll take David James, in comparison we never really both lived up to the billing.....

Last edited:

rob9872

Julian Darby - I hung around in the middle and achieved nothing. I made up for my lack of talent by shouting and moaning at everyone else so nobody would notice I was useless. I did get stuck in more than him though and managed a couple of player of the season awards which remains a mystery to me.

Adge

Julian Darby - I hung around in the middle and achieved nothing. I made up for my lack of talent by shouting and moaning at everyone else so nobody would notice I was useless. I did get stuck in more than him though and managed a couple of player of the season awards which remains a mystery to me.
Maybe they felt sorry for you? A feeling I also had when I was player of the season despite picking the ball out of the net 5 or 6 times every game!:emoji_blush:

Users who are viewing this thread