If you didn;t have a massive budget (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

and weren't that concerned about having a massive house, which areas of Cov & Warks worth looking to buy a house in, and which to avoid?

Just scouting around atm, going to have to make some compromises obviously, but (esp after reading that flat thread!) would kind of like not to find myself in a total hell-hole!

Otis

and weren't that concerned about having a massive house, which areas of Cov & Warks worth looking to buy a house in, and which to avoid?

Just scouting around atm, going to have to make some compromises obviously, but (esp after reading that flat thread!) would kind of like not to find myself in a total hell-hole!

Keep away from Keresley.

Otis

Good.

Last thing we want is riff raff moving in. I have Christians on one side and a lovely couple the other who just like pottering about in the garden and listening to the wireless.

wingy

Coundon ,Allesley ,Broad lane ,Banner Brook ( you could live near Carl Baker ),Stych Finham .Guess it depends on Budget /commute etc.

Grendel

Depends on budget but just stay away from any area south of the city.

Otis

...and Lions on the other?

No, the lions are opposite.

Actually, he's more of a walrus to be honest.

Our side is Happy Land. The other side is the Gaza Strip. And funnily enough, our side of the road is in Coundon Court cachment area and the other side is in Barr's Hill. No word of a lie. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Are there any repos? Always worth a look, usually mean doing a bit of work but cheaper to start with.

J

Jack Griffin

Think this tells a story (no idea what the distorted bottom diagram is supposed to show)
Coventry%20Deprivation.png

Grendel

Eh?

I always thought of south as vaguely respectable :D

No most areas that side if the ring road are awful.

Pick Earlsdon, allesley, Eastern green and that's it except some of chapefields and Coundon.

North areas to avoid are radford and canley.

South I guess Stycechelle and Finham are south are good areas.

Everything else don't bother.

Get a village location like Meriden and Fillongley - much better.

Otis

Amazing the number of desirable locations there are once an estate agent writes the advert, and how the 'nicer' areas are used in adverts rather than the slightly less posh ;)

We moved here 3 years ago. I remember when we were looking round the area (Coundon, we're actually right on the edge of Coundon/Keresley), I had a viewing at one house and they showed me round, but I couldn't see any dining area at all. I looked at the brochure and it dfenitely said 'dining area' so I asked the agent where this dining area was. He pulled back the lounge door and showed me an area behind the door and I kid you not, this dining area was 2ft 6 by 2ft 6. There was one single dining chair behind the door, no table.

How they could ever try and sell that as a dining area beggars belief.

J

Jack Griffin

No most areas that side if the ring road are awful.

Pick Earlsdon, allesley, Eastern green and that's it except some of chapefields and Coundon.

North areas to avoid are radford and canley.

South I guess Stycechelle and Finham are south are good areas.

Everything else don't bother.

Get a village location like Meriden and Fillongley - much better.

Sorry but you are an opinionated idiot.

NorthernWisdom

We moved here 3 years ago. I remember when we were looking round the area (Coundon, we're actually right on the edge of Coundon/Keresley), I had a viewing at one house and they showed me round, but I couldn't see any dining area at all. I looked at the brochure and it dfenitely said 'dining area' so I asked the agent where this dining area was. He pulled back the lounge door and showed me an area behind the door and I kid you not, this dining area was 2ft 6 by 2ft 6. There was one single dining chair behind the door, no table.

How they could ever try and sell that as a dining area beggars belief.

Someone showed me a garden.

Well, I guess it was a garden if you didn't put your wheely bin on it.

wingy

:D

Def car.

Bloody impossible to get to the county town by public transport easily:facepalm:

Some decent new apartments out Banner Brook Tile Hill ,convenient for Railway ,well priced a YR or so back ,on the edge of the country side etc ,short train ride for Drinking either round Earlsdon/Chapelfields or out to Berkswell/Balsall common.

stupot07

You can get decent value for money in nuneaton and Bedworth., depends what you're looking for and whether you also looking to get on a decent school catchment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluedan

You can get decent value for money in nuneaton and Bedworth., depends what you're looking for and whether you also looking to get on a decent school catchment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Do they get electricity now there?

Users who are viewing this thread