If you could sign one player... (1 Viewer)

callumeast

Realistic suggestions only, but if you could sign one player in January, who would it be and why...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bawtryneal

Plus Dominic Samuel if available when Gillingham loan ends.
TM knows both SAMUEL and PENNINGTON so no issue with their characters.

Would send Cole back to AV and sign Bigi on permanent.

Would leave 5 loanees with AA, JM, DS, MP and RK.

W

westcountry_skyblue

How about Marc Richards at Northampton? seems to always score and it would make them happy

Del Boy 82

How about Marc Richards at Northampton? seems to always score and it would make them happy

Marc Richards is a 33 year old player, would comment a fee too. Not sure he's quite having the Indian summer of his career to worth paying a fee for. Prolific at L2 tho. Loan market is where I think we're shopping and free's. I'd be happy to see Samuel back with us. Proved his worth last season when confidence was lower. Elliot ward is a ideal player for me too.

Irish Sky Blue

My son works with someone who is a friend of Bigiramani, she attends the same church as him. She knows my son is a City fan and told him that Bigi was going to sign about two months before he actually arrived. We thought it was simply gossip but turned out to be true. I also remember Gary Macsheffrey saying that he had known for a month that Joe Cole was signing before he actually arrived. I don't know why these signings took so long but maybe shows how complicated it can be to get players in.
Liked Both Ward and Wood when they were here before. Richard Wood is one of the bravest players I have seen. I was at Swindon when he broke his nose(again). He was brought off to the side lines in front of the away fans. You could see the blood pumping from his nose. The medic couldn't stop it and indicated a sub was needed. Wood was going mental at him telling him to put him back on. I don't know how many times he broke his nose in that little run under Robins but he never shirked a challenge. Pressley let him go for "football reasons"...hmmm. Not sure Chesterfield would let him go.

Walskyn

Matty Fryatt or Britt Assombalonga, both long-term injured strikers who are now in competition with several other strikers at Forest. Both could do a good job in this division.

Hod dog

Franck Moussa

but as we do not need that position i would have to agree with Elliot Ward, need a CB

pusbccfc

Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers, superb finisher, would be a great replacement for Armstrong.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd rather sign a young player with potential if we do have some money to spend.

Ben Kennedy, Stevenage, 18 years old, 6 goals in 19 games from midfield so far. Captain of Northern Ireland U19s too.

Del Boy 82

I'd rather sign a young player with potential if we do have some money to spend.

Ben Kennedy, Stevenage, 18 years old, 6 goals in 19 games from midfield so far. Captain of Northern Ireland U19s too.

This is a good shout. Exactly the type of signing we should go for. Young exciting players. Even look into the conference too, there is players out there. Has worked well for Peterborough previously. Unfortunately this I'm sure would only happen if we've cash in the kitty, and that generally means a sale.

westofrayne

Most of these names would command a fee, very little evidence that we would/could afford to pay for any of these players, unfortunately I think we are realistically looking at free agents or loans.

In order of preference (assuming the current squad are staying put and we don't sell anybody)

1. Centre Half (Big bugger) - E. Ward is not a bad shout till the end of the season, but he has to be interested and want to put his body on the line, if not look elsewhere.
2. Forward with a bit of presence but still with a pace and can play the ball with his feet, this will most likely be a loan deal
3. Keeper - Only if the money was there

The ones I would let go if we were able to so that we could make room for new signings:

MAF - Just cancel the contract and free up the wages, after Saturdays effort I could be more of a presence on the pitch.
Connor Thomas - Either let go or out on loan when he is back fit
JC - Just don't understand why his here
RK - Great potential, but needs a lot more time, not ready for the man's game at present

My main worry is if somebody comes in with a fee for Fleck or Maddy would SISU be able to hold out till the end of the season?

georgehudson

it's the 'are they interested' scenario,
E.Ward would undoubtedly be good, is possibly match fit, but would he be interested ?
P.Senderos is @ that aston club, not in their squad, surplus to requirements, what on earth is he doing with his footballing life, as short as it is, but, how long would it take for him to get match fit, & would he be interested ? or is he like that chelski bloke who just sat on a fat 3yr contract & did nowt ?
the power is always with the player,
for me J.Cole coming to play for CCFC is a true creditable plus in his direction, & game by game you can see his fitness coming back, i hope he extends his stay here, as, i feel it has already had a beneficial effect on our youngsters

clint van damme

Dack from Gillingham.

Driving midfielder who gets his fair share of goals. Captain material.

Hadji10

My son works with someone who is a friend of Bigiramani, she attends the same church as him. She knows my son is a City fan and told him that Bigi was going to sign about two months before he actually arrived. We thought it was simply gossip but turned out to be true. I also remember Gary Macsheffrey saying that he had known for a month that Joe Cole was signing before he actually arrived. I don't know why these signings took so long but maybe shows how complicated it can be to get players in.
Liked Both Ward and Wood when they were here before. Richard Wood is one of the bravest players I have seen. I was at Swindon when he broke his nose(again). He was brought off to the side lines in front of the away fans. You could see the blood pumping from his nose. The medic couldn't stop it and indicated a sub was needed. Wood was going mental at him telling him to put him back on. I don't know how many times he broke his nose in that little run under Robins but he never shirked a challenge. Pressley let him go for "football reasons"...hmmm. Not sure Chesterfield would let him go.

So we should resign someone because he broke his nose and wanted to carry on playing? Right, let's completely disregard how completely bang average was as a player for us.

I'd want us to sign Romaine Sawyers from Walsall.

Pipehitterz

james hanson or matt smith
failing that dominic samuel

we need a plan b, the defense is fine, we have only shipped a few goals , even with the weaknesses we have there, so another way of winning is required

Gazolba

Any Prem reserve keeper who cannot get a game. The taller the better.

ready_96

IMO with the addition of another striker we have enough forward options. Main priority would be to get in another dominate centre half, if we were offered an experienced keeper on a free id bring him in as well and then look for back up in weak areas.

higgs

Don't think mogga will bring in another keeper seems happy to go with rcc and use budget else where. Hope we get defensive cover and then a striker

Irish Sky Blue

So we should resign someone because he broke his nose and wanted to carry on playing? Right, let's completely disregard how completely bang average was as a player for us.

I'd want us to sign Romaine Sawyers from Walsall.
His reaction to the broken nose says a lot about his desire and passion to play for the club. Disagree that he was average. I think he did well here and was a commanding centre half. As always, it's all about opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread