If/when we lose McGoldrick... (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Would be a shame because he's got some goals in him.

The big problem with Cody (and eluded to on the other thread) is that he can't play as a lone striker, he needs to play off some one (as does ROD, Elliot and Sheff). Our recent success has come playing the 4231/451 formation with 1 striker and 3 attacking midfielder supporting.

If you bring in Cody, Robins will have to change formation probably to a 442, which will then restrict Baker and others, and actually make us weaker in midfield - the last time we played 442 we were beated by Scunthorpe.

Baginton

Cody will be fine to start after xmas I think. Obviously needs to work on his fitness.

However being a Norwich fan, iv seen Chris martins name a few times. Excellent striker with good ability, was on loan at Palace last season and scored a few goals. I've a feeling we're looking to sell him aswell so maybe you could just out right buy him in the summer after a loan deal. Cant be more than 500,000 for him.

The otherside of chris martin is his bad attitude and thats probably why he's been frozen out at Norwich. Alot of fans still like him and think hes worth a place in the squad (he did play our opening few games under lambert at the start of our first season in the prem). The boy has been banned from nearly every pub in norfolk. If you can tame him, then he could be a good championship striker because he scored a number for us in league 1 and in the championship!

I can't believe Michael Spillane didnt go further at Norwich, a quality defender!

torchomatic

I actually think we have quite a good chance of keeping Goldie.

swanageskyblue

How about Emile Sinclair, who looked impressive - and scored both goals - for Posh in the 2-2 draw at the Ricoh last season. (Sorry to bring up such a painful memory as that match for me was the missed opportunity that sent us spiralling down to div 1).
He is on Posh's transfer list and on loan at Barnsley until mid-January. He is nearly 25 and has scored 36 goals in around 180 appearances (about 1 in 5).
From what I saw, he is fast, mobile and skilful and would be suited to a lone striker role.

suddsy101

robins probably will sell cody and use that money for another striker
Izale McLeod: good finisher and Portsmouth need money and would be prepared to sell him
Jake Cassidy: going back to Wolves from loan to Tranmere looks alright
Nahki Wells:looked good for Brentford against Arsenal.good goal tally

Users who are viewing this thread