If/when we lose McGoldrick... (1 Viewer)

Ash

Who would you like to see Robins bring in as a replacement?

dongonzalos

I think Cody is a Natural goal scorer

However if he is unfit, overweight or has a bad attitude he can do one.
Jd should be fit as s fiddle chopping at the bit desperate for a chance to prove himself

SBS

Going from football manager 2010: yaya sanogo

Had him banging in the goals for me too!

Back to real football, I reckon Robins has been working closely with McDonald over the last couple of months, almost like a preseason. He didn't look in shape at the start of the campaign and Robins gives me the impression that he won't stand for it. It would be nice to see him do well, but given his inconsistent form since he joined, I'm not holding my breath.

There's also Elliot. His work rate was impressive and Robins does seem to press high up the pitch, which could work. Just don't think he's got the goals in him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Leon Clarke and Chris Martin are decent calls, both on loan at league 1 clubs at the moment

I remember the paper talk was that we were interested in Donaldson before he signed for Brentford

skybluegod

Adam morgan on loan from liverpool? i know he's young but would at least give us a decent option until summer

Ash

Leon Clarke and Chris Martin are decent calls, both on loan at league 1 clubs at the moment

I remember the paper talk was that we were interested in Donaldson before he signed for Brentford

I'd take a punt on Leon Clarke as well, apparently his loan is running out at Scunthorpe and he's been banging the goals in for them in a struggling team.

pusbccfc

Izzy Mcleod is only on a short deal at Pompy. With their money woes surely we could grab him.

You'll struggle to get anyone as good as McGoldrick.

sky blue john

MR is more than capable of finding and knowing what he wants in a striker and i should imagine enquiries are well under way.

smileycov

Facebook User
Do you think they will stick with Ball and say no replacement is allowed?

ncfcfan

Cody will be fine to start after xmas I think. Obviously needs to work on his fitness.

However being a Norwich fan, iv seen Chris martins name a few times. Excellent striker with good ability, was on loan at Palace last season and scored a few goals. I've a feeling we're looking to sell him aswell so maybe you could just out right buy him in the summer after a loan deal. Cant be more than 500,000 for him.

The otherside of chris martin is his bad attitude and thats probably why he's been frozen out at Norwich. Alot of fans still like him and think hes worth a place in the squad (he did play our opening few games under lambert at the start of our first season in the prem). The boy has been banned from nearly every pub in norfolk. If you can tame him, then he could be a good championship striker because he scored a number for us in league 1 and in the championship!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bring Craig Bellamy back!!

(*Grabs coat and slips quickly out through the back door! :D *)

Danceswithhorses

Izzy Mcleod is only on a short deal at Pompy. With their money woes surely we could grab him.

You'll struggle to get anyone as good as McGoldrick.

Portsmouth players only on monthly contracts...McLeod 5th top scorer in div 1....decent replacement for free

Ash

Cody will be fine to start after xmas I think. Obviously needs to work on his fitness.

However being a Norwich fan, iv seen Chris martins name a few times. Excellent striker with good ability, was on loan at Palace last season and scored a few goals. I've a feeling we're looking to sell him aswell so maybe you could just out right buy him in the summer after a loan deal. Cant be more than 500,000 for him.

The otherside of chris martin is his bad attitude and thats probably why he's been frozen out at Norwich. Alot of fans still like him and think hes worth a place in the squad (he did play our opening few games under lambert at the start of our first season in the prem). The boy has been banned from nearly every pub in norfolk. If you can tame him, then he could be a good championship striker because he scored a number for us in league 1 and in the championship!

After getting so frustrated with Kevin Thornton for the exact same reason a few years ago, I think as a club we'd rather not have a player like that in our squad. Hopefully Robins thinks the same way too!

ncfcfan

After getting so frustrated with Kevin Thornton for the exact same reason a few years ago, I think as a club we'd rather not have a player like that in our squad. Hopefully Robins thinks the same way too!
Would be a shame because he's got some goals in him.

Users who are viewing this thread