If we would have kept Doyle.. (1 Viewer)

im-confused

Aug 9, 2008
Everywhere
Would he be playing for us now?
Would he have a good shot at first team football?
Would he still be any good for us?

skybluegod

May 13, 2011
i always rated doyle a lot of people dont but he was 100% commited to cov he was here for more than 10 years

Tonylinc

Mar 19, 2011
Scunthorpe
For me Doyle was one of those players who you did not notice while on the pitch but by god you knew was not there when out of the team. I know that that does not seem to make any sense but I remember another player of a similar ilk. One Barry Powell.

pusbccfc

Apr 15, 2011
Coventry
With gael and clingan no, but wouldn't mind him back on a lower wage

Marty

Mar 20, 2011
Would he be playing for us now? Yes
Would he have a good shot at first team football? Yes
Would he still be any good for us? He was never any good, if you can't pass a simple 5-yard pass to feet then you don't deserve to be a footballer, it's amazing to see how far we've fallen in such a short time, that some look on Doyle as some kind of hero.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
£8k p/w that's £400k pa we can't afford £300k for ALF. Who do we think we need more?

cloughie

May 9, 2011
Coventry
Would he be playing for us now? Yes
Would he have a good shot at first team football? Yes
Would he still be any good for us? He was never any good, if you can't pass a simple 5-yard pass to feet then you don't deserve to be a footballer, it's amazing to see how far we've fallen in such a short time, that some look on Doyle as some kind of hero.

sad but true

J

Jack Griffin

Nothing wrong with Doyle in a lower table Championship team (that is us BTW)

The problem was his salary, previous regimes gave him better & better deals when they should have brought in an alternative.

SISU are going to continue to lower the salary bill to leasgue one levels so that is where we will be in a years time.

Users who are viewing this thread