If we weren't down before, we are now... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

We've just conceded a second and for me, that's one of the final nails in our coffin.

I've watched the second half on-line and it's not been great to be honest. Before todays game, I was off the opinion that today was a make or break game for us and potentially a make or break game for Thorn by way of fan opinion (for those who, like me, have stuck by him).

We were playing a Forest team, who by all accounts, are in just as much of a mess than us. Their fans hate their manager, their tactics have apparently been poor and they've been inconsistent at getting results.

On the back of the Leeds result, this was a very real chance for us to gain our first 3 points on the road this season and we blew it. I've always been a supporter of Thorn but I think he missed a golden opportunity today for some appeasement with the group of fans who want him out. In all honesty, I'm not sure he's the man for the job although I agree he's had a near impossible job. Bar Mourinho or Ferguson, I'm not sure any other manager to be fair would do anything better.

The players don't seem interested. In the second half showing I saw today, we were extremely poor out wide. Delivery into the box was awful...especially Baker.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. It doesn't matter if another 3 clubs get deducted points. I don't see us picking up enough points from our own accord to stay up.

Let's get used to League One folks. Sad, but inevitably true.

WM

ajsccfc

I don't believe this game tells us anything overall, other than 'Coventry lose away games'.

Every defeat since around November has had people saying we're now League One-bound.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I don't believe this game tells us anything overall, other than 'Coventry lose away games'.

Yep, fully agree with this. If we're going to stay up we need to hope we can keep getting the results at home.

Otis

Every defeat since around November has had people saying we're now League One-bound.

But if we lose all the rest of away games we are down. No way on god's earth are we going to win all of our home games.

ajsccfc

But if we lose all the rest of away games we are down. No way on god's earth are we going to win all of our home games.

That's true, but this match isn't really any different to the rest in that respect. It would have been a huge win if only to get at least one on the board, but the defeat is more business as usual than a turning point for the worse.

dojer

Also I thought for the most part the players were pretty up for it. Keogh was great at the back, Norwood and Deegan looked decent in midfield, Nimely was causing Forest problems. There clearly isn't a lack of desire from the players, maybe a lack of ability or defensive organisation has been our downfall

shmmeee

We are actually only 3 points from safety, so all is not lost, but the games in hand make it a hard slog.

Otis

Baker's crossing was just awful. Over hit everything. Then Bell came on and he under hit everything.

ajsccfc

There clearly isn't a lack of desire from the players, maybe a lack of ability or defensive organisation has been our downfall

Definitely this for me. The first goal in particular; I'm sure McCleary's a good player and all but players shouldn't be going unchallenged from their own half and allowed to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread