If We Were Able Where Could We Realistcaly Build A Ground In Coventry (1 Viewer)

wingy

I'm affraid you can't have Hearsall common as it belongs to me and thousands of other ex -apprentices,of course were a dollar or two to change hands ?:thinking about:

rupert_bear

I put this thread on as bit of a pie in the sky fun situation, surprising how serious people can get. But is it pie in the sky ? At the moment we or should i say SISU are at logger-heads with ACL over the rent, now lets just say there's a third party waiting in the wings to be introduced by SISU to come in with them on the football club issue who as an investment would co-fund a ground which would eradicate the present landlords, that being the City council who own the land and half the stadium which i doubt they would ever let go. How much would it cost to build a 25000 seater from scratch, i would estimate nowhere near the rip off £130million we paid for the Ricoh project, i would guess 30 to 40 mill. The two pieces of land on the Foleshill Road are not as far as i'm aware council land, there are hardly any houses near either site and the one near the Parkstone club is just a stones throw from the Ricoh so the council would IMO find it difficult to argue over the infustructre or logistic side. So yes i agree probable pie in the sky.....or is it ?

Paxman II

Stopot... I think you are living in the past a bit here. As someone elsewhere suggested Stoke sell out 28k each week and would get possibly 32k if they had a bigger stadium.
City would indeed fill the Ricoh if back in 'today's' big time. Conventional wisdom says you are wrong on this one. Football has changed a lot since we were in the Premiership. The 'celebrity' status has increased, the staure of the league has increased, the amount of foreign 'stars' has increased. people want to be involved nowadays much more than before. I for one would have my season ticket rubber stamped every season, no doubt about it. Results would have little impact unless we were relegated of course!

stupot07

Stopot... I think you are living in the past a bit here. As someone elsewhere suggested Stoke sell out 28k each week and would get possibly 32k if they had a bigger stadium.
City would indeed fill the Ricoh if back in 'today's' big time. Conventional wisdom says you are wrong on this one. Football has changed a lot since we were in the Premiership. The 'celebrity' status has increased, the staure of the league has increased, the amount of foreign 'stars' has increased. people want to be involved nowadays much more than before. I for one would have my season ticket rubber stamped every season, no doubt about it. Results would have little impact unless we were relegated of course!

I still believe we wouldn't need a 40k+ stadium.

This season of those that have 40k+ stadium, only Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcasltle and Liverpool come anywhere near to filling it week in week out.

Even Everton who are having a top season are only using 90% of the stadium. Villa and sunderland are averaging only 80% of the capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread