If We Were Able Where Could We Realistcaly Build A Ground In Coventry (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Certain it would never happen but if we had to and had the means where is the land to build another ground? I can think of 3 brown field sites, the old Courtaulds site opposite Tower Court on the Foleshill Road, the old British Celenese plant behind the Parkstone club, both these sites not too near too many houses, there is also the old Dunlop factory on Beake Avenue but that i am sure would meet the wrath of local residents, can't think of anywhere else. The old GEC plant at Copsewood would have been ideal and not far from our spiritual home HR, but that is being built on. Anymore ?

wingy

Given the councils likely stance over this,it would have to go into Warks to gain approval ,So somewhere Ansty side ,Old Peugot factory Ryton ,Bagington.

CJparker

The big site next to the Tesco / retail park on the way to the M6 junction....

Seriously, even if we could build a new ground, why would we want to? We have a brand spanking new stadium!

Otis

That's a massive space on the corner of Old Church Road. Could build a big stadium there for sure.

Steve.B50

I know its pie in the sky but worth a thread. I agee it would hav e to be in Warwickshire and the Speedway sounds a good idea. Build it up to around 20K capicity with some standing areas.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Memorial Park. The grass is already there so just pick and choose a pitch! :pimp:

SkyBlueScottie

I know its pie in the sky but worth a thread. I agee it would hav e to be in Warwickshire and the Speedway sounds a good idea. Build it up to around 20K capicity with some standing areas.

The speedway have been trying for years to remove the hangars that are situated on site however the Rugby Council will not let them touch it. The roads to the tstadium would not cope with the increased traffic and as a lot of the surrounding site is greenbelt there is no way a football stadium would be built.

The road issue is why the land has never been sold for Housing developments. Plus the local off license has been trying for months to erect a flashing sign however this also keeps on getting knocked back by the council. so basically there is no hope whatsoever.

Ashdown1

How utterly depressing, not only this pointless thread but the mention of all those now defunct manufacturing operations from a time when the City and indeed the country was booming and healthy.

pusbccfc

Massey Ferguson site (Where Masseys play).

5 min walk from Tile Hill train station.

torchomatic

I think it would be good if the council could set up some kind of joint venture deal with a local charity, build us a new stadium and then charge us an exorbitant amount to play in it. Oh, hold on....

Paxman II

You would need to think ahead better than suggested here. For starters a stadium of 40k + would be required. Once back in the premier league there will be more than that wanting a ticket each week. Don't think so? Well just imagine for a moment we were back there and had owners investing in the likes of Poldoski, balliotelli, walcott, ashley cole and john sturridge for example. Bet you would want a ticket? That's the possibility.
Make no mistake its a big City and catchment area. If that did not happen and we merely survive the premiership then we would still need 35k capacity.
20k just ain't gonna do it! We have the Ricoh and clearly a deal will get done. It just does not suit anyone to think otherwise.

ccfcway

You would need to think ahead better than suggested here. For starters a stadium of 40k + would be required. Once back in the premier league there will be more than that wanting a ticket each week. Don't think so? Well just imagine for a moment we were back there and had owners investing in the likes of Poldoski, balliotelli, walcott, ashley cole and john sturridge for example. Bet you would want a ticket? That's the possibility.
Make no mistake its a big City and catchment area. If that did not happen and we merely survive the premiership then we would still need 35k capacity.
20k just ain't gonna do it! We have the Ricoh and clearly a deal will get done. It just does not suit anyone to think otherwise.

decent player that John Sturridge..

:whistle:

Baginton

someone could build a stadium then take 100% of the income from it

you start a little bit at a time, say 20k... build only what you need with future expnsion built into the plans, like filling in the corners like Stoke, finishing off the top layer like MK

Town centre (or edge of) grounds are great, near a train station too if possible, road links are important too

the main thing is SUSTAINABILITY...

a club MUST own the ground/local land and get back as much $$$ as possible or your just pissing in the wind:whistle:

Just need a rich millionaire who has a soft spot for Cov

Everytime I come out of the Arena shopping, I look at the litttle park down to the left, too small I know but you could do a great Spion Kop (pre '81) style terrace on that hill down to the pitch :D

torchomatic

Agree, Bag. A club that doesn't own it's own ground is on a hiding to nothing. Unless, you happen to be Man City, of course.

stupot07

I wished I lived on the same planet as you Paxman. ;)

Gynnsthetonic

Parkside would be good a joint venture with the univerity, the Stoke Plant on Humber Rd could have been used especially with our links with Peugeot to late now, the old City Enginneers site opposite Halfords, like someone said earlier opposite the clock tower on Foleshill Rd

Astute

There are a few places they could do slum clearances in Cov :D

Users who are viewing this thread