If we slide down the league when Mcgoldrick leaves.... (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

More like can we have any faith in Robins. If we can't progress with this squad were in trouble.

torchomatic

If the world ends tomorrow, do we blame SISU? What does faith in SISU have to do anything with it? If McGoldrick leaves it's because McGoldrick wants to leave.

Can we have any faith in Sisu?

Sky Blue Kid

I think you know exactly what OyJimmy means. But just for you...He means did SISU do enough to keep him at the "City":facepalm:

ncfcfan

Mcgoldrick is just one man. One solitary man. You are forgetting about the other good performers over the past few weeks! A la Baker, Moussa etc

Tank Top

If the world ends tomorrow, do we blame SISU? What does faith in SISU have to do anything with it? If McGoldrick leaves it's because McGoldrick wants to leave.

Torch! may I sugest that If McGoldrick leaves it will be because CCFC Via Sisu have offered him less than others, all things being equal I think he would like to stay here, but I very much doubt that the funding will take place, For the first time in recent seasons, I feel we are genuinely on the up.
The Failure to sign Marlon King Cost us Relegation, it would be a great pity if the season nosedived For the sake of a few quid, the extra attendance would finance the deal, its a no Brainer if you think about it,But our owners have no vision regarding the football club, their energy has been diverted into the "Battle for the Ricoh" and it appears that they are blissfully unconcerned with the recent advances on the field, and the question must be asked again.."SISU whats the purpose of you being Here"

torchomatic

Actually, wasn't it MArlon King and his agent that decided to leave? I don't see that as a club (or SISU) "failure" as you put it. As for McGoldrick. We will offer him what we can afford to offer him amnd that's very important. People like SBK and others make me laugh; they know we're broke yet they want us to break the bank to keep players like McGoldrick while still paying up an exorbitant amount of money in rent.

Yes, energy has been diverted into the Ricoh and so it should. I know SBK isn't that bothered but getting the right rent deal is important to the very future of our football club.

The Failure to sign Marlon King Cost us Relegation, it would be a great pity if the season nosedived For the sake of a few quid, the extra attendance would finance the deal, its a no Brainer if you think about it,But our owners have no vision regarding the football club, their energy has been diverted into the "Battle for the Ricoh" and it appears that they are blissfully unconcerned with the recent advances on the field, and the question must be asked again.."SISU whats the purpose of you being Here"

dongonzalos

Can we have any faith in Sisu?

Personally if we don't get in the play offs I hold them solely responsible for

1) saying they are going to back a manager and allowing him to sign 9/10 players over the summer
2) sacking the same manager after 360 minutes of football encompassing 1 win and 3 draws
3) on sacking that manager not already identified who they wanted to replace him so they could come in.
4) dithering and taking 5 league matches to get in a replacement. Coincidently this was at the same time we lost 5 matches.

I will give them credit for getting MR.

I just hope he has the ability to find a replacement for DMC.

It does not have to be as good as DMC, we have a fantastic squad just a good league one striker will do it.
He has got Sheff, baker, Barton, moussa scoring Fleck will too so he just needs someone who will score 10 and I think we will be ok.

My worry is no promotion these season then that will be it.

MR is strong minded he won't hang around if he is not supported next season

Godiva

If the world ends tomorrow, do we blame SISU?

Of course we do ... and if it doesn't end, we'll blame sisu for not even being able to pull off a 2000+ year old prophecy.

I've never had faith with SISU. I never will have faith with SISU. But i do have faith with Mark Robins. He'll fight for this club. He wont let SISU screw us again. Goldy is i'd say around 80% likely to leave so Robins will ensure that we get someone to replace him. Thats why he's gonna sell Hussey and Malaga, to clear the wage bill for the new player, or possibly Goldy. This is where i miss Andy Thron, cus he could pick out great talent. Look at Ollie Norwood and Alex Nimely. Nimmers may not have scored many goals but he was a goal creator. Norwood was one of our best players last year and its a real shame he's gone. He may have been a crap manager but he had an eye for talent. Lets just hope Robbo has that same eye for talent

Warwickhunt

Torch! may I sugest that If McGoldrick leaves it will be because CCFC Via Sisu have offered him less than others, all things being equal I think he would like to stay here, but I very much doubt that the funding will take place, For the first time in recent seasons, I feel we are genuinely on the up.
However if I were JF I would offer DM a new contract that would keep him here and if we did not get promotion this season then flog him at a profit in the closed season which would revover the extra outlay for the 5 months and put a bit of Bunce back into the coffers:D

Warwickhunt

I've never had faith with SISU. I never will have faith with SISU. But i do have faith with Mark Robins. He'll fight for this club. He wont let SISU screw us again. Goldy is i'd say around 80% likely to leave so Robins will ensure that we get someone to replace him. Thats why he's gonna sell Hussey and Malaga, to clear the wage bill for the new player, or possibly Goldy. This is where i miss Andy Thron, cus he could pick out great talent. Look at Ollie Norwood and Alex Nimely. Nimmers may not have scored many goals but he was a goal creator. Norwood was one of our best players last year and its a real shame he's gone. He may have been a crap manager but he had an eye for talent. Lets just hope Robbo has that same eye for talent
The same AT who signed Brown & Henderson loan deals :slap:

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy..

Errr wasn't it the s-l-o-w effort from SISU to re-sign King that was the reason for what happened?
There is a saying..."Speculate to accumulate" SISU it seems, had/have no knowledge of this saying.
:facepalm:

shmmeee

How about we ask another question:

Should CCFC risk falling foul of FFP rules and put their financial recovery at risk for DMcG? If not then can we really blame anyone other than DMcG if he doesn't sign?

Like I've said in other threads, if he signs for a L1 club then y all means tear Sisu a new one, but otherwise blame the economics of modern football. He's a Championship quality player and we have a L1 budget.

shmmeee

@ Torchy..

Errr wasn't it the s-l-o-w effort from SISU to re-sign King that was the reason for what happened?
There is a saying..."Speculate to accumulate" SISU it seems, had/have no knowledge of this saying.
:facepalm:

No. It was king wanting more money and nothing else.

Sky Blue Kid

You were saying?

"I spoke to four clubs who offered me two-year deals, but I wanted three years. I'm just being honest here, this is the truth," he said.
"I really enjoyed my time at Coventry and I'm grateful to them, and to the fans for making me their player of the year.
"I haven't turned my back on anybody. What happened was that I was told I would be given a three-year contract by Coventry. I said, 'That would be nice, let's do it.'
"But nothing came through. I was waiting for it and asked what the situation was, but nothing happened.
"Nothing came through to my advisor and when I eventually got hold of the chairman, who was in Portugal, he asked for my email address.
"Obviously, I moved on to talk to other clubs and Birmingham came in and offered me a good three-year contract.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

torchomatic

Basically because you hate SISU more than you hate King?

I'm glad King went, I couldn't stand the man, but in this instance I believe what he says.

Sky Blue Kid

What's up Torchy?

Don't like being proved wrong?
You're right when you say I hate SISU, I also said I hated King. The hate level is on a par with one another.

King said..."Nothing came through to my advisor and when I eventually got hold of the chairman, who was in Portugal, he asked for my email address."

This says to me, that King did the chasing, not the other way round.

torchomatic

torchomatic

King, who scored 12 goals in 28 appearances for Coventry, maintained he had acted properly throughout. "I haven't done anything wrong. Yes I did phone the manager because I was happy with the three-year deal and I was willing to sign. I said let's do it, I want to sign. I said get the contract over to me but that didn't materialise.

"I called my adviser, Tony Finnigan, and asked what was going on and he said nothing had come through on the computer in writing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/10/coventry-marlon-king-betrayal-birmingham

torchomatic

So despite what others have said he was offered a three year deal. It seems we didn't get the paperwork over to him quick enough for his liking. It was then up to him to look elsewhere, but to state that we didn't do anything to keep him is a fallacy.

torchomatic

King, who scored 12 goals in 28 appearances for Coventry, maintained he had acted properly throughout. "I haven't done anything wrong. Yes I did phone the manager because I was happy with the three-year deal and I was willing to sign. I said let's do it, I want to sign. I said get the contract over to me but that didn't materialise.

That's funny,i thought he wanted a 3 year deal and we only offered him 2. As usual city fuck it up.

Sky Blue Kid

"I said get the contract over to me but that didn't materialise."

Let's get things straight from the off shall we?
I have never said he wasn't offered a "THREE YEARS CONTRACT!!!" I said "SISU WERE TOO SLOW" getting it to him!
It's well documented that Thorn spoke to King, and King said yes, but he wanted the contract sent to him while he was on holiday(I know DIVA!!!) nothing was done, and King phoned the chairman who then did SFA!

torchomatic

Nah, don't buy it. There's something else to this. Thorn wouldn't have been so mad and blabbed over his disappointment to the papers if it was all down to the Club messing up.

Sky Blue Kid

McLeish, took King to a restaurant AFTER King came back off holiday where King signed. How long was King on holiday for? 1 week, 2 weeks???
Agreed, Thorn was mad with King, Now if I'm going too fast for you let me know!.
Going to copy and paste this next bit, bear with me!.
"I have never said he wasn't offered a "THREE YEARS CONTRACT!!!" I said "SISU WERE TOO SLOW" getting it to him!"
Read the first line of this post. I will say also, Both King and SISU, need to be swallowed up by a "Big Black Hole" and never be seen again!

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread