If we lose tonight (1 Viewer)

matesx

Should TM be sacked?

Otis

I think he should only be sacked if this terrible run continues to the end of the season.

Think if we lose 5 or 6 of our last matches and plummet down to about 16th, that is carrying a lot of negative baggage into next season.

We really need to be finishing this season on a high and taking that positivity into the summer break.

rupert_bear

This is a match I believe we cannot afford to lose or even draw, not necessarily for play off reasons but the fans, patience with the manager is getting thinner

Otis

Would very much assume that if we start losing tonight the boos will very much ring out for sure.

Captain Dart

Should TM be sacked?

He won't be sacked, but will be next season if it turns bad at the New Year like this one has.

Otis

That would be 9 losses out of 13. :(
Yep. Got to be comparable to some of our worst runs I would have thought. Even worse coming from a team we thought were in with a great shout of going up this year.

Esoterica

This year will still be effecting crowds next year, even if we are top at Christmas. I think this season will have already burnt bridges with the 'on the fence' fans who will just keep referencing the middlesboro collapses and 'this year' as a reason not to go. With Joy's recent required attendance revision and reservations from our long suffering fans next season's budget might make grim reading and yet another slog of a season.

CCFC88

Needs to be given until Christmas at least, has already made a handful of promising signings for next season, yes this season has gone to sh$t but I want to see how we progress under him. I think I could probably name 5/6 of the team I would expect to see start in August, when was the last time we could say that in March? Stability is key, something we have not had for an awful long time.

RCC
Lorentzon Martin Reda(possibly) Stokes
Jones Vincelot ??????? ?????
???????? ????????

Solid base for a team there, a couple of exciting loan signings and some kids pushing the first team (G Thomas/Sambou/Lawton), let the man work.

Otis

We need a 20 goal a season striker. We also need an excellent playmaker. Will that be the Bulgarian? Who knows.

Having failed this time, I think it will be hard to convince the fair-weather fans that it is going to be any different next time.

Think we were all carried along by the top of the league thing, where we looked destined for great things.

The alarming failure and ultimate slide is going to have many a fan lacking belief next season.

Nick

Administrator
I think a lot will depend on where the club and ceo Anderson want to be and what they intend to do to get there

But I don't think Mowbray is in such a good position as he was last summer is he? Although no doubt it will all be the owners, investment etc etc rather than the manager.

pusbccfc

He won't be sacked, but that isn't to say he shouldn't be.

Captain Dart

One thing strikes me about TM/MV is that they have a medium term plan to build a team, whereas previous managers lived hand to mouth.

They have a far more professional approach, but it can only work if given a bit of time to come to fruition.

There is no guaranteed success in Football, at best you can splash the cash with a competent manager in charge, but even that approach has been known to fail.

LB87ccfc

Sacked and bring who in exactly? Everyone rose eyebrows when Adkins went Sheffield United look how there doing on a bigger budget?

Every manager / team has a loss of form, and goes on bad runs, too many loans are who's fault here?

TM has been awfully unlucky with injuries this season, and made a fatal error not bringing in like for like replacement for Kent keeping the same dynamic of the team, once we lost that thrust and energy, able to bring pace on after 60 minutes, teams sussed us out and Armstrong becoming isolated.

However he has not become a bad manager over night and needs time to put his plan in place, in which we are already looking towards the future bringing in our own players for once.

skybluegod

No, if we lose tonight there is no chance of promotion, but wouldn't sack TM, our team is a lot weaker now than it was at the start of the Season IMO.

Loss of Willis, Reda, Turner, Stokes, Kent (still believe this had a bigger effect than realised) and JOB- only to have been replaced by, Hunt, Stephens (not a bad player but isn't reda), Lorentzson (taken too long to get fit), Ramage. We just don't have the same dynamic to the squad, i think we have been very unlucky with injuries and while it isn't an excuse for how bad we have been. If you take into account those first four players to have been lost through injury. That's a very good defence for League one.
Give TM another bite at the cherry, if we fail next year, he's out of contract anyway.

skybluetony176

We wont lose tonight, my youngest is coming along and they always win when she goes. She's been once and they won, that's a 100% win record folks :)

skybluetony176

The only reason Dean Smith could do what he did at Walsall was because he was given the time. 2011/12 season finished 19th, 2012/13 season finished 9th, 2013/14 season finished 13th. With that record the experts on here wouldn't have given him enough time to achieve what he had achieved this season before leaving for Brentford.

Forgot 2014/15 season. Walsall finnished 14th.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

As we know football is a results business and ours have been abysmal haven't they ? So if we do continue to self implode as we are doing I can see Mogga being sacked,or he will probably go at the end of the season by resigning. But we could go on a winning run and sneak back in to the play offs ? As Greavsie once said: Football,it's a funny old game !

Paxman II

Good grief no. Calm down dears. You may have egg on your faces if we still scrape a play off berth.

He rescued this club from a seemingly dire situation at the end of last season. He has implemented many changes behind the scenes that has been fundamental in our much improved season and set us up for future seasons and a way forward, re-instilling the ethos at the football club that was lacking. Rome was not built in a day folks.
We all maybe got carried away with promotion thoughts and that's why we seem so negative now. But while loss of form has been dramatic for a while (while a win away, draw at home and defeat away suggest that's leveled out some what) we must surely believe we have one of the best managers around for this level? TM probably has a good assessment of league 1 now and a good manager is always on the front foot thinking of next season.
If we don't make a play off place which looks less likely now, then I'm at least very optimistic about a great season next year.

Users who are viewing this thread