If we go down will Mowbray go down as one of our worst ever managers? (2 Viewers)

Paxman II

I was behind the dug out at Fleetwood too. cov kid 55 is absolutely right. What I saw and commented on b4 was how Oggy was coaching with clipboard in hand seemingly making all the decisions.
I hate to say it again but Oggy has been our only constant at the club during our abject failures. Perhaps he has too much influence? Could he be a large part of our demise? You appoint TM for his skill set not for him to delegate to Oggy who has never managed. Just a thought.

steve82

I was behind the dug out at Fleetwood too. cov kid 55 is absolutely right. What I saw and commented on b4 was how Oggy was coaching with clipboard in hand seemingly making all the decisions.
I hate to say it again but Oggy has been our only constant at the club during our abject failures. Perhaps he has too much influence? Could he be a large part of our demise? You appoint TM for his skill set not for him to delegate to Oggy who has never managed. Just a thought.

On that day at Fleetwood I only heard/seen him "coaching" RCC and brief the subs during the game.

Otis

So markijg him down for being better than rest of our managers. Hmmm

Also left in october. He will not be reason we go down.
Leaving in October has nothing to do with it though. It's the squad he left behind that was unfit for this league.

That is why he will hold a large proportion of blame.

stevefloyd

Mowbray recruited this season... he brought in shite players not fit to wear the shirt... he brought in Venus not fit to be near a team... he failed badly this season... he walked this season ...yep you're right what a hero he is, in the realms of CCFC he done us proud

Otis

Mowbray recruited this season... he brought in shite players not fit to wear the shirt... he brought in Venus not fit to be near a team... he failed badly this season... he walked this season ...yep you're right what a hero he is, in the realms of CCFC he done us proud
If he was still here we would be top 4 by now.

covcity4life

Very good assessment... I sat near the dug outs at Fleetwood that day. Think he only got up off the bench twice. JC was the only vocal one that day. TM looked beat.

what did slade do on touchline during our defeat to fleetwood this saturday gone?

covcity4life

They probably do if you go back in time. Mowbray is still relevant as he was a manager this season.

Don't ever underestimate the hyperbole of SBT posters.

you can see otis has already obsolved slade of any blame if we go down even though he would have had HALF a season compared to mowbrays 2 months

Moff

If we go down I think in years to come we will speak of Mowbray and just the mention of his name will leave us all thinking very negatively.

Yes. To be honest though I don't think there's a manger for years that we wont feel negative about. It ties in with the appalling way the club has been run over the past twenty odd years or so.

shy_tall_knight

Back in 87 although Sillett was the manager a lot of credit goes to Bobby Gould who although left over 2 years earlier provided the
nucleus of that team

Otis

you can see otis has already obsolved slade of any blame if we go down even though he would have had HALF a season compared to mowbrays 2 months
Yes, I DEFINITELY absolved Slade of any blame at all.

Just bump that post for me where I said that please.

Thanks.

Grendel

mowbray managed to keep us up when he came in for pressley

if slades not good enough to do the same that is also mowbrays fault?

brillaint

We weren't anchored to the bottom when Mowbray took over and losing games and shipping goals for fun to the same level we are now. We'd just drawn against sheff Utd.

Also Hockaday signed stokes which was pivitol in our survival as it meant Haynes could be removed from the team.

We had just slipped into the bottom four and was still in the bottom 4 half way through the seasons final game. The improvement was marginal and we still hardly won st home on his take over.

covcity4life

mowbray had 10 league games. 6 draws?

we were bottom but not anchored there

infact venus got us away from bottom 4 in 2 weeks or so? if slades got it bad its cost of venus disastrous losing run afterwards

Otis

you have said mowbray will be responsible for us being relegated.
Go on then, bump that one.

Oops, you can't. Never said it. Never said HE is solely responsible. I have talked of him shouldering a large proportion of the blame. That is not saying he is responsible, like it is just him.

It is obviously not just him, but he has been a major factor. He and Venus are responsible for assembling a very poor squad of players.

Get over it. ;)

covcity4life

stop hiding from what you said because everyone has told you how dumb it is

you said he will be to heavily blame for relegation and thus gets worst manage ever tag

which is bs cos he managed 10 games and only lost 4 of them. we were not adrift or anything. even a shit manager like venus got us out of top 4 easily. it was when mowbrays influence wore off and venus became main man that team lost lost lost and thats wow we are now adrift

slade has come in. used 4 or 5 players mowbray didnt and not made a difference. its not just a summer recruitment thing.

mowbray had a poor start
venus was a poor manager
slade has had a poor start

slade wont be gone after 10 games though so hopefully he can put form together and get us out of this just like mowbray would have imo.

blueflint

If you look at the stats most managers actually have very similar records and hover around the 32 - 34% win margin.

Mowbrays record is comparable to the likes of Neal and Reid - it's almost a mirror image of Pressley - a big high followed by a crashing low - but Pressley achieved his high in far more trying circumstances.

The fact is Mowbray is an experienced manager and has experienced big slumps in form before so you'd think he would have learnt from those experiences.

His permenant signing record is very very poor.

Lameries
Cole
Reid
Henderson
Ramage
Ghadzev
Jones
Bigiramana
Fortune
Turnbull

These are a few examples. Only Vincelot was a success.

He refused to address the goalkeeping situation.

His summer decision making showed the plot had been lost (really most owners would have dumped him by February). Tudgay, a player never used the prior season, was retained along with Ricketts who clearly had lost his legs. Phillips and Martin were no great shakes but were league 1 players and they were let go. Bigiramana was retained after an abysmal showing in most games under his loan spell.

No one can get away from the stark fact we were top in November and collapsed. No one can get away from the fact that big bad Joy Seppalla has, to my knowledge, not owned clubs where this had previously been his Achilles heel.

The likes of Pressley, Neal and Reid operated under equally difficult circumstances (check mcginnity and his asset stripping when Reid arrived) and performed at the same level.

He failed spectacularly. He is obviously not the worst but when he looks behind him the queue is disappointingly small.

was he allowed to get the players in that he wanted or was he forced to take second best i don't know and neither do you

Nick

Administrator
was he allowed to get the players in that he wanted or was he forced to take second best i don't know and neither do you

He was a league 1 manager, he has admitted himself he was aiming too high for players. He had no plan B.

Otis

stop hiding from what you said because everyone has told you how dumb it is

you said he will be to heavily blame for relegation and thus gets worst manage ever tag

which is bs cos he managed 10 games and only lost 4 of them. we were not adrift or anything. even a shit manager like venus got us out of top 4 easily. it was when mowbrays influence wore off and venus became main man that team lost lost lost and thats wow we are now adrift

slade has come in. used 4 or 5 players mowbray didnt and not made a difference. its not just a summer recruitment thing.

mowbray had a poor start
venus was a poor manager
slade has had a poor start

slade wont be gone after 10 games though so hopefully he can put form together and get us out of this just like mowbray would have imo.
You have been found out. Quoting stuff I didn't even say. Ha! ;)

Choose your words more wisely next time.

covcity4life

You have been found out. Quoting stuff I didn't even say. Ha! ;)

Choose your words more wisely next time.

this thread has been a monumental disaster for you. large majority disagree with your dumb shit views.

stop posting for the sake of your post count.

CCFC88

Slade has had a tough start, played 4 of the current top 10 in his first five and have been competitive against 3 of them, 3 90+ minute goals moved a possible 7 point tally to a 2 point tally, all whilst having to completely rebuild a team.

It hasn't been pretty, its been downright ugly, but we tried to play pretty football last January and look where that got us. We have been competitive, apart from the 5-0 win at Crewe last year, in matches this January than we were last January.

Otis

this thread has been a monumental disaster for you. large majority disagree with your dumb shit views.

stop posting for the sake of your post count.
Please, please block me, as you threatened to.

Would make my day.

You are a complete loon. ;)

How is the thread a disaster? I asked what other fans thought. I didn't proclaim anything as fact. Just wanted to know if we went down would Mowbray join the ranks of worst manager.

Now, are you going to block me or not? I have asked nicely. ;)

covcity4life

cc4l has been shown up in the Boxing and NFL thread recently, as soon as that happens he disappears into the night

excuse me? everyone can go read that nfl thread and see how you fucked up and then stopped replying.

actually for those that cant be assed he said greenbay were not the best of chasing pack,aaron rodgers not one of best qb of all time and gb would lose as soon as they went on the road

*gb made the semi finals, chasing pack all out before this
*ar won 8 in a row and many pundits called him best ever,troy aikmen said he took quaterbacking to its highest height ever
*gb beat highest seed dallas.....away

hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread