If we get promoted (1 Viewer)

covboy9

Putting aside financial and ground issues, do you think SISU would strengthen the squad? as good as we are we would be whipping boys in the championship, the gap between the leagues is huge now

Sky Blue Kid

I don't see them "Buying"....possibly "Loans" or "Free's" and yes, we would be "The whipping Boys" in the Championship. Of course, we'd have to stay out of "Embargo's"

Sky Blue Kid

@ Skybluerevolution (Pt2)...........So you think they would? Nearly 7 years in charge and nothing of note been done. Why change a habit of a lifetime!!! Lmfao!!!

Sky Blue Kid

@ Skybluerevolution (Pt2)...........I merely reiterated what the OP said.....Funny it was my post you had a go at though..eh!

@ Skybluerevolution (Pt2)...........So you think they would? Nearly 7 years in charge and nothing of note been done. Why change a habit of a lifetime!!! Lmfao!!!

tell you what lets forget the investment into the club that has kept it alive, lets forget they have admitted they made mistakes by getting relegated etc...lets forget they have given SP everything he has asked for....lets forget that football is a business and players get bought and sold, we sold players when in the Prem, whats changed apart from us being in League 1?? nothing of note has been done? I would say lots have been done mate - some good most not so good, I cant say if they would invest BUT nor can you say they would not - if we get promoted they are one step away from realizing their investment JS will have some thing to sell if we got to the PL - Norwich, Southampton all went up from L1 to Prem, with a team that got used to winning together...we are starting to get a team in this mold - would they not invest and go for it? we will have to see but to get promoted and then relegated I am sure is not in their business model. I am not a SISU lover but a realist and at this moment they are the owners of the team I support without them at this monent if they left we would be fooked....its about time you and others on here woke up to this fact, every thread turns into is a bash SISU thread - very boring now!!

Astute

tell you what lets forget the investment into the club that has kept it alive, lets forget they have admitted they made mistakes by getting relegated etc...lets forget they have given SP everything he has asked for....lets forget that football is a business and players get bought and sold, we sold players when in the Prem, whats changed apart from us being in League 1?? nothing of note has been done? I would say lots have been done mate - some good most not so good, I cant say if they would invest BUT nor can you say they would not - if we get promoted they are one step away from realizing their investment JS will have some thing to sell if we got to the PL - Norwich, Southampton all went up from L1 to Prem, with a team that got used to winning together...we are starting to get a team in this mold - would they not invest and go for it? we will have to see but to get promoted and then relegated I am sure is not in their business model. I am not a SISU lover but a realist and at this moment they are the owners of the team I support without them at this monent if they left we would be fooked....its about time you and others on here woke up to this fact, every thread turns into is a bash SISU thread - very boring now!!

Stopped reading as soon as I got to the highlighted bit. Elvis has said he would love it if we were at the Ricoh. He said the players would love to be playing at the Ricoh. Joy has taken us away from there. She could also easily take us back if she wanted to. She could easily take us back if she wanted to give Elvis what he wants.

SkyblueBazza

Putting aside financial and ground issues, do you think SISU would strengthen the squad? as good as we are we would be whipping boys in the championship, the gap between the leagues is huge now

1. We are not even 1/3 way through the season yet
2. Need revenue to bring in players...unless we bring them in at a much lower wage than the ones we would have to sell to fund any purchases

Sky Blue Kid

Funny that!!!! You replied to me, when I never asked YOU a question??? and the "SISU bashing" wouldn't be the same as people like yourself, summerisle, Grenduffy, Torchy, "Bashing ACL" would it?

italiahorse

1. We are not even 1/3 way through the season yet
2. Need revenue to bring in players...unless we bring them in at a much lower wage than the ones we would have to sell to fund any purchases

We have to do that now anyway because they have not filed the accounts.
You have no way of knowing what Pressley has asked for. He would have been given a budget to work too and it is certainly less than last years.

Astute

We were crap when we went down. Bristol City are crap now they have come down. So is closer than you think.

Stopped reading as soon as I got to the highlighted bit. Elvis has said he would love it if we were at the Ricoh. He said the players would love to be playing at the Ricoh. Joy has taken us away from there. She could also easily take us back if she wanted to. She could easily take us back if she wanted to give Elvis what he wants.

I Stopped reading when I got the highlighted bit...shit nickname.

Funny that!!!! You replied to me, when I never asked YOU a question??? and the "SISU bashing" wouldn't be the same as people like yourself, summerisle, Grenduffy, Torchy, "Bashing ACL" would it?

no but you replied to my post - you are right about one thing, you are a kid - stop wasting my time.

And if you did any research on our manager you would know that he likes being called Elvis and also called his son Aaron :)

He likes being called Elvis? where did you read that? yes his son is called Aaron, yes it's Elvis Presley middle name and??? and his dog is called old shep!!

Sky Blue Kid

@ Skybluerevolution (Pt2)........people like yourself, summerisle, Grenduffy, Torchy, "Bashing ACL" would it?...You forgot about me being right about this, and the only person wasting time, is you, and the shit that you chat mate.

letsallsingtogether

So I take it that the 10% discount for saying SISU OUT has now stopped at the Establishment?

cofastreecity

No chance, they will be selling players in January as losing £3m p.a is not sustainable. You cannot forget the ground issue as this is what generates the cash

hill83

4B6KU26.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Of course SISU would strengthen the squad! They've done that for the last 2 seasons, I don't think we'll go mad spending millions, but I think SP would be sensible with any budget he's given.

If we did get promoted, I don't think we would be 'whipping boys' because our team will only get better because it is young and inexperienced, players like: Christie, J.Clarke, Willis, Adams, Thomas, Fleck, Barton, Lobjoit, Moussa, Garner, Wilson, Manset will only improve over time. We'd have to strengthen, no doubt about it, but the notion we'd be 'whipping boys' is similar to what people were saying before the season 'we're relegation candidates'.

Of course SISU would strengthen the squad! They've done that for the last 2 seasons, I don't think we'll go mad spending millions

Agree with the last part of this. Not sure about the first part. In my opinion, SISU have just got lucky that a decent bunch of kids have progressed through the academy at
the same time that they have cut the wage earners. It has worked, and I for one am chuffed to bits that it has. But, this is unlikely to be a sustainable source of success (yet, still I hope it is). Fair play to the footballing side of players and coaches. For those right at the top - I'll reserve judgement to January before deciding on strategic decisions re: playing staff. PUSB and no injuries, suspensions.

stupot07

Pressley would strengthen, but we'd still struggle and be a lower midtable team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

The Gentleman

Of course SISU would strengthen the squad! They've done that for the last 2 seasons, I don't think we'll go mad spending millions, but I think SP would be sensible with any budget he's given.

If we did get promoted, I don't think we would be 'whipping boys' because our team will only get better because it is young and inexperienced, players like: Christie, J.Clarke, Willis, Adams, Thomas, Fleck, Barton, Lobjoit, Moussa, Garner, Wilson, Manset will only improve over time. We'd have to strengthen, no doubt about it, but the notion we'd be 'whipping boys' is similar to what people were saying before the season 'we're relegation candidates'.

You say "of course they would strengthen the squad", losing more players than we have gained is to my mind not strengthening when some of those players would be more than capable of doing a good job at this level. Is Jordan Clarke not a perfect example of this. This is not a bash Sisu post but can you really say they have been a success or taken us forward. Are we not now playing our homes games 30 odd miles away to around 2k people. Surely even the ardent Sisu fan would have some trepidation on what would happen to us if we went up and how Sisu would act based on what they have done for us so far.

Sky Blue Harry H

Which they have continued to fund, no?

Also, the team* at the minute, only Baker and Murphy hasn't been signed in the last 3 windows, which accounts for 5 starters: Webster, Adams, Moussa, Fleck, L.Clarke so best CB, best CM and best ST (Leon edges it on track record), then there's a couple of signed players on the bench, Manset as Barton.

Your assumption that SISU merely 'got lucky' is an irrational response. SISU have backed the team and youth academy financially, and are reaping the rewards. It's just a shame that resources were wasted by Thorn.

*Excluding academy players

My assertion that SISU got lucky with the current bunch of kids that have come through the academy is not irrational. It is merely an observation that City have been lucky (and I thank the football gods for it) that we have had a decent crop come through at the same time. It just happens like that at a club (excepting the Arsenals of this world) from time to time. Please don't think I am wishing to knock the fortunes of the team or players, but to think this academy infusion is a mastermind policy by SISU to me seems irrational, too. They frankly don't have much option, with their 'cutting off the nose to spite the face' decision regarding Sixfields. May we get promoted, and all be happy together, but for pity's sake - get us back in Coventry so we can just talk about football and not sustainability and hedge funds.

The Gentleman

You're trying to defend your opinion as rational, then thanking the 'football Gods' for our success!? Comical.

Actually, closing the academy, which was considered would've saved around 700k p/a which an asset-stripping owner would've done, but they haven't and have funded the academy which has produced good players, even after Christie, Clarke, Thomas, Wilson coming through, people like Phillips, Willis, Rankin, Maddison and others (the latter 2 the club have high hopes for)are coming through (in a couple of years) so clearly, nothing lucky about it, academy is being funded which is finding, nurturing therefore producing players for the 1st team, the purpose of an academy, so yes, SISU deserves credit, not to is irrational and naïve.

Sisu had to back the academy because where else would they get the majority of our players from, especially with the effects of FFP soon to kick in. You talk of Sisu deserving credit but for what, if they didn't we would be well and truly fucked and of course we are producing good young talent, we are a city of around 300k so we are bound to find a few. But tell me this, if it is such a good academy and Sisu are doing such a good job with it, why are parents trying to get their kids kids into Villa or Villa are just poaching them.

Warwickhunt

I have watched quite few championship games and our current team would not struggle in that league

dongonzalos

Someone has suggested they were told by a source that if we are in with a shout of promotion that SISU will try to not sell anyone.
That they will not sell for league one values as they feel this squad is better than that.

This tells me that they think this squad is good enough for the championship.

At the moment they are funding approximately 2 million in lost revenue than they would get at the Ricoh.
They then have the cost of the football club on top. So I am guessing 4-6 million to run Cov for a season in league one at Sixfields ( including the two million)

Ms Sepalla has said promotion is the aim as we get 5 million pounds of extra income.

I would hazard a guess that if they think this is a championship class squad. Coupled with the above figures. We will get one or two free transfers.

They will then hope to stay in the championship at Sixfields with the club nearly paying for itself whilst turning the screw on ACL.

The Gentleman

What do they deserve credit for!? Funding the academy, and keeping it open in the first place! Our academy was under threat of being closed when SISU first came in, and was, at the time, a very attractive option to close it, as it would've saved 700k p/a c.

That might have something to with Villa being in the Premiership? They have a better academy, more funds etc.

Clearly the academy is doing a great job, we have many graduates, 4 of which start, and a few more on the bench, not a common occurrence in English football lately. Premier League clubs are scouting the team to look at our players, we heard Stoke were after Willis and Christie, the latest prem club linked with Christie, Spurs, last season, Newcastle signed Bigi, 2 seasons before that Liverpool signed Thomas on loan, with a view to a permanent, and his future lies way beyond us if we fail to get promoted in the next few year. Wilson will no doubt have Championship teams sniffing around. I'm sorry, but what CCFC, which involves everyone, boardroom to management has achieved is fantastic, and a model to follow (on the field!!!) it's one area where you cannot fault them. Unless you're driven by anti-SISU dogma.

You obviously like the sound of your own voice (or handwriting in this case),where did I say that we didn't didn't produce good players. In fact if you actually read it again I say that we are producing good talent which for the size of our city isn't unusual. What I was saying that if they didn't back the academy then where would we be now ? you talk like this is the first time we have had a good academy and its the best young players we've produced. Before Sisu we have won it once and been runners up 4 times and the last two times were when we were supposed to be in shit street financially 1999 & 2000 I think but we still managed to produce good young players.

shmmeee

Pressley would strengthen, but we'd still struggle and be a lower midtable team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

If were at Sixfields I'd agree with you. Go up on the back of 20k+ crowds and we could easily get playoffs in iur first season up on goodwill and adrenaline alone. We'd still need to buy a couple in, but the Championship isn't anyway near as hard as some make out, barring a couple of teams it's mostly whoever is in form, hence promoted teams doing so well.

Users who are viewing this thread