If Wasps get all of the Ricoh..... (1 Viewer)

Bill Glazier

... would CCC still object to ccfc building a new stadium inside the city boundary? I can't see why it would but has anyone asked the question?

Samo

I fucking hate CCC

Astute

The land must be available first. Then you need the road infrastructure to be able to cope. Residents action groups?

Which is a big reason why the Ricoh was built where it was. But if the Ricoh is for egg chasing then it shouldn't be a reason for not having a football ground. The biggest problem would be who is going to build a football ground.

Sbarcher

It would bee a sting in the tail if they hived it off.

CCFC PimpRail

Traffic disruption is the council's problem and wouldn't necessarily stand in the way of any proposals- traffic was the residents argument against building a new school at the playing fields on Hollyfast Road in Coundon, and despite a 80yr old covernant on the land, the developers lawyers still turned that around to the detriment of local residents.

Astute

Traffic disruption is the council's problem and wouldn't necessarily stand in the way of any proposals- traffic was the residents argument against building a new school at the playing fields on Hollyfast Road in Coundon, and despite a 80yr old covernant on the land, the developers lawyers still turned that around to the detriment of local residents.

What would the main problems have been on taking over the speedway stadium?

Yes the road and nearby residents.

italiahorse

What you think about the council considering selling off Coombe Abbey to raise money?

I don't think Councils should run businesses so its a good idea to sell it (At the market value)

They are always inefficient when they are using other peoples money to run a business.
I'm also up for privatisation of things like refuse collection.

italiahorse

It's not like they put in a serious effort...the main problem is not having £25mil for a stadium.

Just the payments on that would equate to over £1M a year over 25 years.
All maintenance of the stadium would be on top of that.

SISU stop this stadium nonsense and work on a good rental agreement at the Ricoh. It works at Swansea.

ccfcdale

As an outsider who doesn't live in the coventry area am I allowed to say the council are cunts?

Bill Glazier

I don't think Councils should run businesses so its a good idea to sell it (At the market value)

They are always inefficient when they are using other peoples money to run a business.
I'm also up for privatisation of things like refuse collection.

Are they more inefficient than Sisu have been? Could anyone be? I don't see why councils shouldn't be very involved in local sports teams. It's good for local business and the general well-being of an area. We've all been brain-washed into this 'public sector bad - private sector good' rubbish for too long now. Local ownership of clubs works very well in Europe. It's not something that should be dismissed.

letsallsingtogether

Are they more inefficient than Sisu have been? Could anyone be? I don't see why councils shouldn't be very involved in local sports teams. It's good for local business and the general well-being of an area. We've all been brain-washed into this 'public sector bad - private sector good' rubbish for too long now. Local ownership of clubs works very well in Europe. It's not something that should be dismissed.

Correct but it is the Public sector of this argument that are the problem, that is due to their type of business.

Gazolba

... would CCC still object to ccfc building a new stadium inside the city boundary? I can't see why it would but has anyone asked the question?

Why would it matter? Wasps play on Sunday, CCFC on Saturday. Sharing a stadium seeme like the best deal for both parties.

Sky_Blue_Ste

Why would it matter? Wasps play on Sunday, CCFC on Saturday. Sharing a stadium seeme like the best deal for both parties.

Because CCFC wouldn't have the income from the Stadium as a whole & all the other events held there to give them more of a budget under financial fair play

At least this is the argument that Fisher keeps going back to. We need more income to spend more is SISU's whole argument - whether you believe them or not is a different matter

Sbarcher

If Wasps get 100% then I will look forward to the port and venison pie at half time.

Nick

Administrator
Barry Venison ?

Mullet Pie:

barry-venison_284671.jpg

Sbarcher

Well, if you want to eat him......

Users who are viewing this thread