If Wasps get all of the Ricoh..... (1 Viewer)

Bill Glazier

would CCC still object to ccfc building a new stadium inside the city boundary? I can't see why it would but has anyone asked the question?

chiefdave

Assuming there was a suitable site I can't see what justification CCC could use for not fully supporting any application.

Ashdown

SISU the London based hedge fund won't build a new stadium, not next year, next decade or next fucking millennium !

ccfcway

if wasps get the stadium, CCFC want to build a new stadium

if CCFC get 50% of the stadium, CCFC want to build a new stadium

when 100% of Ricoh was for sale, CCFC wanted to build a new stadium

italiahorse

would CCC still object to ccfc building a new stadium inside the city boundary? I can't see why it would but has anyone asked the question?

Assuming there was a suitable site I can't see what justification CCC could use for not fully supporting any application.

They would be better off getting a good rent deal at the Ricoh, getting their arse into gear and getting out this league.

stupot07

They would be better off getting a good rent deal at the Ricoh, getting their arse into gear and getting out this league.

What happens when you get out of this league? Given that championship clubs agreed to change the FFP rules to allow extra losses? We'd pretty much have the bottom 2-3 turnover in the championship - what's your expectations then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Don't think it's that easy, otherwise brentford would have ok'd Wasp's application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

What happens when you get out of this league? Given that championship clubs agreed to change the FFP rules to allow extra losses? We'd pretty much have the bottom 2-3 turnover in the championship - what's your expectations then?

Wouldn't that all depend upon what deal was struck between us and ACL? If for example we got all matchday revenue all we'd lose compared to other teams would be non matchday revenue. How much are we talking about there? Most other clubs like have anything like the facilities at the Ricoh and will therefore have lower non matchday revenue.

Of course in an ideal world we'd own the Ricoh but we don't so the option now is rent or build a new stadium. If we build a new stadium how much additional revenue are we going to have to generate to offset the cost of financing it.

Haigha

If SISU actually wants to build a stadium, I suspect the real problem it will experience is that it will never be able to identify what CCC will concede is a 'suitable' site. :(

One only has to look at how IKEA took almost 6 years to find a site in the Coventry area that was deemed 'suitable' by CCC to get some understanding of the difficulty SISU faces.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

What have SISU done in the last 7 years to demonstrate that they have the will, or the financial ability or the organisational skills to deliver a new stadium. Organisation the Stadium Consultative Group a few fancy diagrams won't convince me.

letsallsingtogether

But the are no sites available in Coventry of the size sisu want.
So they will have to build outside the city in an area that will need good road or rail and public transport.

Rusty Trombone

I reckon higher turnover and profit (or rather lower losses) would be achieved renting at the Ricoh compared to any new ground. Renting is the best thing for us at the moment.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Nothing just carry on as they always have, so really don't need that much money.
Plenty more freebies out there.

mds

There should be no objections, its the council, fully in support of the local teams and community. You find the site you can build your ground, its all good for the council. They are the good the bad and the ugly all rolled into one, they will be heros when they give Sisu planning permission.
Im a cynical fucker and right now nothing would surprise me either way.

Tonylinc

Have we all forgotten our manners? We have a new member in this thread and yet nobody has welcomed him so :welcome: Haigha!

Users who are viewing this thread