If the worst happens? (1 Viewer)

Would you continue 100% support?

• Total voters
Just out of interest if the worst happened and CCFC ever did get relegated, would you stop going? Would you stop buying a season ticket and just go to occasional matches?

The reason I ask this is I was wondering how much it would hurt SISU in the pocket? Obviously tickets sold would be at a lesser value and attendances would likely drop.

What's your take?

CovScott88

My passion, commitment and love for Coventry City will never waiver, regardless of what happens in the future.
Once a Sky Blue, always a Sky Blue.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Bottom line is its my team - out of choice they would be Premiership Champions playing in Europe but they are not. Never want to see them relegated but if they are of course I will continue to support them. My support doesnt come with the caveat of "only if"

smileycov

Facebook User
Seems a no brainer to me. I love my club, owners will come and go, we pray and hope for the best but support whatever happens and whoever owns them really

Dinyull

SISU want out by the end of the season anyway, or at least that's when they plan to stop funing us.

Relegation would never stop me though.

I got news, SISU aint going anywhere this season kids. They believe that they are in a fantastic position come the fair play rules next season. Remember they are only in it for the money. Sell GB? No chance I bet he's only on £500 a week. How else will they get players on such low wages.

The Reverend Skyblue

As i am coming back later this year, i will be definately getting a season ticket next season.I would even if we were in the Conference North/South.
The match day experience is so special and you don't realise how special it is until you have'nt done it for ages,like myself.

The Rev

Gray

any way if we went down we might win a few more matches...........or maybe not:(

pusbccfc

I would commit and renew, at all costs.
Think roughly around 8000 a week

Changeyourface

I don't have a season ticket at the moment and won't be getting one next year. However I'd still follow Cov home & away no matter what. Anyway if we went down, at least we'd get some quality away days!

I don't have a season ticket at the moment and won't be getting one next year. However I'd still follow Cov home & away no matter what. Anyway if we went down, at least we'd get some quality away days!

Do you go to all the matches? If so just wondering why you don't have a ST?

rob9872

I would renew but we're not a fair representation of the support on here, so any poll like this would be distorted. The casual supporters are the ones who make the difference and by it's nature a forum like this will attract a lot of diehards which I imagine most of us consider ourselves to be.

skybluebeduff

Jimmy Hill never gave up until we hit the promise land and neither will I. Why? Because I'm CITY TILL I DIE!!! PUSB

dutchman

Coventry City were in the third tier (at that time "League Division Three") when I first saw them play so I can't see how being back in the third tier would make any difference to my loyalties?

Even if they were in the fourth tier they would still be my 'local' team.

The Reverend Skyblue

If everyone renews next season,and i but my first season ticket since eons ago,then our attendance would go up by one.
Surely investers looking at that fact,that a team that has got relegated but there attendance actually goes up ,even though it's just by one, then they must think gosh this is where i want my investment to go.
I've made it sound a lot more complicated than it is,but you get my point,don't you !!

The Rev

If everyone renews next season,and i but my first season ticket since eons ago,then our attendance would go up by one.
Surely investers looking at that fact,that a team that has got relegated but there attendance actually goes up ,even though it's just by one, then they must think gosh this is where i want my investment to go.
I've made it sound a lot more complicated than it is,but you get my point,don't you !!

The Rev

errmm???????

rob9872

I think he means that we should try to get relegetaed again and again because by the time we get to conference level we could be filling the place :D

Godiva

After all those years, how could I stop supporting? I didn't stop when we were relegated 10 years ago, so I can't see me stop should we go further down.

The Reverend Skyblue

I told you i made it sound complicated.
My point being that if a club gets relegated but there gates increase,surely it shows how devoted the crowds are, and just think if we get into the Prem,can you imagine what the demand would be !
Thats sounds like a decent investment to me.
I've nearly lost myself making this point,so be kind to me and just say, yes what a good point Rev

The Rev

rob9872

Good point Rev :)

SkyblueSavage

I survived one relegation and made it through... Another one, two, three or four won't phase me. For my sins I am proud of the heritage that I share with thousands of others and I am proud that the heritage is Sky Blue. I'm proud that twice we achieved the unthinkable by first making it to the top flight and then by winning the FA Cup. I'm proud we held onto our status for so long and I'm also proud that we have been so progressive in the way football in this country is perceived. I am proud of Highfield Road and The Ricoh. I'm proud that a lot of us still wear "The Ugliest Ever Football Shirt".

Above all I'm proud to be a part of of this club and to be counted amongst it's supporters.

Give up my Sky Blues because we're in a lesser league?.. Not a single chance.

frishnit1979

I'd still be there if we were to be relegated: who else could I support? City are my team, regardless of whether they're any good or not!

Users who are viewing this thread