If the worst came to the worst??? (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

And either you couldn't stomach giving anymore money to the hedge fund or were not prepared to travel outside of Coventry for home games...............how would you fill your Saturdays?? Personally I like a stack of sports, so depending on the season I'd play golf or cricket or watch Cov Rugby or go to different Horse racing tracks. I couldn't watch another league football team that's for sure !!

Sub

i would try to spend more time trying to play golf and training for marathons

Last edited:

KersleyDigs

I have been watching my local team St Albans in the Evo Stick league. Probably carry on next year unless SISU have gone.

ajsccfc

I'd try to find a forum with a penchant for the dramatic to match this one. There must be a RADA one that comes close.

pusbccfc

Support Cov Sphinx

Mucca Mad Boys

I can't stomach that whenever fans buy F&B at CCFC home games, it goes to ACL, oh well.

I love it when people say transfers etc. 'line SISU's pockets', does it? SISU as a business has been losing money since taking us over, largely because of the costs of keeping CCFC afloat even before playing staff can be signed. They thought they could make profit with us, failed, and are losing money. When we go to games, we don't hand money over SISU, well, technically we do, but that money has to go straight back into the club one way or the other, so I disagree with this quote "either you couldn't stomach giving anymore money to the hedge fund".

Otis

It's a toss up between Leicester and Villa I would have thought.

Leicester might be just a little easier to get to. They also play in blue and have 'City' in their name, so it won't be too drastic a switch I would have thought.

*Sorry Nick. That is probably another 10 users you have just lost. ;)

RoboCCFC90

For me it's no contest, I would travel wherever to see the City!!

Ashdown1

I can't stomach that whenever fans buy F&B at CCFC home games, it goes to ACL, oh well.

I love it when people say transfers etc. 'line SISU's pockets', does it? SISU as a business has been losing money since taking us over, largely because of the costs of keeping CCFC afloat even before playing staff can be signed. They thought they could make profit with us, failed, and are losing money. When we go to games, we don't hand money over SISU, well, technically we do, but that money has to go straight back into the club one way or the other, so I disagree with this quote "either you couldn't stomach giving anymore money to the hedge fund".

Can you explain why there was a £12 million administration charge levied against CCFC in the last accounts and why we are informed that the debt grew from £43 million in January to £60 million at the court case in March??

Walking Bird

Seeing as I spend most of my time in Rugby I'd go watch Rugby Town marching through the EvoStick Leagues. £8 in ,nice little Club House £1.50 a pint during happy hour & you can take your beer out onto the terraces for the match.

Ashdown1

And puff, just like magic 'Sky Blue Taylor' vanishes when asked a straightforward question about the loading of debt against the football club by his beloved hedge fund !!

Big_Ben

And puff, just like magic 'Sky Blue Taylor' vanishes when asked a straightforward question about the loading of debt against the football club by his beloved hedge fund !!

If it's that straightforward, why don't you enlighten us with the answer, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to know.

North York’s Blue

Apart from save a shed load of money on my season ticket, travelling costs and beer, I've no idea what I'd do. I don't think I'll be watching us play our home games outside of Cov on a regular basis, so the season ticket would go for starters. I'd maybe take up golf again or watch a local non-league side instead.

Ashdown1

That's a fair response Ben and I'm waiting for clarification too but I'll bet you the shirt on your back that these colossal charges being levied are club killing and will show soon that the losses continually touted by the hedge fund are not all running costs of a football club. Especially one that has been cutting its cloth sharply for two years and that had 8 extra home games this year and two SOLD OUT away matches in North London at Premiership sides.

ajsccfc

You gave him a few minutes before declaring he's ran off. He might just be doing something else.

The Reverend Skyblue

Always had an interest in Non league footie, so i'd watch that if I had nothing else to do.
You get friendly atmospheres, well mostly, and like someone else has pointed out you get good beer prices with a better selection to chose from and you can take it onto the terraces as well. Also the grub generally is much better as a lot of it isn't mass produced garbage.

The only thing I wouldn't like is having no passion for any side I watched ,and watching a game when you don't care who wins would feel like a waste of time

Covstu

Couldnt 'follow' another team, it just wouldnt be right. My time would be spent between time with the kids & wife, more golf and more miles on the roadbike.

Hmmm....come round to this idea already!!

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd try to find a forum with a penchant for the dramatic to match this one. There must be a RADA one that comes close.

An outrageous slur, Sire, and a besmirching of this noble institution born witness to by hundreds-nay, thousands, the likes of which can not be tolerated without vengence being sought! I challenge you to a duel, pistols at dawn!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

This will be the most epic war waged this side of Kramer vs Kramer. Batten down the hatches, tonight we dine IN HELL.

SuperFred

I have been watching my local team St Albans in the Evo Stick league. Probably carry on next year unless SISU have gone.

I also live in St Albans! Where abouts are you? Shame about the end of season form, the play offs looked a real possibility at one point!

Sbarcher

I'd watch my local side - Oxford Utd

Flying Fokker

I don't follow football.....I support Coventry City.

I would focus on my art work and try and introduce Sky Blue and Yellow in to my paintings. Maybe I could use SISU Out balloons and bomb my canvases in anger?

stupot07

I don't follow football.....I support Coventry City.

I would focus on my art work and try and introduce Sky Blue and Yellow in to my paintings. Maybe I could use SISU Out balloons and bomb my canvases in anger?

Thats sounds like a good idea, in 100 years people will talking about your (sky) blue period.....

Last edited:

blueflint

i would go golfing more on cold days and wet days go to the local club have a few beers and play darts

Users who are viewing this thread