If the rumours are true.... (1 Viewer)

jaytskyblue

Right now the message has to be a consistent "Keep Coventry in Coventry" that is the most important thing now. SISU will not go until they are good and ready no matter what the fans campaigns are.

As for the rumours then I think I will stick to believing it when i see it ....... Not at all sure it is going to happen, but will be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong

So your view is Sisu's actions bare no relation to their revenue streams?
Really?!

J

Jack Griffin

Right now the message has to be a consistent "Keep Coventry in Coventry" that is the most important thing now. SISU will not go until they are good and ready no matter what the fans campaigns are.

As for the rumours then I think I will stick to believing it when i see it ....... Not at all sure it is going to happen, but will be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong

You are right about that. What worries me is that they have shown no willingness to negotiate a position that works for all stakeholders, nothing I've seen bodes well for the future.

But that is the nature of hedge funds they take crazy risks to win big and have several risk streams going so they are not relying on any one activity to make money.

CovMatt1987

dont we all think it is coming to something when we are delighted by the prospect of our football club playing in our city??? that really should be a given and just actually breaking that down and thinking about it really angered me!

thank you SISU for considering to play our homes games in our city!!!

Noggin

Completely agree with the OP, if we play at the Ricoh we need to pack out the ground, even if its just for first match.
So 30k people can watch us on our way to getting relegated and reward sisu in the meantime? While I'll be pleased if they agree a deal I'll also be very very angry. If they do a deal now then they could have done a deal before they wasted the best part of a couple of mill between them on lawyers and administrators and before they completely ruined this season. Whatever happens they simply don't deserve our money this season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So your view is Sisu's actions bare no relation to their revenue streams?
Really?!

well 2000 at sixfields at £207 a season or 10000 at the Ricoh at £300 a season you tell me ...... margin on a £1m of F&B's isnt going to a breaker and they have to share income streams at Sixfields ....... yet they still intend playing in Northampton.............as it stands there is no great relationship between maximising income streams and SISU's actions at this point in time.

Plus in all honesty how well do you think the NOPM campaign will stick if the club is back at the Ricoh and even moderately successful?

stupot07

So 30k people can watch us on our way to getting relegated and reward sisu in the meantime? While I'll be pleased if they agree a deal I'll also be very very angry. If they do a deal now then they could have done a deal before they wasted the best part of a couple of mill between them on lawyers and administrators and before they completely ruined this season. Whatever happens they simply don't deserve our money this season.

Just for one game, show them that we want to keep cov in cov, then boycott if you want.

sky_blue_up_north

For me it's all about keeping the club in Coventry, lets get that done first. That's always been my major complaint. If we are at the Ricoh I will be there... not sure if I will get a season ticket like I have for more years than I can remember, but at least the team would be back home.

fernandopartridge

I don't know why anybody believes a boycott will rid the club of SISU.

That has been what is effectively a boycott for the last few seasons (average gates have halved since SISU took over) - has that made them go?

James Smith

I thought Swansea's loan was to the management company that controlled the stadium?
Just like ours was, the SMC is part owned by the council and according to tsb all council loans to companies they are part owners in are illegal. He/she then never explained why in their legal opinion (being a lawyer) why they thought Swansea's was fine and the one from our council wasn't. Not a lawyer so interested to find out. All parties in each case agreed to the loans SMC and council/ ACL and council.

GaryPendrysEyes

well 2000 at sixfields at £207 a season or 10000 at the Ricoh at £300 a season you tell me ...... margin on a £1m of F&B's isnt going to a breaker and they have to share income streams at Sixfields ....... yet they still intend playing in Northampton.............as it stands there is no great relationship between maximising income streams and SISU's actions at this point in time.

Plus in all honesty how well do you think the NOPM campaign will stick if the club is back at the Ricoh and even moderately successful?

2000 at Sixfields? you reckon?? No doubt there will be all sorts of non paying schemes going on but paying fans - nearer 500 methinks.

I can understand Sisu focussing/trying to price/sell the potential of this club (that's what hedge funds do) - but they cant operate with no cash for any prolonged period of time. So I think there is a lot of bluff in there actions. They are not in a strong position as a company and their investors cant be happy with actual performance.
I think Sisu are under a lot more pressure than people think.

Users who are viewing this thread