If the council brought in another football club.... (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

If seven gnomes kidnapped you and made you watch back to back videos of Barnsley in their Premiership winning season, would you stop watching Cov and watch Bradford instead?

Maybe if I could understand the commentary:)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
fail to see the point of this question....... how exactly could the council bring in another team they have no stadium that they can park them in. Effectively CCC no longer own the stadium Wasps do

Wouldn't make a difference to my support - once a sky blue always a sky blue whether at the Ricoh or the Memorial Park or Wembley. That support has nothing to do with SISU..... it existed long before they were here and will do long after they leave

Hobo

I am 53 new teams start in Coventry all the time I have played for a few.

Time to stop gazing a your navel and start looking forward. The situation is what it is, you can't change the past.
As Joe Strummer said "The future is unwritten"

Neutral Fan

The Ricoh.

I could see that happening. But it wouldn't be the council that brought in a new club, it would be MGI Fiduciary. If at the end of 2+2 they could franchise in an EPL or high end Championship team who doesn't own it's stadium they might give it serious thought.

Sick Boy

I could see that happening. But it wouldn't be the council that brought in a new club, it would be MGI Fiduciary. If at the end of 2+2 they could franchise in an EPL or high end Championship team who doesn't own it's stadium they might give it serious thought.

No doubt some sections of CCFC's support would be clambering for tickets to watch top-level football. The Sky Blue Trust would probably instantly try to establish excellent relations with them.

torchomatic

Oi! Lucas! We're having the Ricoh! Of course they brought Wasps in.

But of course, you spend your time defending them and Wasps too.

Council did not bring Wasps. They came. Big difference. Amazing bad luck = look at the acheivements of our owners ( going back years ).

albatross

I am 53 new teams start in Coventry all the time I have played for a few.

Time to stop gazing a your navel and start looking forward. The situation is what it is, you can't change the past.
As Joe Strummer said "The future is unwritten"

Spot on. Any post that gets a Joe Strummer quote is OK by Me

“People can change anything they want to, and that means everything in the world. ”

lordsummerisle

martcov;830313. Owners don't normaly move teams either. We just have amazing bad luck as fans. .[/QUOTE said:
It's not exclusive to us as a club, there's a team just down the M1 that moved, and one that moved even further away that has it's first game on Sunday at it's new "home".

skybluetony176

If if if. If your mum had bollocks would she be your dad? Talking of bollocks, you dont half chat some.

martcov

Oi! Lucas! We're having the Ricoh! Of course they brought Wasps in.

But of course, you spend your time defending them and Wasps too.

Oh really. I thought that the owners of CCFC broadcast that they weren't interested in the Ricoh and were building a new stadium. Then Wasps came and had a look at the empty facilities. I think credit for attracting Wasps should therefore go to our owners.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oh really. I thought that the owners of CCFC broadcast that they weren't interested in the Ricoh and were building a new stadium. Then Wasps came and had a look at the empty facilities. I think credit for attracting Wasps should therefore go to our owners.

The council never had any intention of selling to SISU. I recall Fisher saying numerous times, we need to own our ground, if that can't be the Ricoh then we need to build up our own ground.

The notion that SISU were never interested in buying the Ricoh before Wasps came in is ludicrous. The truth is that the council had no intention of selling to SISU so much that SISU went to extreme measures with Sixfields to try back them into a corner and force them to sell up.

It's sad, for the last 7 years all we've been hearing is that SISU must never own the Ricoh and now everyones screaming why didn't they buy the Ricoh earlier before Wasps.

Sick Boy

It's sad, for the last 7 years all we've been hearing is that SISU must never own the Ricoh and now everyones screaming why didn't they buy the Ricoh earlier before Wasps.

It wasn't that long ago that the same people were also highly critical of the Ricoh and were demanding SISU build a new ground closer to the city centre.

martcov

The council never had any intention of selling to SISU. I recall Fisher saying numerous times, we need to own our ground, if that can't be the Ricoh then we need to build up our own ground.

The notion that SISU were never interested in buying the Ricoh before Wasps came in is ludicrous. The truth is that the council had no intention of selling to SISU so much that SISU went to extreme measures with Sixfields to try back them into a corner and force them to sell up.

they were interested in buying an unencumbered freehold - the council doesn't do unencumbered freeholds and Joy doesn't negotiate. So they were not interested in the Ricoh under any other circumstances. SISU could have bought half of ACL for 5,5 million, but didn't. So here we are.

Covstu

if this happened which clearly it wont but I give up on football. Having said that I am nearly there already!

The only time I would go watch and support another team would be if I moved there.

martcov

if this happened which clearly it wont but I give up on football. Having said that I am nearly there already!

The only time I would go watch and support another team would be if I moved there.

It's not the same. I like it when Holstein Kiel win or when HSV Hamburg win ( they don't anymore :-( ) as I live nearby and the HSV supporters club fans are in my pub every game ( on TV ). It will never be the same as watching and supporting CCFC though.

mrtrench

What the council did was more like rape. Nasty, cynical, manipulative rape by a friend of the family hitherto unsuspected by most. (But not all)

I hate to disagree with a musician I so much admire - let alone a dead one.

I haven't posted anything serious here for quite a long time but I do feel strongly that the council has done nothing wrong. The council's sole responsibility is to the ratepayers of Coventry. It must not permit itself to be taken the piss out of by anyone. Our owners are piss-takers. They tried to distress ACL and the council had to react. In the grand scheme of things it has done the best it could by bringing another advantage to the city.

I hope that SISU give in soon; I am sure the council will bend over backwards to help a sympathetic and pleasant owner of the club.

I'll listen to 'New Boots and Panties' in penance. And say three 'Clever Trevor's

Samo

I hate to disagree with a musician I so much admire - let alone a dead one.

I haven't posted anything serious here for quite a long time but I do feel strongly that the council has done nothing wrong. The council's sole responsibility is to the ratepayers of Coventry. It must not permit itself to be taken the piss out of by anyone. Our owners are piss-takers. They tried to distress ACL and the council had to react. In the grand scheme of things it has done the best it could by bringing another advantage to the city.

I hope that SISU give in soon; I am sure the council will bend over backwards to help a sympathetic and pleasant owner of the club.

I'll listen to 'New Boots and Panties' in penance. And say three 'Clever Trevor's

Trench... I was a little pissed when I posted and not a fan of the council for a number of reasons. I agree with all you say about our wonderful owners though. You ever see Dury live?

Users who are viewing this thread