If takeover happens ? (1 Viewer)

les_miserables

Have heard a whisper, just a little one for now that Gary Hoffman and friends are about to make a new move to take control of the football club. If/when it happens and the new people DO stump of transfer fuinds in time for the January window, would you trust or allow AT to spend upwards of £10million or should someone else come in to do the business.

skyblue_rich

Joe Elliot told a mate of mine this after Blackpool game. It will go through after hoffmans group has bought these sets of banks for 500million, if sisu accept

CovScott88

If it were to happen, then I would have no issues giving that money to Thorny. He's proved with Westwood, Dann, Fox, Henderson etc that he can spot quality young players.

pusbccfc

I'm sure if hoff came in with a new bid, there would be massive protest to get sisu out.
The reason they all stopped was due to the fact the hoff bid failed.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hard not to be cynical and say
1) It's just a rumour
2) "If" is a very big word, especially so in the context of the sentence "If SISU accept".

More to the point, they've made it pretty clear that they won't even talk unless they make a profit, and I can't see that happening. "Balls of steel" SISU will kill our club before they walk away out of pocket. But agreed that if there is a sniff that this bid is for real, it's going to re-energise the protesters. The continued lack of loans would have done that to some extent anyway.

Astute

I will believe it when I see it. If they are going to put a bid in it needs to be soon. From the past efforts they know where they went wrong. SISU want out. They seem to have a lack of funds.

I would give AT the money no problems. He is a proven scout. Maybe with a decent squad he will become a proven manager.

Sub

can only hope a take over is coming soon because if SISU are here come january we will have no players left :facepalm: they would all be sold to cover losses

les_miserables

I have been told SISU are in dire straights regards continuing with this football club and the Hoff is biding his time to get the deal he wants, hence the visit if permotan Ken last Saturday.

skyblueinBaku

I have been told SISU are in dire straights regards continuing with this football club and the Hoff is biding his time to get the deal he wants, hence the visit if permotan Ken last Saturday.

And this football club is in dire straits regarding continuing with SISU!

Macca

Hope he's got a few bob lined up. He's going to need

Money to pay off SISU
Money to buy at least part of the ground
Money to buy a play off challenging team
Money to allow us to field a reserve team

Offers around?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Believe it when I see it........... wouldnt be surprised if this time next year the same if buts and rumours are floating around :( .... but we are in Division 1 :(

Sub

Believe it when I see it........... wouldnt be surprised if this time next year the same if buts and rumours are floating around :( .... but we are in Division 1 :(

with a minus 30 points for irregular accounts and administration!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

skyblueinBaku

I don't see a problem with giving AT a decent budget. But we'd have to be prepared for inflated prices - other clubs know how desperate we are.

Sub

im sure with a couple of 100k for wages we could get some good players on loan aswell but its not going to happen

Dean Allsop

Posted a reply a similar rumour sometime ago, the fact is the take-over will not, and cannot happen until the end of the season, as SISU has taken finances to fund the club until the end of the season.

Astute

They have said they will finance us til the end of the srason full stop. This could include selling players. It would not stop a takeover.

Platt_The_Donkey

If it were to happen, then I would have no issues giving that money to Thorny. He's proved with Westwood, Dann, Fox, Henderson etc that he can spot quality young players.

then he could go back to being a Scout for the club then?

if we got taken over, I feel a new managerial set-up could give the club a boost or is it better the devil you know?

skybluedan

The hoff is gone get over it people,we are fucked it was great while we thought we were gonna be loaded but it is not going to happen ive supported this club for 30 years and this is by far the most shit i feel for them, owners and the shit players ,only one who gets away for me is AT and feel really sorry for the poor bastard working with the shower of cunts, the whole thing around involing coventry city is wank and it breaks my heart we get good players they turn shit,we have had some respected mangers they never work again they all get the city disease im afraid

Jimthor

I was doing some reading about Hoff's banking work today. He's in charge of a company called NBNK, who are planning to build a bank capable of challenging the "big 6" banks, by acquiring other bank branches. They've put in a bid for a load of branches which Lloyds are selling (or have to sell, as payback for being bailed out with taxpayer money), the auction for which is known as Project Verde. But from what i'm reading, Lloyds have until late 2013 to finish up selling the Verde branches, and one report i read suggested that it's likely the transaction won't be complete until the first half of 2013.

So, if Hoff is indeed not planning to come back until he's finished acquiring these banks, then we might be stuck with SISU a good while longer. And it's worth bearing in mind that his job at NBNK doesn't stop there; after 12 months Hoff is allowed to (try to) buy Northern Rock branches if he so desires.

I read a suggestion on twitter today from Coventry Observer writer Steve Carpenter (@stevecarpo) that Hoffman's consortium is still interested in the club, which is promising. But it sounds like anything happening could be a long way off.

les_miserables

Hoffman will move when the situation needs it. The homework will have been well done and he knows more about the SISU situation than we do. We must just hope he can keep these potential investors on board. It may mean one step back to go a few forward which will hurt but if you look at Southampton, Brighton and Leicester, even Leeds to degree that may be what has to happen.

TommyAtkins

Of course, Thorn should be given the chance to spend the money.

The issue is that IF this £10 million is made available for Thorn to spend, how much will go on the actual transfer fees.

Example: Norwich made £40 million available for their manager to invest in the squad. But only a fraction of that went on fees, the rest has been allocated to signing-on fees, agents and wages/contracts.

blueflint

10 mill would not get us out of trouble we need three times that at least

Astute

10 mill would not get us out of trouble we need three times that at least

2 strikers on 20k a week. 2m in total. A few more players on less money. With what we have already we would shoot up the table. Invest 10m over 2 seasons and that should get us up. Higher gates would get a fair bit of this back as well.

TommyAtkins

2 strikers on 20k a week. 2m in total. A few more players on less money. With what we have already we would shoot up the table. Invest 10m over 2 seasons and that should get us up. Higher gates would get a fair bit of this back as well.

10 million over 2 seasons might be enough to get us promoted from League One but it is barely enough to get us mid-table in the Championship.

And we are never going to pay anyone £20,000 week. Not only is that unaffordable (even for a new owner), it won't comply with the new financial rules and it will cause disharmony in the dressing room.

Thorn won't be able to spend all of that £10 million on transfer fees

wingy

FourFourTwo's Inside Track

Rants and musings from the magazine team

FourFourTwo Team
See all posts
Meet the club that paid £7.5 million per Premier League point

star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif

Wednesday 05 October 2011 09:00

Below you’ll find a rather interesting league table. It shows the price that 10 Premier League club owners have paid for each and every point their club has won since they took over. Take a look…
RichList_Graph.jpg

So how much would you pay for a Premier League point? Any Premier League club owners care to answer?

Now, we’re not stupid: we know the science we’ve applied isn’t going to win the Nobel Prize anytime soon. But as a snapshot of the current situation in Premier League boardrooms, it’s fascinating stuff.
WELL,I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE EQUATION WOULD BE IN THE CHAMP,OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE INCLUDING THE PURCHASE PRICE,AND THE LONGER YOU HOLD THE CLUB THE RATIO WOULD GO DOWN,BUT ITS OBVIOUS £10M. ON PLAYERS IS PISSING IN THE WIND

check-big.png
check-big.png

or to add your comments About FourFourTwo Team

Humorous but wholehearted, polished but readable, substantial but accessible, FourFourTwo is football's most insightful brand – with added F.U.N. Comments

No Comments

Disorganised1

The first thing that needs to change is the 'good enough' attitude at the club - "1 - 0 ? good enough" No it's not - you keep playing until the game is over - win lose or draw - too often we don't start until we're losing, and when we win - we don't know what to do.

How often do we blow a lead within 10 minutes ? How often do we concede goals at the start or end of a half ?

Fix those problems and you won't need to spend nearly so much money.

Users who are viewing this thread