If Sky Blues want a show of force it has to be Vale (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

4500 seats, lets pack it out, that will make headlines and send waves without pouring any dosh into the hedge fund. This will likely be one of the biggest allocations we get and its not too far , as a side note I think their chairman is also a Sky Blue so I won't mind chucking them a few quid !

ccfc92

Agreed. Was it 5k at mk dons? If so, 4.5k just up the road should be easy enough to do

spwaverley4916

question Ashdown - where is it stated we get 4500 ? - port vale ticket office told me 1500. I know wolves had 4500 but that was because their club asked for them. I cant see our owners requesting the same amount as it somewhat flies in their face to aid those who wont travel to sixfields. ( me included)

DazzleTommyDazzle

If early ticket sales go well the allocation will be increased.

Football clubs are very focused on their revenues - well, except one......

Astute

question Ashdown - where is it stated we get 4500 ? - port vale ticket office told me 1500. I know wolves had 4500 but that was because their club asked for them. I cant see our owners requesting the same amount as it somewhat flies in their face to aid those who wont travel to sixfields. ( me included)

This is usual. There was a few times last season that we asked for more tickets.

Can you see our club asking for more tickets than we sell for our 'home' games this season? Maybe they will get the idea soon ;)

Ashdown1

If we can buy direct from Vale it won't matter what our incompetent club does after the first allocation sells out. Vale were in financial trouble only recently, they will welcome another potential £100,000+ windfall from a 4500 away support.

Astute

If we can buy direct from Vale it won't matter what our incompetent club does after the first allocation sells out. Vale were in financial trouble only recently, they will welcome another potential £100,000+ windfall from a 4500 away support.

You can also pay on the day there normally, but need to buy a ticket before you get to the turnstile. I just hope the idiots they have that have been causing trouble this season don't change this.

Ashdown1

I suppose some Vale fans are seeing the step up in Leagues as a 'challenge' especially when the bigger boys come to town. I would imagine they feel a bit intimidated by 4500 away supporters after League 2. It is largely a deprived area but I don't think they have any problem with Cov. I jumped on a train coming back from MK last year with just my mate and we found ourselves in the middle of about 50 Vale fans coming back from Dagenham, they were fine to be fair and we ended up having a drunken natter with them , it was then one of them told me their chairman was a City fan at heart!

spwaverley4916

posted this about 3 days ago,

sent this earlier to Port vale ticket Office;

Hi,

with the on going problems at my home club, Coventry City, do you know
whether you will be selling tickets to the away fans directly? if you
are can you tell me please when they will go on sale and how many we
are allocated?

We are sending 1500 tickets to Coventry for sale from their club shop, they are also selling them over the phone and on their website.
Prices are £22 for adults, £17 for seniors and young adults, £10 for Juniors and Free for under 12. Family bundles are also available for more details see Port Vale FC's website

simple_simon

4500 seats, lets pack it out, that will make headlines and send waves without pouring any dosh into the hedge fund. This will likely be one of the biggest allocations we get and its not too far , as a side note I think their chairman is also a Sky Blue so I won't mind chucking them a few quid !

I agree we need a show of force but it has to be at Sixfields, on the hill.

Astute

It seems as a few of them are stuck in the 80's. They seem to always have a large police presence. This is even when they were in Div 4. They even attacked the police yesterday. Not a game for the infirm/elderly/young to go to.

Astute

I agree we need a show of force but it has to be at Sixfields, on the hill.

Why? Would it get noticed?

To me the one thing that would get noticed would be having an away support bigger than our 'home' support.

RoboCCFC90

When are Vale tickets on sale anyone?

Ashdown1

I'm sorry, people are free to choose but I'm not standing on some windswept hill when my team are playing 400 yards away. The temptation would be to watch the match if I've made the effort and spent the cash to get to the dump in the first place and I won't do that either!
4500 Sky Blues behind that goal at Vale will only be equalled by Wolves this season, lets do it and support the team !

shmmeee

I'm sorry, people are free to choose but I'm not standing on some windswept hill when my team are playing 400 yards away. The temptation would be to watch the match if I've made the effort and spent the cash to get to the dump in the first place and I won't do that either!
4500 Sky Blues behind that goal at Vale will only be equalled by Wolves this season, lets do it and support the team !

My thinking as well. Not decided on the picnic yet, will probably go, but in terms of ongoing action yesterday proved to me that away games are our best weapon. Show the world we're well supported, air our feelings in an arena that is guaranteed to make TV in some form, and have the bonus of helping the club pick up some points, which is what we all want.

Haven't the Trust done designated "back the boys" campaigns for away games before? Would love to see this sell out and I think a few who missed Shrewsbury will be extra keen for tickets as well.

fernandopartridge

Should not be charging more then home fans for similar. Except Sheff U who do and say the facilities are better for the away fans.

I am not sure why the prices would go up? Only the Shrewsbury game so far has sold out, and to be fair it's a localish game on a Saturday.

Looking at the FLS last night, Port Vale fans hardly seem interested in games in this league, Wolves would be a massive game for them yet the home ends looked empty.

shmmeee

I am not sure why the prices would go up? Only the Shrewsbury game so far has sold out, and to be fair it's a localish game on a Saturday.

Looking at the FLS last night, Port Vale fans hardly seem interested in games in this league, Wolves would be a massive game for them yet the home ends looked empty.

I think you'll only see big away gates for localish games. Looking at the map that's 9-10 games plus maybe the London games as its easyish to get to.

fernandopartridge

I think you'll only see big away gates for localish games. Looking at the map that's 9-10 games plus maybe the London games as its easyish to get to.

I think the average away following was around 900 last season? I suppose any improvement on that, even breaking the 1000 barrier would be decent.

pusbccfc

We need to start competing with Wolves and their away followings.

4000 surely isn't too hard for us.

letsallsingtogether

Port vale it is then Oh and I'll be on the hill no point in giving up this early need to keep being a thorn in there side.

Home sorry meant away and Away.....KCIC

ccfcway

Micky Adams has been quoted as saying "Micky Adams is looking forward to the game against Covnentry"

Much as the club would be embarrassed to have 4500 at Vale when they have to give tickets away to get one man and his dog at Sixfields, they would not turn down their commission for ticket sales.

MK Dons to come as well though so lets hope for another 5000 there.

VegetableSamosa

Can we really send 5k to MK Dons with what's going on at our club? Bit hypocritical of us. Sending absolutely no away fans there would be a better statement that packing it out, especially after last seasons attendance there.

Users who are viewing this thread