If Murphy gets injured.... (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

We'll struggle massively!!

Last pre season I seen Dunn and it was obvious he was nowhere near good enough for us. Many Northampton fans warned us of how bad he is and we've seen it!
I don't know how he performed tonight but I know he looked nervy against hinckley!

Lee Burge doesn't look too good either!!

We need a new 2nd choice! We were unfortunate with Ireland he was a decent keeper, sadly illness and injures ruined his career!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
County's number one done pretty well today :) made two great saves anyway.

Dunn tbf hasn't done a lot wrong so far but we are only three games into ore season (2 of which he has played). He'll always be a decent back up keeper but never a number 1 IMO.

However as we spent our transfer fund on two keepers last season I'd like to think we can steer away from recruiting any at this moment in time and concentrate where we need the players

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Is quirke even playing football still? Surely if he's good he'd of got a chance somewhere else!

Has never got any other contract since leaving us. Bearing in mind this is almost two pre seasons on, I think that itself speaks volumes about whether he could cut it or not.

I was surprised when he wasn't offered a deal, but on reflection I think the decision was a correct one

Grendel

Grendel

Dunn tbf hasn't done a lot wrong so far but we are only three games into ore season (2 of which he has played). He'll always be a decent back up keeper but never a number 1 IMO.

However as we spent our transfer fund on two keepers last season I'd like to think we can steer away from recruiting any at this moment in time and concentrate where we need the players

I did see Dunne a couple of times at Northamption and although he is not anywhere near as reliable as Murphy he is remember a reserve keeper. He's lost weight since joining us and is a raw talent but has played 100 games.

Why anyone wants to recall someone who now cannot even get a game in a side below Leamington is odd as is the call from others to replace Murphy with Dunne when they clearly have never really seen him play.

Other than Westwood what keeper at this level has been better than Murphy for us?

Grendel

lynch14

We'll struggle massively!!

Last pre season I seen Dunn and it was obvious he was nowhere near good enough for us. Many Northampton fans warned us of how bad he is and we've seen it!
I don't know how he performed tonight but I know he looked nervy against hinckley!

Lee Burge doesn't look too good either!!

We need a new 2nd choice! We were unfortunate with Ireland he was a decent keeper, sadly illness and injures ruined his career!

Have you seen Lee Burge play ? He's a brilliant young keeper! Oggy rates him highly says he's the best goalkeeper to come out the acadamy since chris kirkland.He needs that chance to get out on loan look at jack butland for brum! Same age and ended up going to the euros! Quirke only got offered a 1 year pro when he was in the same situation as burge and burge got offered a three year deal instead ! Speaks volumes. We have a talented young keeper on the books again :)

pusbccfc

He looks uncomfortable, plenty of times he's fumbled in pre game warm ups. Also he fumbled against Hinckley!

lynch14

He looks uncomfortable, plenty of times he's fumbled in pre game warm ups. Also he fumbled against Hinckley!

The lads 19, he's going to be nervous going ito his 1st first team game he made one error and he still made sure it didn't cross the line! He's an absoulute giant and commanding in his box.He will be a top keeper !

Grendel

Are you insinuating that he isn't in fact better than a goalkeeper who has played nearly 100 games at L1 and L2 level?

Dunn is clearly better he is still in the professional ranks.

stupot07

Tbf we paid compensation for Dunn but Murphy was signed on a free. It's not like we blew our budget on them, just more the fact we didn't have a budget in the first place.

Grendel

PVA

Some people seem to think Dunn is amazing based on that one save v Derby when he came on last season.

He was terrible against Saints in the cup. Can;t believe anyone would have him ahead of Murphy.

Ashdown

I'm not particularly impressed with any of our keepers, they are all going to need a lot of protection from our centre backs this season. Some keepers just make it look easy, others are so hesitant especially on crosses !

Users who are viewing this thread