If MR goes, who do want in? (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

For me, go all out for Nigel Adkins, if he don't go to Blackpool, he might have to start all over.

Lets old out for Brendan Rogers though ;)

PVA

Adkins is the standout candidate but let's be honest that's not going to happen is it.

I hope we would use some of the compensation to get a currently employed manager who is doing a good job elsewhere.

I just hope we don't end up with some of the out of work has beens that were linked pre MR (Phil Brown, Paul Ince etc).

One out of work manager I might take, apart from Adkins, would be Simon Grayson.

torchomatic

He won't go.

Sky Blues

Adkins is the standout candidate but let's be honest that's not going to happen is it.

I hope we would use some of the compensation to get a currently employed manager who is doing a good job elsewhere.

I just hope we don't end up with some of the out of work has beens that were linked pre MR (Phil Brown, Paul Ince etc).

One out of work manager I might take, apart from Adkins, would be Simon Grayson.

On a Huddersfield forum most of them are not best pleased at the thought of Robins coming but are happy to see the back of Grayson!

Ashdown1

I think it would be the end of the road for a lot of City fans to be honest. MR has offered hope and a decent brand of football and I think we all know that under him even if we don't make it this year, next season we will be challenging and ST sales and interest will reflect that. He leaves then we will be back to square one..........broke, still run by SISU, players joining Robins at his new club etc...............It okay though David Bell will still have a decade left on his new contract !

Otis

Do you think this could work in our favour with Robins asking for more backing from our board in the transfer market? A back me or let me go plea?

Mucca Mad Boys

No chance of Nigel Adkins...you think he'd drop 2 divisions to join a club with no money to spend...seriously ??

He might not even get the Blackpool job, and they've got no money either.

He won't get a job in the prem, so he might have to start all over.

Mucca Mad Boys

Do you think this could work in our favour with Robins asking for more backing from our board in the transfer market? A back me or let me go plea?

I'd hope this is the case.

For me, Huddlesfield isn't the job for MR, he should hold out for something better.

TommyAtkins

This happens every time - some unrealistic expectations.

Last time, fans seemed to think that Redknapp and Billy Davies would want the job, when clearly they never had any interest at all. Dennis Wise turned the job down as well

Adkins is unlikely to be a contender. Nor is Tisdale. Grayson might be.

Being realistic, the applicants are likely to be:

Bobby Gould
Chris Wilder
Paul Ince
Phil Brown
Peter Reid
Perhaps Megson
Perhaps Abbott

Otis

This happens every time - some unrealistic expectations.

Last time, fans seemed to think that Redknapp and Billy Davies would want the job, when clearly they never had any interest at all. Dennis Wise turned the job down as well

Adkins is unlikely to be a contender. Nor is Tisdale. Grayson might be.

Being realistic, the applicants are likely to be:

Bobby Gould
Chris Wilder
Paul Ince
Phil Brown
Peter Reid
Perhaps Megson
Perhaps Abbott

Tommy, you're a very bad man!!!

TommyAtkins

Tommy, you're a very bad man!!!

Maybe but it doesn't rule out being accurate.

I know you are a Tisdale fan and you would be right : he is a talented manager by all accounts.

But I doubt if he would want to come to Cov.

It's a shame: SISU always wanted Robins but allowed themselves to be pressured into appointing Thorn by vocal fans.

If Robins leaves, I am fairly sure that all the names I mentioned above will apply.

PVA

On a Huddersfield forum most of them are not best pleased at the thought of Robins coming but are happy to see the back of Grayson!

Grayson has a 100% promotion record from League 1 (Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield).

Not bad.

skyblueinBaku

Psgm1 has a dislike for MR that borders on contempt. It'll be interesting to see who he would like as a replacement...............

As for me, I don't think MR will go.

Ashdown1

I think all of this is unwarranted speculation but I haven't seen a single name on the proposed candidate list that would inspire me to part with more money next summer !!

Users who are viewing this thread