If I was Robins... (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

...this morning I would tell the players that they aren't doing any training. I would call them into a room and tell them to sit down. I would then mention to them that they are about to watch a DVD of the 1987 FA Cup final. I would tell them that this was a match which pitted the club they now represent (Little old Coventry City) against Tottenham Hotspur. I would tell them that this was an era where the top clubs were barred from Europe and the FA Cup was a massive competition. I would tell them that Tottenham Hotspur had World Cup winner Ossie Ardiles, England great Glen Hoddle, Chris Waddle and 40 plus goals a season man Clive Allen in their starting eleven. I would tell them that not only would they be watching the match in complete silence but they will also watch the TV build up where the pundits gave Coventry no chance. They would then be forced to watch the whole match and extra time in complete silence. Once the match is over I would force them to watch the post-match celebration, Killer lifting the cup, Sillett and Curtis parading around Wembley with tens of thousands of Coventry fans in rapture, interviews etc. I would also try to see if there's any footage of the cup being paraded through the streets of Coventry if it is possible. I would also invite John Sillett and Oggy to sit with them as they watch this.

After all this is finished, I would then put on a DVD of yesterday's match and force them to watch it in complete silence. I would then tell them that they are a stain on the honour of the heroes of '87 and challenge them to prove for the rest of the season that they are capable of restoring the reputation of a great football club which they are presently dragging through the gutter.

I would then take them outside to do some serious fitness training.

sky_blue_up_north

I'd top myself.......

covcity4life

well said OP, yes footballs changed but we need to go back, to the days when players cared about the shirt they put on and didnt think of their employers as walkovers or stepping stones.

if that means lower league less skill hardworkers so be it.

Paxman II

A bit over the top by the OP but I get the sentiment all the same.

Frankly we must not miss the point here.

MR has stated these are good players. So then you are supposed to show you are a good manager and get the best out of them.
MR gets all our support and patience but just a cautionary note here that enough games have passed now for MR to have made a mark on how this team performs for 90 minutes.

aodea

If i was robins. I would bring every player into a romm and tell them that he will be holding 1 to 1s with them about wether they have a future at the club in the next two weeks and see how they play for two weeks, if they still dont perform be easy conversation for robbins.

The players except a few have been a joke. THink they are too good and can win against, Brentford, Tranmere and bury without trying well guess what your not. Your in a rlegation zone of a piss division being beaten by teams who some would never have imagined even playing. Time for the rot to stop.

UNCLE MONTY

Problem is the palyers would just sit there in their Beats by Dre headphones and sulk their way through the whole thing. Somehow, and I have no idea how, Robins needs to make the useless turds see there is a vast gulf between how good they think are, and how good they actually are.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If i was Robins.........

Id be denying I ever took on the job and do a runner while I still have my reputation in tact!

On a more serious note he certainly needs to address individual perfrmances. Far too many players are performing inconsistantly (Baker, Moussa great V Arsenal (Baker also a world beater V Brum, albeit before Robins time here) but far too disappointing in league games (when it counts).

Barton needs to buck up his act, Sheffers needs a reminder that this is 'his club' (allegedly), Clarke needs 'resting', and Fleck needs moving inside.

Users who are viewing this thread