IF he goes...I'd take (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Simon Grayson.

Had a bad wrap at leeds after doing very well. Not sure what Huddersfield were expecting? Did start well and have tailed off but not surprising really. Not in my opinion Grayson's fault either. Good manager, maybe even better than the one we are losing. Crazy football world we live in. Be quite happy for Grayson to come in on MR's squad and also ensure no one gets stolen by MR!

Still the fat lady has not been singing yet and MR may yet decide against a move. Unlikely though as Fisher has said they talked about the potential he has here now and what a bigger club we are going forwards. Maybe even promised a new contract on slightly better terms, yet MR still wishes to speak with Huddersfield. I guess it's closer to home for him and maybe that's a silly factor in all this?

Yorkshire SB

Great shout, would love to get Grayson in. He also took over the supposedly fantastic lee clarke's Huddersfield last season and pushed them up to table and to promotion.

As for Robins, disappointed but ultimately it's a good opportunity for him, and in football management you have to take every opportunity, cos lose 8 out of the next 10 games and that opportunity won't be back for a long time!

dongonzalos

Gary Johnson for me.

SISU will only pay for loanees and Free Transfers.

He seems to be able turn such players into a solid unit.

No superstars just a good team.

His methods mean they cope with a fluctuating squad.

He had managed in this division and the division above on our type of budget.

Last edited:
Simon Grayson.

Had a bad wrap at leeds after doing very well. Not sure what Huddersfield were expecting? Did start well and have tailed off but not surprising really. Not in my opinion Grayson's fault either. Good manager, maybe even better than the one we are losing. Crazy football world we live in. Be quite happy for Grayson to come in on MR's squad and also ensure no one gets stolen by MR!

Still the fat lady has not been singing yet and MR may yet decide against a move. Unlikely though as Fisher has said they talked about the potential he has here now and what a bigger club we are going forwards. Maybe even promised a new contract on slightly better terms, yet MR still wishes to speak with Huddersfield. I guess it's closer to home for him and maybe that's a silly factor in all this?

I thought he lived in Burton on Trent?

BrisbaneBronco

Gary Johnson, Steve Davis, Mark Yates...dare I say Micky Adams

If its Oggy/Carsley to hold the reigns till the end of the season, it will be clear that admin etc is close.
If they move to appoint someone of MR quality and quick, maybe its not all doom and gloom.

Paxman II

Yes they must act quickly and decisively. We have made tremendous strides to get where we are and can't afford that to slip now. Grayson will continue the good work. I'd be happy with him at the helm and confident he could take us up.

Surely Grayson would feel vindicated or maybe somewhat validated if he now took Robins old post, succeeded through the playoffs while Robins finished simply keeping Huddersfield in the Championship? Wow there's a story - we face off next season with Grayson sure to look for some vengeful points!

Otis

Gary Johnson won't come.

He called going to Yeovil going home.

No way he will come here.

Astute

Gary Johnson won't come.

What colour is his blood though?

MR's is sky blue. Offers will come and go. But he won't be going anywhere :(

malkitccfc

Grayson.. Brings in a lot of loanees and free transfers on wages, he'll look to have his own side ASAP. but league one promotions with Blackpool Leeds and Huddersfield... could be worse appointments

dongonzalos

Gary Johnson won't come.

Same deal if cov offer him more wages and feed him some lines about future investment in the club.

Like they did with many previous managers he would come.

Last edited:

DukeOfCov

Simon Grayson.

Even if the fat lady doesn't sing this time, doubtless she'll be back for an encore sometime soon..

GaryJones

Mcleish anyone?

PVA

Adkins is the obvious one but that’s not going to happen is it. Failing that Grayson is the obvious choice. He has a 100% promotion record from League 1 (Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield)

Grayson is a decent choice had Blackpool playing really well and made a good foundation for when Holloway took them over. Also got Leeds and Huddersfield out of this league and there's the motivation factor with him being sacked by Huddersfield and Robins going there.

lordsummerisle

Not sure that is relevant.

That is football today.

How many times do football clubs sack managers before they get to see out their contracts.

Loyalty is a two way street

Didn't Gary Johnson turn us down to go to Bristol City when they were League One and we were Championship?

Sure we'd have offered him more money than Bristol did at the time.

dongonzalos

Didn't Gary Johnson turn us down to go to Bristol City when they were League One and we were Championship?

Sure we'd have offered him more money than Bristol did at the time.

Did he, I knew we have been linked with him in the past.
Was not aware we offered him a job?

torchomatic

Ah, it won't be long before Robin's is leaving Huddersfield. We can wave at him on the way past when they get relegated and we get promoted.

TommyAtkins

Gary Johnson won't come.

Good point. Not forgetting that Johnson has rejected us before.

Going to be someone like Phil Brown. Possibly even called Phil Brown. May even resemble Phil Brown

torchomatic

Yep, me too.

torchomatic

I just pray it's not Wise, Ince, McAllister, Brown or Black or any other colour for that matter.

RoboCCFC90

Paul Tisdale!!

Exeter in top 6 in division 2. A manager I have always rated.

I live and work near Exeter and there training ground, there fans think really highly of Paul Tisdale as you said top 6 on a shoe string budget has taken up to League One and only just missed out on promotion to the championship and on a two year rolling deal currently which expires in 2014, but I think he is settled in the area and not sure he would want to leave, although a challenge of a bigger club might be persuading..

Users who are viewing this thread