If a last minute Ricoh deal was done? (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

27 season tickets @ northampton,
yet approx 7,000 appear on the march,
ok TF / JS please explain to us mere fans your rationale,
oh, & while we're at it, FL WHAT IS YOUR STANCE,
raping CCFC would seem to be the modus opurandii

georgehudson

& so would thousands,
though i'd proffer that a huge percentage of those thousands would go out of their way to minimise any income to sisu,
5+ years of dire mismanagement to suit their own purpose points to that

Paxman II

Oh Ok so 'not one penny more' goes out the window if they play at the rented ground again?
You know you should stick to your guns if you expect respect.
Either you want to 'starve' them out as many say or you don't? You can't simply change the stance to suit because they would be down the road again albeit temporary surely?

Gary.j

Bit of a hypothetical question as we really don't know what'll pan out here....how long would you wait if the City kicked off in Northampton? Do we carry on ignoring Sixfields and do the away thing indefinitely? Or does there come a point where you have to look at it & form the new Sky Blues?

That's a great point, imo worthy of it's own thread! How long would people last before they say enough is enough?

For me, it's already gone beyond the point of no return, total boycott until sisu have gone, regardless of venue!

Astute

Oh Ok so 'not one penny more' goes out the window if they play at the rented ground again?
Either you want to 'starve' them out as many say or you don't? You can't simply change the stance to suit because they would be down the road again albeit temporary surely?

I see you are only reading the parts you want to again.

There are three main groups. The majority are NOPM unless we play in Coventry. The next biggest group is NOPM whatever. Then the third biggest group is we love you SISU ;)

quinn1971

Not one penny more was initially started only if we moved to northampton. It seems to have been hijacked.i will be going to home games if they're at the ricoh. Remember the keep cov in cov march last week.the first step is to keep us at the ricoh. But I still think it's too late for that.

letsallsingtogether

Yes NOPM is set up to starve them out at Northampton so if it is the Ricoh then reluctantly I'll have 1
Not one penny more was initially started only if we moved to Northampton. It seems to have been hijacked.i will be going to home games if they're at the ricoh. Remember the keep cov in cov march last week.the first step is to keep us at the ricoh. But I still think it's too late for that.

RoboCCFC90

id be there. plus @Robbo92 at a guess :D

Have you been looking at the Portsmouth Forum that's my brother's username ;) But yes we would definitely be there.

skybluelee

I can only speak for myself but my personal NOPM stance is purely based on us playing outside of Cov.

Move back to the Ricoh and I will buy shirt, prog subscription, Bristol C ticket and membership at first opportunity.

theferret

Have to say, it's very reassuring that so many are saying they will support the club if they play at the Ricoh. As someone said earlier, after all the fuss about 'keep cov in cov', other supporters would think we were crazy to then boycott the Ricoh. There is hope for this season yet - just a glimmer mind, but hope nonetheless. Who said the protest march would be pointless - seems to have done the trick if you ask me.

covcity4life

I can only speak for myself but my personal NOPM stance is purely based on us playing outside of Cov.

Move back to the Ricoh and I will buy shirt, prog subscription, Bristol C ticket and membership at first opportunity.

as any real fan would, thankfully we are in the majority

swisstony

Absolutely right,the old saying you don't know what you've got till its gone springs to mind.
If sisu are in control and I expect them to be, the council to cave in.sisu need to win back trust with the fans .I know they read these forums.Offer season Tkts at a reduced rate say £207 and you might find people are suddenly very interesyed

torchomatic

If we are at the Ricoh then I'm there. For me the important thing was to stay in Coventry, which is it is achieved will mean that I'll get my ST. If we move to Sixfields then I won't. SISU still being in charge if we do return to the Ricoh won't make any difference for me, though others feel different, which I can understand.

This is why I thought the Trust message was very confusing. It was a "Keep Cov In Cov" statement rather than "SISU out", so if we do do a last minute deal there will still be fans who aren't happy.

One thing at a time for me. Get City at the Ricoh and deal with other issues once that's been agreed. If it can be agreed, that is.

letsallsingtogether

Yes the Trust message was keep Cov in Cov as that has to be the first fight without that there is no CCFC. other fights can take place later on. IMHO
If we are at the Ricoh then I'm there. For me the important thing was to stay in Coventry, which is it is achieved will mean that I'll get my ST. If we move to Sixfields then I won't. SISU still being in charge if we do return to the Ricoh won't make any difference for me, though others feel different, which I can understand.

This is why I thought the Trust message was very confusing. It was a "Keep Cov In Cov" statement rather than "SISU out", so if we do do a last minute deal there will still be fans who aren't happy.

One thing at a time for me. Get City at the Ricoh and deal with other issues once that's been agreed. If it can be agreed, that is.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If we do go back to the Ricoh then I would expect significant investment for the next 3 to 5 years wouldn't you? After all Sisu were going to fund potential losses whilst playing in Northampton :thinking about:so

Sba180

city fans can and will change their stance to suit. that march, to me, was not only about relocating us but also a protest against the current regime as a whole. i will still be an away supporter only until they've gone

SkyBlueHomer

The entire message at the minute is Keep Cov in Cov. If we did get this wish & play at the Ricoh we would loose all support I think that has been building from other league clubs if people didn't bother going anyway. We would look ridiculous, I think we would then find out who was behind this campaign & who was just using this as a front because they can't be bothered.

The SISU fight is for another day,

Users who are viewing this thread