Idiots (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Protests

So blowing whistles.... I think we are all agreed if it has to be done then all match by thousands is better than individuals blowing it attempting to mimic the Ref.

Pitch invasions if non violent and it is to make a point in a televised match. Hold up a flag and walk off. Abuse nobody and be aggressive to nobody is wisest. ( be aware you are breaking the law so probably not wise Full stop in my opinion )

Tennis balls plastic pigs ect Seems to get attention without causing too much divide.

An all out boycott of one home game would definitely get attention and cause no grief at all.

Smoke bombs Flares rightly seems resondedly critised as dangerous.

Have the people who believe that protests have no affect on SISU at all got any ideas for a protest that would in their opinion?

Surely they don't think we should just sit their and allow are club to be slowly driven into non league?

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Protests

So blowing whistles.... I think we are all agreed if it has to be done then all match by thousands is better than individuals blowing it attempting to mimic the Ref.

Pitch invasions if non violent and it is to make a point in a televised match. Hold up a flag and walk off. Abuse nobody and be aggressive to nobody is wisest. ( be aware you are breaking the law so probably not wise Full stop in my opinion )

Tennis balls plastic pigs ect Seems to get attention without causing too much divide.

An all out boycott of one home game would definitely get attention and cause no grief at all.

Smoke bombs Flares rightly seems resondedly critised as dangerous.

Have the people who believe that protests have no affect on SUSU at all got any ideas for a protest that would in their opinion?

Surely they don't think we should just sit their and allow are club to be slowly driven into non league?

I agree we can't do nothing. It will end in non league at best. At worst the club dies and we have sat by and done nothing.
My view is a) protest that delays kickoff. That would get media attention and not lead to deduction or fines b) protest at fa and league headquarters (perhaps a sit in) c) protest at sisu hq...perhaps a rolling protest over a few days

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloughie

Protests

Have the people who believe that protests have no affect on SUSU at all got any ideas for a protest that would in their opinion?

it could be a long wait for replies

Cavan O'Doherty

Of course he is! Can you explain why?
It doesn't take a genius to work it out. If you buy a season ticket you are helping Sisu to break even every year. There's only so much they can cut before making a loss. You can't tell me Sisu are more likely to leave if you buy a season ticket then not buying a season ticket.

Skybluefaz

It doesn't take a genius to work it out. If you buy a season ticket you are helping Sisu to break even every year. There's only so much they can cut before making a loss. You can't tell me Sisu are more likely to leave if you buy a season ticket then not buying a season ticket.
It's not Sisu's season ticket money though is it. It's ccfc's. You can't just change the facts to make it suit your stance.

Adge

I was pointing out that SISU won't be paying fines and CCFC will. Sad world if that is a "minority" opinion isn't it when it is exactly what will happen.
Oh-I thought Sisu owned the club!

joemercersaces

And how does that mean they pay the fine?

Oh my God! You really can't be as stupid as you come across. Any criticism of SISU is greeted with a hissy fit. Your posts could be dictated by one Timothy Fisher. He must piss himself laughing at you. There is no separate entity called CCFC anymore who make their own decisions. Fisher is SISU, SISU are CCFC, for Gods sake wake up.

joemercersaces

If SISU have, as they often claim, pumped 70 million into the club, then that was their (or their investors) money. It wasn't 'CCFC's' money was it?

No. So if there are fines or losses from reduced gates then SISU, the owners of the club, fail to make money i.e. lose money.

Just as there is no Santa, there is no real club other than an entity owned and run by SISU and solely for the benefit of SISU.

Brylowes

Other clubs are getting sick and fed up with it. We're looking to other clubs for support and all were doing is turning them against us. Like throwing tennis balls at sheff utd player taking throw ins. Blowing whistles when Bolton are attacking to put them off (even if it did back fire). Sounds like their keeper today wasn't far from being hit with a flare!! Fucking numpties.
They'll all being crying on here and fb soon cuz no other clubs give a shit about us!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Are you for real, other clubs fans might "get sick and tired" of it but so what if this shit were happening
To them, I would back them. Wasn't there today but fully support any protests and disruption caused,
As far I'm concerned keep it coming,
It's long over due, but are the "Sky Blue Army" actually starting to wake up to what's going on at there
Club.

Irish Sky Blue

Other clubs are getting sick and fed up with it. We're looking to other clubs for support and all were doing is turning them against us. Like throwing tennis balls at sheff utd player taking throw ins. Blowing whistles when Bolton are attacking to put them off (even if it did back fire). Sounds like their keeper today wasn't far from being hit with a flare!! Fucking numpties.
They'll all being crying on here and fb soon cuz no other clubs give a shit about us!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
I was in a the home area today. I didn't hear anybody around me who was in the slightest bit sympathetic to our cause before the flares were thrown. Lots of jibes about Sixfields being our home, What's it like to have no home etc.
I didn't see any flare that went near anyone on the pitch. I left after the third goal to stand on the hill for the last few minutes. A Northampton fan, came up the slope and said how sorry he was for us as fans, sympathised with what has happened.
I think that most football fans don't know all that has gone on here and most won't care anyway. However those that have a bit about them and have kept up with the goings on will understand and realise protests are not aimed at them or their club but that it is the only thing left for fans to do. Maybe they realise they are only one set of bad owners away from being us.

NortonSkyBlue

But I can tell you that Coventry City are more likely to die if people don't put money in to the club.

I was in a the home area today. I didn't hear anybody around me who was in the slightest bit sympathetic to our cause before the flares were thrown. Lots of jibes about Sixfields being our home, What's it like to have no home etc.
I didn't see any flare that went near anyone on the pitch. I left after the third goal to stand on the hill for the last few minutes. A Northampton fan, came up the slope and said how sorry he was for us as fans, sympathised with what has happened.
I think that most football fans don't know all that has gone on here and most won't care anyway. However those that have a bit about them and have kept up with the goings on will understand and realise protests are not aimed at them or their club but that it is the only thing left for fans to do. Maybe they realise they are only one set of bad owners away from being us.
I have genuine sympathy for the position you find yourselves in. I respect your right to protest, even if it disrupts the game, even it leads to a complete abandonment of the game. The situation is clearly desperate and the stakes are being raised. I don't know the exact goings on at your club but get the idea that someone is putting it's future at risk and I don't blame any of you for fighting hard against that. We had a bad owner very recently. We started to fight a bit, but ultimately we were very lucky that he left quickly with the law on his tail. No short memories here, I feel your pain.

Before today, the over whelming majority of reasonable minded Cobblers fans were sympathetic and many would have supported an organised protest of some kind if asked to as well. However, after today the majority of that support has shifted.

The trouble is that what happened today did not feel like a protest in the end. The flares being thrown initially, to chants of We Want Sisu Out I got. But then two lads who run onto the pitch and approach the ref and various players, clearly threatening violence, shortly after a red card has been given seems to have nothing to do with a protest. It was just thuggery.

Further pitch invaders again approached home areas with aggression and gestures stereotypically associated with football hooligans. How is that a protest? How does that support your cause?

An announcement is then made that if any more flares or pitch invasions happen the game will be abandoned. Order is then restored completely for the rest of the first half and the start of the second. Then the first goal goes in and suddenly flares rain onto the pitch as do supporters. Again, this had nothing to do with a protest and everything to do with trying to force the promised abandonment of a game you were now losing.

Trying to dress these acts up as a desperate protest just completely undermines your cause, and all efforts to gain positive publicity and garner support for it. If you want to get these people out, you need to be heard but you also need to win the argument.

I wish you every success in beating them. I genuinely do. We spoke with a number of Cov fans at the cup game last year and as with all clubs the majority are just sound, ordinary people and were very sympathetic to our plight then.

A successful campaign will need to unite and involve all of those decent, ordinary people and violence and intimidation will just alienate both your own fanbase and the rest of the football family.

For what it is worth, I think a complete boycott would be the best option. If literally nobody goes for half a dozen games they'll have to give in. Sadly it seems most football fans do not have the stomach for this though.

Gazolba

The only valid and effective way of protesting in my opinion is to not go to the games.
However, there will never be a complete boycott simply because you can never get everyone to agree on anything.

NortonSkyBlue

I have genuine sympathy for the position you find yourselves in. I respect your right to protest, even if it disrupts the game, even it leads to a complete abandonment of the game. The situation is clearly desperate and the stakes are being raised. I don't know the exact goings on at your club but get the idea that someone is putting it's future at risk and I don't blame any of you for fighting hard against that. We had a bad owner very recently. We started to fight a bit, but ultimately we were very lucky that he left quickly with the law on his tail. No short memories here, I feel your pain.

Before today, the over whelming majority of reasonable minded Cobblers fans were sympathetic and many would have supported an organised protest of some kind if asked to as well. However, after today the majority of that support has shifted.

The trouble is that what happened today did not feel like a protest in the end. The flares being thrown initially, to chants of We Want Sisu Out I got. But then two lads who run onto the pitch and approach the ref and various players, clearly threatening violence, shortly after a red card has been given seems to have nothing to do with a protest. It was just thuggery.

Further pitch invaders again approached home areas with aggression and gestures stereotypically associated with football hooligans. How is that a protest? How does that support your cause?

An announcement is then made that if any more flares or pitch invasions happen the game will be abandoned. Order is then restored completely for the rest of the first half and the start of the second. Then the first goal goes in and suddenly flares rain onto the pitch as do supporters. Again, this had nothing to do with a protest and everything to do with trying to force the promised abandonment of a game you were now losing.

Trying to dress these acts up as a desperate protest just completely undermines your cause, and all efforts to gain positive publicity and garner support for it. If you want to get these people out, you need to be heard but you also need to win the argument.

I wish you every success in beating them. I genuinely do. We spoke with a number of Cov fans at the cup game last year and as with all clubs the majority are just sound, ordinary people and were very sympathetic to our plight then.

A successful campaign will need to unite and involve all of those decent, ordinary people and violence and intimidation will just alienate both your own fanbase and the rest of the football family.

For what it is worth, I think a complete boycott would be the best option. If literally nobody goes for half a dozen games they'll have to give in. Sadly it seems most football fans do not have the stomach for this though.
Thank you for taking the time to post and I agree with many of your sentiments, I wish the fans had found another way to protest like I wish we weren't in this predicament, however I can understand the frustration of our fans.
It is not about your club, well done though, it's about our survival, not in this division, but as an entity and we are scared that it really could be the end of Coventry City.
We know that the football league doesn't give a shit, we know the clubs owners don't give a shit and we have no say in the matter and are trying to find a voice.
Frankly I am surprised this sort of occurrence didn't happen whilst we were at sixfields as tenants but whatever happens from here I suspect it won't be pretty.
Good luck in staying up.

Kingokings204

I've always said it..... if no one goes to the games there is no club or indeed business. It would have to work. Trouble is you are not getting a total boycott and people are just not going naturally. Be lucky to get 2000 a game next season as it stands. If it was 200 a game they would have to give in.

Sisu please go from my club and give us back whatever is left after you have spat us back out. I beg of you. It really will only get worse.

AVWskyblue

It's almost as if some posters are spinning it just to do anything to put the boot into fans who are rightly so at the end of their tethers.
Fans? Who don't to think of the consequences for their club, and they ain't fans man they are part and the accelerate Pedal of our clubs demise

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

AVWskyblue

Idiot really read the ccfc accounts, then you will see nobody takes anything out, ccfc accounts will show you this when published

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Hobo

So much helplessness, so much frustration, the deep need to do something.....desperation.

But lets stick by the players however poor they might be, they are just kids after all. They are stuck with these piss poor owners as well.

Protest, God yeah, but whistles no, pitch invasions no, flares no. Why? Because we will lose support from other supporters. Footballers and fans are not the target folks.

The targets need to be Fisher and Seppala.

Macca

Fair comments, no flares though. If you were stick 5 miles off the coast in a fishing boat in the night those things from yesterday would be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

There already is a boycott. A good 6-7000 I would say. Will never be total and I think actually SISU are where they want to be now, 7-8000 people behind them, lowest tier of league football with minimal expenses, low wages etc

The protesters though all credit to them are a tiny minority. Guess it's time to stop living in the past. Things have changed possibly for good

dongonzalos

Totally agree

Users who are viewing this thread