I will still support the club next season regardless (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

I know this makes me an evil human being and probably worse than Hitler amongst Sky Blues Talk but I will still support the team wherever we play and whoever the owners are. Other clubs have been through far tougher times than we have.

You don't pick and choose when you support your football club. You support them through the good times and the bad times.

Like I mentioned in another thread, why was no one protesting or shouting louder when we on form and doing well last season?

I'm sure your hatred of SISU/Fisher/Seppala whoever, will stop you from going to a Play Off Final or JPT Final day out at Wembley if we get there next season?

I'm not happy with SISU, far from it but the hyperbole being spewed on this site by some of my fellow Cov fans is ludicrous and overdramatic.

Support the team, support the players on the pitch. PUSB!

Plus what else am I going to do on a Saturday? Shopping with the Missus? No thanks. :D

jon92

Most people will say they won't support the club or the team but they will. Not supporting them will lead to the club not being around anymore

bigfatronssba

I support COVENTRY, no one else.

I have no interest in the Walsall reserves. Our club is now pretty much dead, once the ground share is announced then the death certificate will have been signed.

hill83

alan-partridge-shrug-o.gif

lifelongcityfan

disagree..i still support the club, and have done for 45 years. now is the time to unite and let sisu know they are not wanted.Hit them where it hurts ..in the pocket... boycott any revenue streams and they will be only to keen to go. The club will be sold to someone who is prepared to invest in the whole entity

ccfctommy

I know this makes me an evil human being and probably worse than Hitler amongst Sky Blues Talk but I will still support the team wherever we play and whoever the owners are. Other clubs have been through far tougher times than we have.

You don't pick and choose when you support your football club. You support them through the good times and the bad times.

Like I mentioned in another thread, why was no one protesting or shouting louder when we on form and doing well last season?

I'm sure your hatred of SISU/Fisher/Seppala whoever, will stop you from going to a Play Off Final or JPT Final day out at Wembley if we get there next season?

I'm not happy with SISU, far from it but the hyperbole being spewed on this site by some of my fellow Cov fans is ludicrous and overdramatic.

Plus what else am I going to do on a Saturday? Shopping with the Missus? No thanks. :D

Best post I've read on this forum.

lifelongcityfan

everyone to their own, and obviously respect your pov. but there will be very few people watching home games and i can guarantee it will be like watching walsall reserves.
If alll city fans turned up, do you really think sisu will invest in the squad? no - they will use the money to reduce the amount they have to borrow to build the ground.
if you think this is drivel, then fine

japandy

TOTALLY AGREE

I would love to go to Walsall for a season and teach them to speak Shakespeare's English and I have total respect for them as a club for helping us rather than see us die. But, we will be playing at the Ricoh.

skybluegnome

Good to hear someone speaking rationally. I don't get this "I won't support the club" ideology when things aren't going how we would like them to. Be it the results, manager, owners or anything that we don't like. This attitude hasn't helped us over the years. We have to be realistic, no time for sentiment now. The club need us more than ever, I shall still support them and if that makes me an evil human being too, so be it.

mattylad

ok Fisher you had your gloat now fook off our website

Evo1883

Some people must enjoy being mugged then,The futures bright ,the futures sisu :jerkit:

bigfatronssba

Some people must enjoy being mugged then,The futures bright ,the futures sisu :jerkit:

Don't worry, they can give themselves a pat on the back whilst sitting in a empty banks stadium knowing they helped the club get to the dizzy heights of the conference play offs.

Big_Ben

everyone to their own, and obviously respect your pov. but there will be very few people watching home games and i can guarantee it will be like watching walsall reserves.
If alll city fans turned up, do you really think sisu will invest in the squad? no - they will use the money to reduce the amount they have to borrow to build the ground.
if you think this is drivel, then fine

Completely agree - it's drivel

bigfatronssba

Exactly.

Getting berated for actually wanting to SUPPORT my club through thick and THIN and you get responses like that! :mad:

I suspect its for calling people wankers for not wanting to give money to the people that have taken their football team away.

Nonleagueherewecome

Exactly.

Getting berated for actually wanting to SUPPORT my club through thick and THIN and you get responses like that! :mad:

It's just that it's a rather smug, superior tone from the perspective of those of us who are fucking devastated by tonight's news. It feels like having your nose rubbed in shit.

Steve.B50

Away games only for me. Will go to the Rugby on home day games.
Very low at present but its what we expected.

Buster

No more "home" games for me! I used to finish work at 12 on a sat and be in the Ricoh for 1 . Now I'm gonna have Saturdays off and travel away , must get a rail card. Let's make this the best away supported club around . PUSB

Sterling Archer

It's just that it's a rather smug, superior tone from the perspective of those of us who are fecking devastated by tonight's news. It feels like having your nose rubbed in shit.

As opposed to the smug tone by the fans saying "I've been a season ticket holder for 2148 years and now I'm not going because I care for the club more than my children, I'm THAT good of a fan." ???

I'm not happy with the decision but like I said, I'd support the club if Mugabe was in charge.

mattylad

As opposed to the smug tone by the fans saying "I've been a season ticket holder for 2148 years and now I'm not going because I care for the club more than my children, I'm THAT good of a fan." ???

I'm not happy with the decision but like I said, I'd support the club if Mugabe was in charge.
priceless rubbish

Ashdown1

It hurts me a tad to say it but I will certainly not buy a ST and I have already made major plans for August, October and April to do other things. I cannot bring myself to part with money to help prop up such a disreputable and despicable outfit such as SISU. The arrogance their representatives have shown recently and the complete disregard for peoples feelings has been disgraceful. They just don't deserve fans saying they will go whatever, its what they are banking on, its how they can continue to abuse that loyalty. I shall bid farewell to the Ricoh for a while next Thursday when the 'Boss' is in town !!! I play and watch other sports so I'll find plenty to do but I'm gutted they've killed our club the bastards and can only hope that someone still buys them out !

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, y'see, that kinda says a lot...

theferret

We're not going to have a whole season of this are we? The stay away hordes demonising those who choose to go to games? Not sure I'm up for all that jazz. How long before people start using the word 'scab'?

AJB1983

I'd rather have principles than be a mug.

Probably all part of the plan so fisher can turn around and say it was the fans that killed the club by not going.

Sky Blue Pete

We're not going to have a whole season of this are we? The stay away hordes demonising those who choose to go to games? Not sure I'm up for all that jazz. How long before people start using the word 'scab'?

Emotive word but would be correct to use if one feels that by supporting Sisu owned Ccfc it meant that a professional club in coventry in the future was unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread