I went to Bristol (1 Viewer)

thechase

Quick match report......Kilbane was captain sorry to disappoint everyone. Attacking wise we looked good defensively not so good. Clarke was impressive tho Brown wasnt. Jennings didnt shine at all poor distribution and not very accurate tackling. Poloskei had a decent touch and might be worth signing. Barton shone for me an excellent touch and pass, Kilbane also impressed me with his leadership and knowledge of the game. For example always making sure cover is there before going forward or covering when Hussey goes forward. Both goals were excellent moves and taken very well by McDonald. Ball appears to be the foil for Cody and the attacking midfielder and could get a few assists.

Nonleagueherewecome

Can't believe Cody is worse odds than Sheff to be our top goalscorer. I wouldn't worry too much about Jennings, he's bound to be rusty. And he's not going to be a glamourous ball-player, he's a player made for thriving in L1 or the SPL where you need guts and attitude as much as skill. Yes, that's right folks, he's a Michael Doyle/Lee Carsley...Carlton Palmer type of midfielder. And IMO that's exactly what we need ;)

I love the sound of Kilbane covering Hussey when he goes forwards-that's exactly how I envisaged it working out.

Sbarcher

Performance ratings please - mpg, max speed, journey time, ta

Reynolds_121

so you said you will answer questions about the game but got the captain wrong and wpn't do player ratings? :facepalm:

Not really a face palm because I got the captain wrong is it? In sorry i can't see a thin a blue armband round someone's arm from 70 yards away.

Player ratings ;

Dunn - 6

Clarke - 7
Brown - 7
Wood - 7
Hussey - 8

Kilbane - 8
Barton - 7
Daniels - 6
Baker -6

Cody - 8
Ball - 6

Subs;

Jennings - 5
Poloskei - 6
Elliot - 5

usskyblue

Not really a face palm because I got the captain wrong is it? In sorry i can't see a thin a blue armband round someone's arm from 70 yards away.

Player ratings ;

Dunn - 6

Clarke - 7
Brown - 7
Wood - 7
Hussey - 8

Kilbane - 8
Barton - 7
Daniels - 6
Baker -6

Cody - 8
Ball - 6

Subs;

Jennings - 5
Poloskei - 6
Elliot - 5

Tightwad

Cody scores twice, looks sharp - gets 8

davebart

To me it is irrelevant how people played although it was the last game before the first meaningful match. I didn't like the way we played.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I'm not a fan of having the midfield very tight (diamond?) with the only wide outlets the two full backs. When they got tired as they inevitably did there was zero penetration. Jennings saw a lot of the ball but all he could do was pass it out wide to Hussey and Clarke who in the heat struggled to get over the half way line. All the options up front were tightly marked and balls forward became hopeful and easily repelled.

Bristol were noticeably poorer than when I saw them last season. But a win is a good morale boost.

Ashdown

Bristol were noticeably poorer than when I saw them last season. But a win is a good morale boost.

You did notice it was Rovers and not City??????????

skybluebolland

What flavour pie was it?

Was it warm? Crispy? Had it been sitting on a hot plate for long?

What colour was the foil tray it came in? Was the gravy of a substantial thickness and how strong were the plastic forks served with it?

They did pastys too.

davebart

You did notice it was Rovers and not City??????????

Yes . I suspect i have more idea what the merits of clubs in the area I live in are than you. I also talked to rovers fans after the game and they weren't happy.

Ashdown

Yes . I suspect i have more idea what the merits of clubs in the area I live in are than you. I also talked to rovers fans after the game and they weren't happy.

I didn't mean to be rude but the way you wrote that, it suggested we had played Rovers last year............on a Sky Blue forum its not obvious that you meant you had seen Rovers against someone else !!

Users who are viewing this thread