I was there when..... (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

I was there when Clive Allen scored for Palace with a free kick but the ball hit the stanchion at the back of the goal and came out and the ref didn't see it...was on Match of the day that night (in the days when you only had two or three games on)
I was there (sitting on the couch) when this was featured on the Skinner and Badiel show, had the ref with massive shirt collars? Fantasy Football I think the show was called?

I was there in 87 when we were at home to Southampton I think , when Greg Downs took to the pitch with a wig on
Greggy Downs, Greggy Downs, Greggy Greggy Downs
He's got no hair but we don't care
Greggy Greggy Downs
I was there in the WT when this chant (to my knowledge) was first used. A handful of lads shouted it, everyone cracked up, then joined in.

borastons

I was in the away end (with about 18 other fans) when someone asked Micky Quinn if he wanted a burger at a Bristol Rovers Cov testimonial game (for their kit man) in May 94. His answer started with 'fuck' and ended with 'off'.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

5 years ago today I was one of a couple of hundred at Sheffield United, met Paul Heaton on the train home
b37de37ea5a8573386902d67ff09f18e.jpg
Was it such a good night you'd give it a Perfect 10, or just a Happy Hour?

CJ_covblaze

olderskyblue

I was at V***a when we sung " if you've all shagged Ulrika clap your hands " and Collymore turned to us and clapped his hands above his head
Probably thought you sang “slapped”

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I was there when Larry Lloyd scored from halfway against Norwich (y)

Happy_Martian

I was there when Clive Allen scored for Palace with a free kick but the ball hit the stanchion at the back of the goal and came out and the ref didn't see it...was on Match of the day that night (in the days when you only had two or three games on)

Happy_Martian

I was there when... the West Terrace showed that really we were all softies at heart :)

Okay, story goes during the home games at Highfield Road in the 90s, we used to have programme sellers walking in front of the stand on their way to cash up. One mature female seller was of significant girth, to put it politely. And the West Terrace would always welcome her by singing "Who's ate all the pies". Cruel but she took it with a smile (could have been a grimace, I was sat 20 rows back). This happened all season UNTIL the final game of one season. Game starts, programme sellers make their appearance and the West Terrace takes a combined intake of breath and waits... She gets to the middle of the stand and one or two start singing. Some guys at the front stood up, called for quiet from the fans and presented the lady with a bouquet of flowers to a full round of applause from all the fans in the stand and importantly a real smile and a wave from the seller. Never knew her name but she was truly a Sky Blue to put up with us lot for 9 months :)

duffer

Oh it's beautiful to read the correct terminology for a British subject.
Injury /Extra time not that yanky nonsense of Overtime ffs 👍😊

Overtime is time-and-a-half on Saturday, double-time on Sunday. No other meaning is acceptable. 🙂

Legia Sky Blue

Murphy didn't even wait for the ref to send him off , he just turned round and marched towards the tunnel

Wasn't at that game but was there when Aloisi did the same to Danny Mills. Soltvedt then scored us a late winner despite our ten men.

Another 10 man victory I remember watching was a 3-0 win in the cup at Filbert Street, after I think Boateng was sent off around half time. Mind you we did have a half decent team at that time!

Legia Sky Blue

Worst memory that comes to mind was the awful atmosphereless bonfire 0-0 game with Bradford at HR. Truly the worst most miserable game I have ever watched, even worse than the odd hammering over the years like the Notts County 5-1 game, where they could easily have scored 9, but the gallows humour kind of stepped in to help cope with it.

skybluesam66

I was there in the pouring rain when we lost 5-1 to Notts county

On the open East stand (not long after it was made all - seater) and at half time, we were allowed to run across the pitch to head for cover in one of the other stands

The Great Eastern

Worst memory that comes to mind was the awful atmosphereless bonfire 0-0 game with Bradford at HR. Truly the worst most miserable game I have ever watched, even worse than the odd hammering over the years like the Notts County 5-1 game, where they could easily have scored 9, but the gallows humour kind of stepped in to help cope with it.
That Notts game was when a lot of fans threw their season ticket booklets from the West stand upper. However, most had removed the unused coupons before slinging the empty books onto the pitch. The days of Don Masson and John Chidozi (sp ?). Quite possibly the worst ever performance I ever saw from a city team...

skybluesam66

That Notts game was when a lot of fans threw their season ticket booklets from the West stand upper. However, most had removed the unused coupons before slinging the empty books onto the pitch. The days of Don Masson and John Chidozi (sp ?). Quite possibly the worst ever performance I ever saw from a city team...
the same game where Jimmy hill announced to Steve hunt in the pre match warm up over the tannoy that the club were rejecting his transfer request

glasgowfan

I was there in the 1960's when......... er...... I think...... ummmmm.
Can't remember, my memory's not so good at my age. Everything's fuzzy and blurred. But I know it was good. Very good. George Hudson? Willie Carr? Ronnie Rees? Who knows. But if I could remember it, I'm sure it was memorable.

But I know I was there. I think.

Terry Gibson's perm

The Bradford one was a horrible event I just sat watching the fireworks

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I was there for the pre-season friendly at St Andrew's, the first game we played after they'd introduced the back pass rule.

Oggy got confused the first time the ball was played back to him and didn't know whether to pick it up or kick it, so let it roll out for a corner. I've never laughed so much at a game 😅

Users who are viewing this thread