I told you Reda was mental (3 Viewers)

swfcsam

Hey up Sky Blues, good luck on the forth coming season and all that. Sorry to hear your result today. All I need to say is, I told you Reda Johnson was a nutter! Wouldn't be surprised to see him top scorer for you! What did you think of him today?

Might be on here a few times over the season, especially when you are due to play the Blunts.

Regards,

Sam

:wave:

skybluepm2

Instant fan favourite! Gentle giant and an assassin! Here's hoping to many more goals and far less penalties given away!!

swfcsam

Haha! It only took one game then. Brilliant, looking at it from the stats and match events it looks like he did everything in one game that I would expect! Goals galore and defending and didn't he give away a penalty?

duffer

Haha! It only took one game then. Brilliant, looking at it from the stats and match events it looks like he did everything in one game that I would expect! Goals galore and defending and didn't he give away a penalty?

Always good to have a new legend in the offing - it sounds like the pen may have been slightly dubious, but then I would say that!

Looks like you're off to a good start. Would be good to see the Owls do well, many happy memories of trips to Hillsborough - regardless of results. :)

christonabike

Say hello to Northstandman if you cross his path! Been a while since we went on the classic "though your heart is aching" thread when fester got relegated.:wave:

Greggs

Gave away a shitty pen at a crucial time, all because he couldn't deal with Hanson. Defenders should be better at defending than they are at attacking.

swfcsam

Always good to have a new legend in the offing - it sounds like the pen may have been slightly dubious, but then I would say that!

Looks like you're off to a good start. Would be good to see the Owls do well, many happy memories of trips to Hillsborough - regardless of results. :)

Well, I'm sure he'll do more of the right things than the wrong things for you. Although, I would expect the unexpected with Reda!

Thanks, good result for us but it is only the start. I can't see us having too much trouble this season but I think it'll take a few quality signings for us to worry the top 6. Stevie May signing is a good start.

mark82

Well, I'm sure he'll do more of the right things than the wrong things for you. Although, I would expect the unexpected with Reda!

Thanks, good result for us but it is only the start. I can't see us having too much trouble this season but I think it'll take a few quality signings for us to worry the top 6. Stevie May signing is a good start.

Takeover gone through yet?

Evans1883

Personally i think he will cost us a few points over the course of the season , we shall see , nice to see him score two but its not a circus act , id rather have solid players all over the pitch

swfcsam

Takeover gone through yet?

No! It's a right dodgy situation. We were promised it to be £40Million and that Hafiz would takeover the club once the FL had ratified it. 10 weeks plus later and it's all getting very frustrating. Hafiz owns Lens in France and they have been in trouble all pre season because Hafiz didn't transfer £10M into the clubs bank accounts to provide them with the playing budget for the season. Something that you have to do in France before the season begins or you are in trouble! They were nearly rejected promotion to Lique Un and they are currently under transfer embargo. Add that to current political issues in Azerbaijan, such as the president openly declaring war on Armenia over twitter, and it's all a bit of a confusing mess! Hafiz has lots of business in the countrys politics and is worth around £600M. But, he hasn't been able to send any funds to Lens or the £40M to us to complete the takeover. He hasn't once been in the media and might as well not exist. At least we have his sponsorship logo, 'Azerbaijan Land of Fire'. It's a bit of a farce really.

Greggs

Looked quality today, shame we couldn't get something from the game. Fans favourite and love his song!

Quality? Gave away a pen and was nowhere to be seen for their two headed goals. Granted he scored, but we need DEFENDERS!

malkitccfc

Didn't realise it was him who gave away the penalty! Silly corner to concede however. Johnson looks clumsy but should get a few goals this year!

covcity4life

Hey up Sky Blues, good luck on the forth coming season and all that. Sorry to hear your result today. All I need to say is, I told you Reda Johnson was a nutter! Wouldn't be surprised to see him top scorer for you! What did you think of him today?

Might be on here a few times over the season, especially when you are due to play the Blunts.

Regards,

Sam

:wave:

He's the greatest player In the history of football.

cornoccfc

Desperate to see todays goal again, no idea how he got to the ball. Bossed in defence all game as well.

ajsccfc

At times it looks like he can swat attackers away like flies. He's worth a first scorer bet each week (advice I wish I took today after putting that bet on last game)

Otis

Well I know it was Reda got the red card tonight, but I still think we should blame Conor Thomas for the lost 3 points.

Useless waste of space.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He is clumsy. And it appears he's not only clumsy in his passing at times,but also with him temper. Very disappointing.

when your his height, moving your head towards a player who is shorter Han you is always going to get you into trouble

as for Thomas, I will not comment as I didn't see the game tonight ;)

stay_up_skyblues

He is clumsy. Great in the air and very dominating. Can run a game that is played above head height. Struggles for me against anyone who can play him at football in the ground. As for his temper? We call him a beast, now you know why..

So to, summarise a great big orrible defender at this poor level, will do a job every week for us if he stays on the pitch. Needs to develop if he is to step up a level or two... And that is why he's dropped down one.

Seaside-Skyblue

To be fair I thought he was just as composed as any of our players on Saturday. I was always worried as he looks like a guy that should just be useful in the air but several times he took the ball around the striker and played a neat pass. That is based on me seeing him in one game so I appreciate he may have been clumsy in the other games.

Kingokings204

Scored 3 goals this season but also conceded a pen against Bradford and got sent off tonight. Has his faults. Hero to zero in 3 days.

Frostie

Posted in the match thread too but here...
2.20933119.jpg 2.20933657.jpg
Doesn't capture it fully, it's one of those that could go either way but expect better from your captain & a senior pro.

Astute

He may have his faults but we are going to miss him. If he didn't have these faults he would be playing a division higher and not for us.

covmark

Annoying, I know, but these things happen in sport. He made a mistake but we need to continue to back him.

Sorry but Fernando is right. It was a Twattish thing to do. We more than likely would have won with 11 men.

Users who are viewing this thread