I think I'm going to be sick ! (2 Viewers)

Grendel

6k of those are freebies according to CWR ,well 11K actually sold .

Less season ticket holders if they go or not.

Grendel

I did say that the CET would put a positive spin for their council chums new best friends but this is below the belt even for them.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Don't worry folks.....We all know the Ricoh factor will kick in after the 1st game.....Therefore, next game will be less than 3000.....

PS: I hope its 0-3, it fucking pisses down all match, the toilets flood, all the 4x4's get keyed in the car parks & the real ales off.....

......wankers.

torchomatic

CT Towers, mid morning.

Roving reporter: Hey boss! I gotta great idea, how about this for a headline "One million tickets already sold for Wasps first game".
The Boss: I like it. But <does a quick internet search> will the Rioch, er Ricoh hold one million fans?
Roving reporter: Not sure. But hey, don't worry, loads of people will back us up in the comments section.
The Boss: True <looks worried>....
Roving reporter: What is it, Boss?
The Boss: Have you cleared this with AL?
Roving reporter: Yeah, met her this morning at Leicester Forest East
The Boss: I wonder who she is?
Roving reporter: Not sure, she's always hiding behind that veil of secrecy.
The Boss: OK, go with it. Don't forget to take the piss out of the <does a quick internet search> The Blue Skies.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why don't the CT make a valid comparison with the crowd for our own 'curtain raiser' against Gillingham? 27,000 *sold*, not given away.

torchomatic

You're asking them to:

a) do some reporting
b) show some fairness to the football club.

Ain't gonna happen.

Why don't the CT make a valid comparison with the crowd for our own 'curtain raiser' against Gillingham? 27,000 *sold*, not given away.

pusbccfc

Ahhh, that's where the fans from the Gillingham game have got to.

wingy

11k too many

As I suggested when it first became apparent ,they have a huge catchment with the right Socio Economic group In a 40mile radius .

Personally I'd Imagine they're disappointed at this point .

If they can't get to 22k-25K I don't think It bodes well for when the novelty wears off .

jimmyhillsfanclub

Interesting the "reporter" hasn't popped up on here to post a link to this latest piece of free PR for the ACL/WASPS cunts......

Still...I guess we can be thankful for that shabby little rental van with "#bringcityhome" written on it that they organised......and only 11 fucking months after we left the ricoh.........

covmark

It won't last, Coventry folk can't even be arsed to turn up for teams that have been around for decades let alone shithouse franchises. Once the initial novelty value wears off and the tickets are no longer free, they'll struggle to get a few thousand. Then hopefully they'll go bust and fuck off to where they came from.

torchomatic

I expect another positive PR blitz tomorrow when Jan is interviewed about tonight's meeting.

It won't last, Coventry folk can't even be arsed to turn up for teams that have been around for decades let alone shithouse franchises. Once the initial novelty value wears off and the tickets are no longer free, they'll struggle to get a few thousand. Then hopefully they'll go bust and fuck off to where they came from.

Brighton Sky Blue

As I suggested when it first became apparent ,they have a huge catchment with the right Socio Economic group In a 40mile radius .

If they can't get to 22k-25K I don't think It bodes well for when the novelty wears off .

In direct competition with the Tigers in that neck of the woods.

covmark

I expect another positive PR blitz tomorrow when Jan is interviewed about tonight's meeting.

I think you may be right. I think its a bit of a pointless exercise tonight tbh, I mean Eastwood is hardly going to turn around and announce that the Wasps hierarchy don't give two fucks about CCFC and its fans. He's going to say the right things and try to butter everyone up. They need to spin it favourably otherwise no one will turn up to rugby games. Well..... maybe Italia might.

Noggin

With about 4 weeks to go they will presumably easily hit 22-25k, of course getting people to show up for something when it's special is easy as we saw with Gillingham it's much harder to turn these people into actual fans, they are making a decent attempt at it though with Greeters to help with rules and things, much better than sisu who tried to do the Gillingham game as cheaply as possible and pissed off everyone who brought tickets in the process.

I don't really see why we care either way though, wanting wasps to fail so we can get the ricoh off them is such a long term goal its silly putting much thought into it especially since our club won't exist by then the way we are going and if we do we certainly won't be needing a 30k+ stadium. Our club has such massive actual problems, it defies belief that Toorch and Grendel etc are spending so much effort criticizing what wasps are doing rather than criticising what our actual club is doing. Seems to me the CT's reporting is fair here, it says the 17k includes the free tickets and wasps season tickets. Doesn't seem to be any propganda or anything misleading in the article at all.

wingy

In direct competition with the Tigers in that neck of the woods.

I'm thinking S-W and N-NW particularly here BSB .

I think there a fair Few City business Folk who go to Tigers for their fix and to do their networking .

I don't think they'd particularly have a huge allegiance to Tigers and would Consider the Ricoh for those purposes

bigfatronssba

Not sure why there is so much anger at the cet. They are only reporting the story

dongonzalos

I agree wingy they should be looking for 20k

torchomatic

The Trust: Mr Eastwood, can you put the minds of Coventry City supporters at ease as this is a very unsettling time.
Mr Eastwood: Yes, I can.
The Trust: Great, thanks.

Trust press release: Future is bright for CCFC as the bloke from Wasps said so.

I think you may be right. I think its a bit of a pointless exercise tonight tbh, I mean Eastwood is hardly going to turn around and announce that the Wasps hierarchy don't give two fucks about CCFC and its fans. He's going to say the right things and try to butter everyone up. They need to spin it favourably otherwise no one will turn up to rugby games. Well..... maybe Italia might.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Its a shame that Wasps bought the Ricoh, but they have and that's that. Being jealous about it just eats you up so its time to move on folks, If you want to vent your anger at any one look no further than our owners. They had their chance and blew it, if they had done the deal instead of trying to distress legitimate businesses then Wasps would not have had a sniff. I will watch any sport as long as its entertaining and value for money, I have not decided to try the Wasps yet but under the right circumstances their can be no harm in going along. My first is, and always will, be sky blue. You can call it appalling if you want, but only from the point of view that Wasps are from London and that should be their right full place. Where ever top level professional sport is played people will watch and you can not castigate them for it, its their right.

italiahorse

Why time do I need to get him there ?

torchomatic

Is that the official Trust Circle Jerk?

I expect this will delight many on here, probably have a good circle jerk about it tonight with Nick Eastwood.

Last edited:

Block19

Its a shame that Wasps bought the Ricoh, but they have and that's that. Being jealous about it just eats you up so its time to move on folks, If you want to vent your anger at any one look no further than our owners. They had their chance and blew it, if they had done the deal instead of trying to distress legitimate businesses then Wasps would not have had a sniff. I will watch any sport as long as its entertaining and value for money, I have not decided to try the Wasps yet but under the right circumstances their can be no harm in going along. My first is, and always will, be sky blue. You can call it appalling if you want, but only from the point of view that Wasps are from London and that should be their right full place. Where ever top level professional sport is played people will watch and you can not castigate them for it, its their right.

yes I agree, probably will never go to a Wasps game not on principle, I just don't get rugger.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can call them shallow minded folk who care more about a team winning than where it comes from though, because that is precisely what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread