I need advice.... (2 Viewers)

jto123

Me and my dad couldn't tickets for the away stand on monday so we went for the home stand. Should we go? If Coventry get a chance or score I'm really not sure I could repress my feelings. If we do badly it'll be so unpleasant being around fans rubbing it in your face. This is a real dilemma...

torchomatic

I've done similar things in the past. Remember one Friday night away to Bradford when Bothroyd scored a stunner; just had to sit on my hands and celebrate "inside". Go, you'll regret it if you don't.

You've got to go, any city fan that gets the chance should be at the game, if we win you will be gutted u didn't go. Your not gonna get beaten up or stabbed just enjoy it Ill give u a wave from the away end

torchomatic

Maybe they mean Blocks A and E. Maybe not.

Astute

According to the Bristol fans they will put you in A an E if you go in the home end.

According to a pr!ck that came on here you mean?

If you are worried then don't celebrate. You never know, you might be surrounded by Cov supporters. There will be a fair few in the Brizzle end.

kdrinkell

Went to St Andrews in the cup last season...damn that was hard going.
I'd recommend watching a few wurzels videos on YouTube and practice the accent before going.

Otis

Just take a pad and a pencil with you and pretend you are a local journalist from the Midlands area.

SkyBlue_Bear83

According to a pr!ck that came on here you mean?

If you are worried then don't celebrate. You never know, you might be surrounded by Cov supporters. There will be a fair few in the Brizzle end.
There were a few on the Bristol forum banging on about it as well.

Gaz

The truth of it is that there will be a few cov fans sitting in the home end so don't worry about it and just go.

But at 90mins if we have won, jump up and give it loads to them lol

Sharpie83

Go do it n when we score scream n shout but lots of swearing make out u r really pissed off but deep down u will b smiling n there will b a cheeky grin popping out

BedredCC

Being in certain sections of home ends, Dolman blocks A&B, section of the Williams stand closest to away fans will certainly not be advisable.

Tankie

Just watch some Werzle Gummage CDs, practice the Brizzle twang, and call every one My Dear, and you'll be ok

Covstu

Stewards would probably eject you if you stood upnand cheered anyway so you probably did not want to do that! Just use code, 'oh know they scored' roughly translates into 'fucking get in there sky blues!'

Steve.B50

GOOD IDEA
Say your reportin g the game for a local newspaper. Will be lots of other Cov around you as understand plenty going down and paying to get in home end.
I was in Bristol on Friday night got talking to some fans they are not aware we paid £25 for our tickets and said they are expecting some Cove fans to pay on the gate.
You will be fine, just dont get to carried away if we score.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Grow a beard and wear a straw hat. You'll be fine!!

Bristol Fan......
fred--feather.jpg

Perryccfc

I had to stand with the Colchester fans when we won 5-1 at their place a couple of years ago. I think it was when we went 3-1 up I celebrated and luckily it was the 1 game I took my misses to which I think saved me from a pasting. They did not look impressed. Was typical tho. I'll probably never see Cov win 5-1 away again, and I wasn't even in with our fans. Made cracking noise though!

kingharvest

The bristol fans advice was good. If you were an away fan coming to Cov to sit in the home end, we'd probably advise against sitting in Block 15 or maybe towards the back of the telegraph stand. But even then, only if you plan to celebrate.

If you plan to sit and watch the game without celebrating then its not really a problem. I think the vast majority don't mind so long as you don't cheer if we score. Thats when it bugs people.

If you're in their equivalent of the Main Stand/Telent Stand then you'll be fine i imagine. Like someone said, its Bristol not Instanbul. Just use your common sense and you'll be fine.

EAst ender

The bristol fans advice was good. If you were an away fan coming to Cov to sit in the home end, we'd probably advise against sitting in Block 15 or maybe towards the back of the telegraph stand. But even then, only if you plan to celebrate.

If you plan to sit and watch the game without celebrating then its not really a problem. I think the vast majority don't mind so long as you don't cheer if we score. Thats when it bugs people.

If you're in their equivalent of the Main Stand/Telent Stand then you'll be fine i imagine. Like someone said, its Bristol not Instanbul. Just use your common sense and you'll be fine.

Certainly correct. Avoid the Dolman if possible, especially A and B block. Apart from that, try not to celebrate if / when you score and I am sure you will be ok.If you've got colours on, I would suggest covering them up etc etc, just common sense really.
There's been a lot of discussion about away fans in home stands but I'm sure that's because of the 'Leeds' thing, as stated above it's not Istanbul but a decent sized city in the West country, use a bit of sense and you will be fine.
Obviously, I hope your journey home is a miserable one but it's nothing personal.

jto123

Thanks a lot. I'll be going with my best fake beard and country accent, hopefully it'll be a great game, but most importantly city (cov) will be out of the bottom three by the end of it! PUSB!:):p:whistle::claping hands:;)

kg82

I had to stand with the Colchester fans when we won 5-1 at their place a couple of years ago. I think it was when we went 3-1 up I celebrated and luckily it was the 1 game I took my misses to which I think saved me from a pasting. They did not look impressed. Was typical tho. I'll probably never see Cov win 5-1 away again, and I wasn't even in with our fans. Made cracking noise though!

I went the season before - 400 mile round trip... 0-0! Got back to my car and had a bloody parking ticket even though the police told me to park there!

Users who are viewing this thread